Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I have absolutely no clue how to use The Pig's "dash" ability.

I recently bought The Pig (an impulse buy after a SAW marathon, but not one I regret). I've watched countless (like, eight, probably) guides on YouTube on how to play as her. Playing her has been fun so far, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the "dash" ability. I've googled my problems, but to no avail.

I crouch down. I find a survivor. I hold M1 until the little grey bar is filled up. The Pig does her whole roar-thing. Then she just takes a single step forward and immediately swings her blade.

In all the videos I've seen, The Pig gets a 2 second speed boost. Mine doesn't - she just attacks right away, without moving an inch from the spot where I was crouching. It's barely any different than just uncrouching and doing a basic attack.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried releasing it right as it finishes charging, but it doesn't seem to work any better. Or is that what I'm supposed to do, and my timing is just way off? Or am I just really ######### stupid, and overlooking something really obvious?

Please, for the love of the Entity, help my dumbass out.

Best Answers

Answers

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

You need to make sure you are holding the button down for it to last. The ambush itself is like an extended lunge, but with a charge up/ warning. It's pretty hard to pull off without addons. I love using the addons for her dash though! Her RTB's aren't as optimal IMO, but not completely bad, just not as good as the dash ones. It's one of those things.

It also doesn't activate basic attack hits, so you can use that to keep your STBFL stacks!

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

I mean you can mind-game with the lunge and do it in base-kit... I don't even use the add-ons to extend or help the lunge, it isn't THAT hard to pull off in my opinion.

Does it work every time? Of course not, not on good Survivors anyways...

• remolacha
    remolacha Member Posts: 2

aight I figured it out, I'm just kinda stupid and let go too soon

• FireHazard

I wouldn't worry about it, we were all new at some point.

• Evra
    Evra Member Posts: 12

1) You have to hold M1. If you let go of M1, the attack ends.

2) You have to hold forward/W, otherwise you will just slowly walk forward instead of sprinting.

3) You do not have to release M1 to land the attack. When you are within range of hitting a survivor, the attack will connect and automatically stop.

• FireHazard

What's cool is that The Dash for The Pig actually works as an extended lunge over many gaps that can't really be crossed by walking over them.

That's how she can go over the hole in Badham Pre-School at the right angle with her dash, and over The Hay-balers gap to the other side of that window everyone vaults over.

I think that last one was changed though...