The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Live Q&A: 3.5.0 PTB/Update

12346»

Comments

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

Since ruin was nerfed because it was used in 80% of matches, when can we expect nerfs to the most used survivor perks like borrowed time, decisive strike, adrenaline and dead hard?

• MisterGein213
    MisterGein213 Member Posts: 31

When brainstorming changes for Ruin, what other ways to change it were tossed around before going with the increased progress reduction?

• Arxaion
    Arxaion Member Posts: 104

There seem to be staple perks on either side that, for all intents and purposes, are only used to counter a lack of viable mechanics.

Hex: Ruin is used to slow down very quick generator progression.

Sloppy Butcher is used to slow down overly altruistic teams.

Enduring + Spirit Fury is used to counter the mass amount of pallets on some maps.

Borrowed Time is used to punish the killer for making what would otherwise be an ideal play, due to a survivor being unhooked so close to them.

Spine Chill is a big counter to all killers with a small terror radius.

Will we eventually see all of the perks become standardized with their respective missing or underdeveloped mechanics fixed, and the lesser perks revamped to be more viable? I would really like the majority of perks to have a viable spot in builds, without perk load-outs relying on some of these common ones.

• smileybones
    smileybones Member Posts: 64

Will you guys be looking into the emblem problems certain killers face? The Plague and The Shape come to mind.

• AlibabaNight
    AlibabaNight Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2020

Hey devs 2016 player here im not happy with the ruin changes but i have a few questions in general 1. will new ruin work with surge or pop at all

Post edited by Mandy on
  • Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

Was it harder for devs to re-do all the textures on the Lerrys map or rework the badcham preschool?

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

The Oni has cooldowns to activate and deactivate blood fury, as well as demon dash, resulting in a lot of time being lost. The player could make up for that lost time by skillfully using demon strike from within demon dash, until the turning speed was changed. The turn angle doesn't seem to be helping this issue, either.

So, I'm wondering what the development team is trying to address by changing the Oni's turn angle, instead of turn speed? Are there any plans to make the Oni's power more unique, and useful than it currently is?

• Mirfua
    Mirfua Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2020

I really like play on killer but it's so stressful all time play vs SWF become gen's pop way to fast ... Without ruin who makes repair slower at game start, any killer who don't have any map pressure will lose game at start...

Any plans remove bonus of repair? reduce pallets number or increase repair time of gen's?

(Why update so survivor sided... if at this moment its more/less balanced if not use over-power adds...)

• underlord99
    underlord99 Member Posts: 1,030

Will we ever see data of how many people play survivor compared to killer?

• Drag0n100
    Drag0n100 Member Posts: 40

In light of the Ruin change, have you ever considered applying the old Ruin effect with Unnerving Presence? I think it would be an interesting way to show the perk some love.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Why where the Doctor's add-ons barely touched for his rework ? Some of them don't really make sense with his new kit and the changes to Snap Out Of It.

• toxicwraith
    toxicwraith Member Posts: 14

What were the reasons for reworking the lerry map and doctor, and is doctor the only one to be reworked or to suspect more reworks on other killers and perks

• winzer102h
    winzer102h Member Posts: 1

Please better hide your totem. (In most games, totems don't last two minutes.)

Totem is on the road to nothing. another totems is located generator.

it's so easy to find. in this case, it is too easily broken totem perk.

Doctor add-ons ("Restraint"-Class and "Discipline"-Class and Obedience "-Carter's Notes) will not work after snap out.

Because the Madness stage is 1 (new patch: Succeeding Snap Out of It will return Survivors back to Madness I.)

Again, you have to spend a lot of time to get the effect.

snap out skill check is so easy.

But the effect of shock therapy is too low. (basic effcect : madness increase small..)

This is nerf and harsh treatment.

• rated
    rated Member Posts: 13

1-what is causing the matchmaking problem because the dedicated servers are supposed to quickly find the game.

• Phaelitico
    Phaelitico Member Posts: 3

Since Ruin is supposed to be better at late game and usually don't last more than 3 minutes per trial, there is going to be some additional changes to the perk? Like allowing to kick generators so you can use Perks like Pops or Overcharge or stop being a Hex? I believe that when attempting to do change one Perk, you guys changed an entire varieties of perks gameplay without noticing.

It's oddly the first time that have perks that doesn't work when put together like Surge and Ruin.

Even when you mix No Mither and Unbreakable you gain the extra speed bonus from Unbreakable with the Unlimited lift ups from No Mither.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328

With current rework of Ruin that is supposed to be late game hex, will be there any totems rework like spawn places so it will be harder for survivors to find it?

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517
    edited January 2020

will the hex totem mechanic see any changes in the future?

• JPKNIGHT
    JPKNIGHT Member Posts: 6

Will you guys ever give the game an X enhanced (4K/HDR) for Xbox One S/X users?

• Wesker
    Wesker Member Posts: 339

Can you fix the killer sounds bug? Most of the times we can't hear close repairing, healing or footsteps

• Thyasian
    Thyasian Member Posts: 37
    edited January 2020

I hope this doesn't sound mean on the surface, but after showing this game to 5 different game design experts all in different types of field of design including game balance, design management, etc and for three different types of games, they all came to same conclusion of this game alienating its top players severely through what they would call "bandaid fixes" and "poor balance decisions". What would you say to convince them and frankly many people of the community that this is not the case?

• Jonsmith31415
    Jonsmith31415 Member Posts: 12

Hello my question is in regards to generator times and. if you don't plan on changing them i just want to understand your reasons not to. as when i play killer even with ruin, time constraints can be really stressful especially. due to map size like red forest. thank you

ps, next time please include the starting time of the stream in your post, thank you

This discussion has been closed.