Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Kate Denson:Boiled Over Buff

Am I the only one who feels as if this perk is useless? You really have to be bad at the game to not be able to avoid the struggle effect. I understand the speed of the meter being increased might be too much for the killer. Could the struggle be buffed even more if that is too much to ask for. The perk is terrible. Let me know what you guys think.

Comments

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

It definitely needs to be looked at. Even at max rank, the increased sway is a non-issue for killers. I think a 5/10/15% increase in wiggle meter speed would be a good starting point for it, or possibly a 5/10/15% decrease in killer speed while carrying the survivor.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Ive lost one hook due to that perk so far. I consider it quite weak yeah.

They cant mess with the wiggle speed however or it will be impossible to hook someone with all the bodyblocks

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

It's literally the worst perk in the game now, now that Deja Vu got buffed.

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

I think it should slow down the killer's caring speed and increase how much the killer deals with wobbling around.
    The devs stated that they can't have a perk that increases wiggling speed, because that would unfair.
    But they should have a look at it.

• Denson381
    Denson381 Member Posts: 32
    BLUE_APE said:

I think it should slow down the killer's caring speed and increase how much the killer deals with wobbling around.
    The devs stated that they can't have a perk that increases wiggling speed, because that would unfair.

That is a really good idea. It really should slow down the killers walking speed. I hope the dev's take a look at this because this perk is honestly the biggest bummer.
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    BLUE_APE said:

So increased wiggle speed is unfair, but slower carrying would be fine?

While we are at it, why don't we make a Killer perk that makes all Survivors be in the No Mither state? Since a perk that always gave them Exposed wouldn't be fair.
  • RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    edited August 2018

My proposal is to keep or remove the sway effect bonus, but at tier 3 Killers should not see any auras(or almost none). I don't think this perk has caused me to lose a single hook, even with body blocks. I main Killer too, so I would roughly estimate it's success rate is less than 1%.

Edit: specifically, they should not be able to see auras of hooks while carrying the survivor with Boil Over. But perhaps removing all auras as long as the Killer is carrying them is good too.
    And just a side thing, the perk should totally be renamed to "Buckaroo" if it keeps the sway effect.

• Denson381
    Denson381 Member Posts: 32

My proposal is to keep or remove the sway effect bonus, but at tier 3 Killers should not see any auras(or almost none). I don't think this perk has caused me to lose a single hook, even with body blocks. I main Killer too, so I would roughly estimate it's success rate is less than 1%.

Edit: specifically, they should not be able to see auras of hooks while carrying the survivor with Boil Over. But perhaps removing all auras as long as the Killer is carrying them is good too.
    And just a side thing, the perk should totally be renamed to "Buckaroo" if it keeps the sway effect.

Another amazing idea. I hope the devs could take a look at this response especially since it is coming from a killer main.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Mc_Harty said:
    It's literally the worst perk in the game now, now that Deja Vu got buffed.

You forgot Left Behind

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Milo said:

You forgot Left Behind

Eh Left Behind is somewhat useful besides forcing your teammates to die for it to activate.
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited August 2018

Oh for #########'s sake, you are not ever getting another perk that lets you wiggle out faster.
    Yes, "another".
    You already have Decisive Strike which literally says that it 'fills the wiggle meter' when you hit the skill check after passing 35% at max rank, non-obsession.
    But no of course, all you want is another one.
    And another one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEI3N9kIyP4

If you ever get that perk, you might as well have BHVR remove a perk slot because every single Survivor will run it, then the 'Holy Trinity' will become the 'Four Horsemen'.
    After that, every single Killer you face off against will use Iron Grasp to counter it, and then Agitation just so they can likely put you right into the basement regardless of that perk.
    Then you'll have another perk that's forced into the high-rank meta - Killers already need to use Ruin, then they'll need to always use Iron Grasp.

If you seriously want a perk that lets you wiggle out faster, you honest to god have to git ######### gud.

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Keeping the hook aura ability and making it 5/10/15% fast wiggling speed is fine (I think 15% would only take off 2 seconds but I'm not sure.) To make it balanced, just make it so that survivors can't combine it with DS.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

just make it so that survivors can't combine it with DS.

Oh please do you really think BHVR would even try to prevent perks from being combined, if it would only apply to two perks?
    They should have done it ages ago to prevent Self-Care, Sprint Burst, and DS from being used all at once.
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

@Judgement said:
    Salty_Pearl said:

just make it so that survivors can't combine it with DS.

Oh please do you really think BHVR would even try to prevent perks from being combined, if it would only apply to two perks?
    They should have done it ages ago to prevent Self-Care, Sprint Burst, and DS from being used all at once.

Those are completely different perks though. DS depends on the wiggle meter while Self Care doesn't depend on SB.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611

During the PTB, when I was hearing only the descriptions of the perks, I was hoping it would be a counter to Iron Grasp, like how Lightweight used to counter Predator. But... nope. I tried testing if Open Handed increased the range of the hook aura blocking range but I didn't really notice a change.

• Juquinha
    Juquinha Member Posts: 18

@Justicar said:
    It definitely needs to be looked at. Even at max rank, the increased sway is a non-issue for killers. I think a 5/10/15% increase in wiggle meter speed would be a good starting point for it, or possibly a 5/10/15% decrease in killer speed while carrying the survivor.

Everyone would use that perk and would really screw the game in my opinion,bodyblocks and other stuff would make this perk just another way to abuse killers..

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

buffing boil over means buffing iron grasp too, since that is the direct counter perk to it.
    if both get buffed at the same time, so iron grasp completely counters out the struggle effect, it would be okay i guess...

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
    Mister_xD said:

buffing boil over means buffing iron grasp too, since that is the direct counter perk to it.
    if both get buffed at the same time, so iron grasp completely counters out the struggle effect, it would be okay i guess...

That’s the point, the faster struggle would be less than IG (like 8%-10%) so that someone with IG would still counter it and they’d only have to deal with the normal swaying which isn’t that bad to begin with.
  • TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

I main Kate and love Boil Over, not because of the increase in struggles, but obscuring hooks from Killer's views. Yes it's situational, but when you watch Killers walk past hooks because they couldn't see them through the wall it's worth it. Though it is useless when a Killer knows what they're doing.

Like me. I down a Kate, I quickly look for the closest hook before picking her up.

• Jigsawn
    Jigsawn Member Posts: 19

I likewise have only missed one or two hooks due to boil over, and that's usually because of intervention from other survivors adding to it.

I agree with the suggestion that it should remove all hook auras or increase the sway quite a lot more. Problem is that increasing sway is equivalent to speeding up wiggle meter. Whereas complete hook aura removal requires a bit of forethought or luck on the side of the Killer.

In my games I may have skipped over some nearby hooks due to Boiled Over, but I never usually find it a problem to reach a hook with an aura. I think the perk is probably most effective on mazelike levels like Lerys and The Game, but unless the Kate uses a jigsaw piece that's a big gamble, and even then it's a big investment as the perk isn't really good enough to warrant using a jigsaw.

I'd look at removing auras and maybe change the wiggle sway behaviour a bit, not to make it too extreme but maybe just make the Killer have to do more inputs to counteract it or something. Right now you don't notice much of a difference in the wiggle.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    BLUE_APE said:

So increased wiggle speed is unfair, but slower carrying would be fine?

While we are at it, why don't we make a Killer perk that makes all Survivors be in the No Mither state? Since a perk that always gave them Exposed wouldn't be fair.

you have agitation you got like flash mode

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123
    Denson381 said:

Am I the only one who feels as if this perk is useless? You really have to be bad at the game to not be able to avoid the struggle effect. I understand the speed of the meter being increased might be too much for the killer. Could the struggle be buffed even more if that is too much to ask for. The perk is terrible. Let me know what you guys think.

I had two ideas for this, either keep its current stats but add a 8%/9%/10% buff to the wiggle speed, that way it’s not a direct counter to IG, and the killer will still have the wiggle advantage.

The second idea is buff the struggle effects to 50%/75%/100% and greatly increase the aura disruption to 25 meters/35 meters/45 meters. That way the killer will have a much harder time seeing hooks, but will still be able to see far away so that way they can know where they are for later.