Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So was all the backlash for nothing?

With the update having come out, and a post being made a while back about the preferable changes to hex ruin that could be made, was it all for nothing? Really? All of the complaints killers have since made, their cries are not heard?

Comments

• EverflowingRiver
    EverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562

No, the devs started from the start they liked the changes and were not going to listen to feed back.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

they already stated a while ago in order to help the game times and early game they have to remove ruin to see how games actually play out normally

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

That is BS i'm sorry great tool boxes and perks like prove thy self will also give them bad "data"

• KamalaGekido
    KamalaGekido Member Posts: 49

See, this is a lie I feel. They say it is for testing but I feel they just did it because they want survivors to win more. I feel this will be a gateway to removing Noed next, then franklins, then barbecue and chili. Etc.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

how is that bad data??

thats showing them that perks and items are causing gen speeds to be done ridiculously quickly and therefore will cause them to finally start gen balancing

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264
    edited January 2020

the only good thing is that ruin can be replaced with already existing perks, personally I have removed ruin a while ago and replaced with dying light, I already used thanatophobia and those two works better, at least you dont need to worry for the totem.

As for the new ruin, it is simply a non-existing perk, I finally could see it while playing and just confirmed my impressions.

Terribly easy to handle as a surv (not even need to bother finding the totem) and totally useless as a killer, basically a favor to new players.

• KamalaGekido
    KamalaGekido Member Posts: 49

Oh and instead of wanting to get data on how fast they can do it themselves, why not just look at YouTube and search "genrush"? It is painfully easy to find videos of YouTubers just abusing the killer as much they can while also doing a gen in less than 30 seconds.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

The devs are bsing they aren't gonna get accurate "data" because of all the variables

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461

Devs have adopted a stance of "Father knows best."

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

Just like they have been doing with the dedicated servers, they’re going to test Ruin’s change via statistics. Now that the servers have been implemented, the devs will be able to see how games go without Ruin and reconstruct the base game depending on the stats.

It seems bad at first glance, but I’m 99% sure they’re gonna do something to make playing Killer actually playable without completely relying on certain perks.

• MarksmanSpecal
    MarksmanSpecal Member Posts: 117

Seriously? Not being able to recognize for more than 3 years, that map size is the biggest problem. Not getting rid of stupidly big maps or insane safe pallets, but killing the blastafix for gen speed, for the sake of no being forced to hit a "skill" check. Sounds like no one gives a .... bout the complaints.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

It’s going to be fine. I already moved on from Ruin and turns out I do just like I did before. Ruin would break in less than a minute and I still won a lot of matches playing with three perks.

You will probably play better replacing it with Pop or Dying Light like another poster said.

Placebo perk got removed. You just thought it was good.