Can we decrease the number of pallets?

Over the course of a match, I was looped around a total of 12 pallets by different survivors who also had DS and Borrowed Time. At that point, it's just a free win. A participation trophy. There was no actual reason to play that match. When a match lasts about 6 minutes, I feel like you shouldn't get 14 free escapes. Maybe by making escapes more difficult, survivors might actually take their finger off of the shift button and use one or two of the stealth mechanics. I play about 2 hours a day and it has actually been weeks since I've seen someone actually try to hide.

Comments

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

Enduring + Spirit Fury.

Thank me later.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

Which Map?

Also, you dont need to kick every Pallet. There are some Maps were you will have a hard time as Killer (my favorite here is Cowshed, because many TIles can spawn connected to each other), but others have pretty fair Pallets (like Badham or Hawkins), at least for the Killer.

And well, looping is necessary... Even recent introductions show that Stealth Gameplay is not the way the Developers want to go. And to be honest, I rather chase someone instead of not finding anyone because they are all hiding.

• Knuckles2099
    Knuckles2099 Member Posts: 14

Agreed. There are too many pallets to break during a match. Every pallet is an extra 15ish seconds of chase time, due to the distance gained by a survivor after either hitting a killer or a killer breaking the pallet. With survivors fixing generators so quickly, it doesn't leave much time to chase them or even make it fair to all players.

Survivors don't work as a team anymore. They just figure out loops so the rest of the team fixes gens. Almost makes it a 1v1 match.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

In late 2018 they bumped the distance between pallets around 16m iirc, then in 2019 they reverted it back to 8m.

I don't know why the game felt fine in late 2018 and much better not getting ultra safe pallets back to back in some areas.