Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Unfun and frustrating to play against: The Ghostface

124»

Comments

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Somebody makes a claim he should be able to back it up, especially when there is hours of this footage. Yeah too bad it was dismissed while explained what was done wrong in it.

• I_Eat_Worms
    I_Eat_Worms Member Posts: 324

get the scream license and rework the whole chapter

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282

Every killer destroys new squads. Killer is stupid easy in the low ranks

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282

Those same videos weren't ignored. It was explained why the reveal didn't work. And then gantes ignored this, and maintained their stance. This is called arguing in bad faith. And then gantes had the gall to call someone out for sealioning, which is a form of arguing in bad faith.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

You cant look around if line of sight is blocked thats the issue. There are a number of gens where you cant see if a killer comes around a corner for example. I had a gen the other say on yamoaka and there was no way you could see a killer coming from any direction but around a wall which gave you like half a second to react.

• Wraith can get you but him uncloaking gives survivors a small chance.
    • Pig can get you but at least in terms of balance she is slowed down
    • - Ghostface suffers no such downsides.

Of course everyone tries to look around when they’re on an open gen. It should be easier once Ruin is gone so you don’t need to concentrate so hard on skill checks. All I’m saying is that with Ghostface being so stealthy, zero noise, leaning around corners, dark cosmetics, ability to crouch.....if you don’t hear him because hes pretty much silent and you dont see this tiny little head bobbing around a corner within about 3 seconds then you’re going to be “exposed”. It seems a little harsh no? That someone with by far the strongest stealth in the game also gets to instadown with it.

Even if you do spot him you cant reveal him if hes behind a corner and again, if hes already stalked you for a couple of seconds then you’ll never be able to reveal him in time before you’re exposed. His stealth is too strong, he exposes too fast and the way he can pop in and out of cover to exploit the reveal mechanic to stop the survivors progress but keep his own leaves him feeling cheap and unfair in a way that other killers don’t.

The amount of gen grabs or instadowns I’ve seen from this guy right at the start of the game. No killer should be getting that many.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Not sure how people are having issues revealing him. Had a match earlier that I had 0 issues with it. I think part of the problem is people trying to look at him dead on. You can't block the screen with your own body, or at least that's the most effective way I've found to reveal him.

It usually pisses him off though, so be careful, especially if he's chasing someone at the time you do it. You tend to become his target immediately.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,276

Well, to be fair, since I think he's stalking around the corner from the left side, he can see your arm poking out.

Also he can see through the cracks in the wood in the basement.

• RngGenerator
    RngGenerator Member Posts: 25

Honestly, the only thing I think that needs changing is the reveal since the conditions for it are incredibly obscure and difficult to meet. You could be walking around looking for a gen and then BOOM! Ghostface revealed and you're in a chase. If I knew a way to fix this I would suggest one but hey, he can be fun to play I guess.

• AceInTheKate
    AceInTheKate Member Posts: 100

I will go for each point.

There is no real counter to his power.

Kinda. Once your exposed your exposed and you cant instantly remove that timer so yea in literally sense their is no counter but there is a perk that hard counters ghost face it's called spine chill.

Ghost face shouldnt be able to hide his red stain and tr(terror radius)

Well here is the thing. One run spinechill you should be using it anyway it's by far one of the best perks I use it all the time and it's amazing. You wouldnt have that problem with knowing he's coming if you have spine. The red stain is easily again avoided by spine but in a chase it's kinda worthless and kinda not. If your good at looping it wont matter.

GF being able to crouch spam should be gone since its abused by all gf.

Ok then survivors should get it removed to since all survivors tea bag at killers at the exit. Your right I agree.

Now your arguements are so much like a entitled survivor main it's so stupid. I play both I'm rank 1 on both and I play survivor more. Ruin is being nerfed because people like you cry on these forums and the idiot dev's decide to listen to you and nerf it instead of making a design change. There are some things that should be tweaked like getting him out of stalk is dumb and stupid. I'm staring at him why did I get exposed. I saw him before he saw me. That needs to be changed not nerfed but fixed. That's the only thing in my opinion that needs changed. The tips I can give you are stay healed and stick to gens. In a few days or in a week or two all games at red ranks are going to be 5 to 6 minutes. Doctors got a hard nerf. I looped a rank 1 doctor for 5 gens at rank 2 and still escaped. I'm not saying I'm a god at the game but the game awards you the player for learning how to loop and how to survive against each killer. The only killer I have issues with was nurse and now that shes nerfed it's a walk in the park most games. Instead of saying he's op and everyone joins in learn how to counter him look stuff up. Spine chill makes his power worthless.

• Simply_Ghostface
    Simply_Ghostface Member Posts: 22

Lmao omg survivors are soo strong and yet we are gonna keep nerfing and reworking the Killers. This game is dying forreals.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Fix reveal and he'd be pretty fun on both sides. The reveal jank on both sides ruins the experience.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
    edited January 2020

Leave him alone.

But he does feel like the new "Bubba". Every ghostface I play against goes into stealth near the hook and just sits there.. so predictable and hilarious to outplay.

Post edited by Inji on
  • Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Playing as Ghost Face as well as going against many, I would disagree. As the killer, you will notice survivors are very inefficient at breaking his power. If you see him, but only very little, it's best to break LoS as much as possible until he becomes more visually clear. I will admit there are those inconsistencies at times.

As a survivor, I've constantly been successful at disabling Night Shroud, wether it's in a chase, or noticing him while on a gen. Again, he must have most of his body visible without obstruction to perform the reveal successfully. He doesn't need a rework or a nerf, Night Shroud just needs to be touched up, so that those inconsistent moments don't occur. From there, he'd most likely feel better in survivor POV for those that are unfortunate.

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304

Don't play him. He is not finished and his code is broken. BHVR doesnt care, working on more important stuff obviously, next topic please.

• su11yboy
    su11yboy Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2020

@ClickyClicky "You can't look around if line of sight is blocked" Yup that is the point. So what do you do? The large majority of Gens have at least one side where you have a good view of the killer coming with plenty of reaction time. And that doesn't even matter too much against non-stealth Killers. If you're really uncomfortable doing a Gen where the Killer could grab you, DO A DIFFERENT ONE. THERE'S 7 ON THE MAP FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. THAT'S THE POINT OF STEALTH KILLERS, THEY CAN MAKE STEALTHY PLAYS. Complaining a killer is really good at grabbing Survivors off gens, Wraith, Pig, and even Myers can get some consistent early grabs with the right Addons, because THEY'RE STEALTHY. But they all have ways to know if they're nearby:

Wraith has his Bell, but even with Coxcombed Bell (Silent Bell) he has loud footsteps. You can usually hear him stomping around nearby, and when he starts uncloaking he makes almost a sudden drum beat stomp and is silent. I legit must've made this one Wraith crazy making him think I had Spine Chill, but I always heard the final stomp. He also makes snarling sounds as his breathing, I play Wraith a lot so I sometimes catch it, but the footsteps are what you wanna look for.

Pig is laughable bad at grabbing someone. Not only is she slower but she also has to unsheath her weapon and come out of her crouch. Some people can also hear her breathing. I usually cannot, but I sure as hell here her stand up and unsheath her knife, so she never grabs me.

Ghostface is probably the hardest, because he can just long distance stalk you and it won't matter that you hear him because he's too close. But you can hear his cloak making a blowing through the wind sound. And to counter getting stalked from faraway just position yourself where you can't get stalked from a large majority of angles, and pay attention to the weak angles where he could sneak up and yoink you or stalk you.

T1 Myers has no terror radius (pretty sure) or red stain, but he's insanely slow, and has almost no lunge. He's also a heavy breather. You can hear him breathing from pretty far, it's much louder then Pigs, but on a Gen it's a little difficult to hear, but once again he's slow so you should always have like 2 seconds to react.

I'll also mention the grab animation is kinda buggy. I have not been grabbed off a Gen in months, but I actually should've a week or so ago, but the game just said "no"

There's your counterplay. And I said it earlier about Ghostface stalking Survivors. If I see him stalking me, I hide so he has to come to me, then I run straight into him and he'll try to stalk so I'll stand right inside him since you can phase through Myers and GF when they stalk. Stand inside GF he can't stalk, but you can reveal him although with Drivers license it's harder still do-able. Now GF is out of his power. He'll either hit you and reset your stalk meter or chase you for however long it takes his power to recharge and try to stalk you again. He might get you if you were close to 99 but you still wasted a lot of his time.

• HauntedMandalorian
    HauntedMandalorian Member Posts: 99

I usually have an issue with facing The Ghost Face; I escaped from him for the first time in a very long time this morning, but that's just because the player sucked... honestly. I never really use Spine Chill, but I might just have to start using it. Stealth Killers are frustrating, especially TGF since he can down you in one hit. That's what makes him OP, in my opinion, sometimes it's too late to even run from him by the time he has you marked.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

@su11yboy Ghostface is barely making sounds though that’s the problem. Maybe it’s due to all the sound issues in the game I don’t know but what I do know is that his cloak is drowned out by everything else.

The other killers were examples of fair stealth killers. Survivors were likely to take a hit but had kore of a heads up or the killers had a movement speed debuff to balance it. GF is guaranteed a free hit no matter what as you seem to imply.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

If you use your ears and eyes you'll know where he is