Do we all agree gen times need to be increased?

2»

Comments

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

Tool boxes need a major nerf. They do not need to increase repair speed whatsoever anymore. I see survivors bring them in trials now and it's like, really???

• tkwmm
    tkwmm Member Posts: 103

Gen Time is fine, Map is not.

Dev need to Rework certain map to smaller size + rework god loop into normal loop,

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

I mean it’s pretty fun walking to a generator across the map and it gets completed before I can even get to it and later find out that they have prove thyself. But yeah

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Peanits has said toolboxes should be look into, so there is that.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

You guys are fooling yourselves into thinking your input matters. Was the exemption of ruin from the PTB survey not clue enough? Come on, boys. It's obvious they're just going through the motions of asking for feedback, knowing full well they'll just do whatever they want in spite of it.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328

Absolutely and definitely yes, gen times are now ridiculous and needs to be increased asap.

• rhodamia
    rhodamia Member Posts: 275

Secondary objective idea: The Entities Treasures.

In the middle of every map is a table with 4 relics. 1 relic disappears after each completed gen.

If the survivor picks up a relic and is still holding it when they die or escape they gain 50% more bloodpoints. The killers movement speed is increased by 1% for each relic being carried.

Relics can be dropped but break in the process. Each survivor can only pick up one relic per trial.

This CAN make the game harder for you as a survivor. With a hefty BP reward. Be quick to the relic table as they go away quickly. But also be sure you can handle the pressure it brings.

This doesn't slow down the beginning of the game (unless you count competitiveness for the relics) but it does make an interesting challenge of difficulty and dynamic gameplay as you can buff the killer if you think you are hot stuff.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

I think multiple survivors working on a gen speed should be increased a little, but nothing else should be changed on gen speeds. For example, instead of 44 seconds with two people it's 55 seconds and so on. Toolboxes shouldn't be changed. But a secondary objective should. I propose.... Fuses. Gens can be repaired, but to be completed and turned on you need to find a fuse. Fuses are randomly generated throughout the maps. You can carry an item and a fuse, but it limits survivors ability to do certain objectives like totems and unhooking because their hands are full. This only applies though if they're carrying an item and a fuse. This will slow down the game, require more tactics from both survivors and killers, make old perks that don't have a lot of uses right now more viable(which allows for more build diversity), and makes the game more fair and enjoyable for everyone.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

No, maps need reworked, that is all.

• Prinzessin_Soeh
    Prinzessin_Soeh Member Posts: 15

Maybe it's hard for newbies, but it was a little bit challenging for survivors and needed concentration on skill. Even rank 1 surv. doesn't hit all the great, but it was more fun. And ruin is still a hex.. so destroy it and ur fine. Now it's like no one cares about it, do the gen and get out...

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

I disagree. Even playing the redone Lerys map, still having 2-3 gens done in the first minute. So 10-20 seconds finding first survivor, then 20-30 seconds to hit them twice and down them, then get them to a hook while the other 3 gen rush the first two gens. It's just not fun.

Reworking maps isn't going to fix that. It's not going to combat gen rushing, the dull aspect of sitting on gens as a survivor, or how quick a match goes. It might help a little with fixing infinite loops giving more killers the ability to pressure, but that's about it.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

You do realize gens go faster if the survivors split up as opposed to co-op repair right?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

That's irrelevant to my point. If there's only one or two gens left then 2-3 survivors can hope on one gen and blast it out in like 30 seconds. There's no need for that.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

Now Ruin is gone, there is no need for great skillchecks on gens at all. Would be a way to nerf gen speed for skilled survivors while keeping times roughly the same for everyone who isnt hitting greats consistently.

• WhTe_Tygre_DBD
    WhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295

🤣Needs to get decreased🤣why do you think people bought ruin🤔

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

They'd have finished that gen without it. Those 4 seconds aren't enough to prevent it. Most people use Prove Thy Self for the BP.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

That's there to counterbalance the intense pressure the killer has with maybe a survivor dead or about to die and less gens to patrol. I'm starting to regret supporting your previous posts regarding game balance.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

That's fine. People can disagree. I'm not sure why you felt the need to tell me that.

• Kenidur
    Kenidur Member Posts: 156

I

How about something a little more balanced than a flat out increase.since you brought up SWF as a portion of your arguement, how about + 5 seconds per SWF member? This way your not outright punishing non SWF players. This would then add 10 to 20 seconds accordingly.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I disagree. Killers still win enough games for it to not be an issue.

Just rework some maps.

• NEVELEVEN11
    NEVELEVEN11 Member Posts: 141

As a killer i strongly agree. As a survivor I strongly disagree.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Something which kinda annoyed me with the dev stream going on now is that when asked whether gen times or a new secondary objective need to be introduced they said that "no-one wants to spend more time holding M1" and "Secondary Objectives are not on the table anytime soon but maybe way down the line they might be". Not direct quotes but something very close to this.

Ethan (Dev) stated that "within the first 2 minutes 2 gens should be expected to be done" but in a lot of matches there are already at least 3 gens done. Killers which require set up would be down 2 gens.

I feel like the Devs have the idea this is a slow paced game when it's not. Survivors want to do gens as soon as they can. Killer is running around like crazy doing his stuff Totems are not a second objective because they don't matter if the killer doesn't have noed.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

This is well said. I totally agree with you. You can get rid of toolboxes but gen times are fine as is. Maybe like said before decrease the benefit of survivors stacking on a genny. However that will only encourage survivors to split up more which is ultimately going to hurt killer more with 4 people all doing a different gen.

But doing gennys it the most boring part of the game. We can't increase the times.

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156

I mean i would try it first with a second objektiv so that killer had more time but i would increase gen speed.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Map size and toolboxes are the biggest issues with gen speed. If certain maps were reduced by even 15%, that would be a huge improvement to allow better gen pressure. A minor nerf to repair speeds for toolboxes would helpful also. Base gen speed itself is not a problem and never was.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Nope. Gen Times are fine.

Map "areas" are not.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

It's not a simple as adjusting gen times though. I agree with the perspective of others that the underlying issue is map design.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

They should be increased, but it can't be done mindlessly without looking at forever builds and genrush builds.

• Inokara
    Inokara Member Posts: 50

I think Gen times need a small increase

The games needs a secondary Survivor objective so that survivors arnt just sitting in 5 diffrent spots holding one button

The door needs a double panel opening machanice, there can still be two doors but have to panels on each side and have two survivors open the doors.

Maps need a serious rework. In a more condensed area, the game will have much more pressure on both sides.

Maybe out of the current game they could add a new game mode that requires a black ops zombie Easter egg level story. If you dont know what that is essentially there in black ops zombies they have an Easter egg that is a series of really complex and often times difficult puzzles that take very long to complete with this we could do the same here. All well the killer is chasing us. Each survivor would have 3 lives and each time they die they would respawning locked inside of a locker only able to get out if a survivor lets them out. The game mode however would be quite long so inventive to play would be about 3 times the usual blood points as well as playing this game mode could give you ONE extremely rare and even pricey cosmetic but it has like a mobile game system where you can only play the game mode once a day. This would also cause the devs and designers to start pushing out more and very high quality skins to try and get players to continue playing.

I know it probably sounds lame but it's just something I thought of

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

It doesn't matter. They confirmed that increasing gen times isn't going to happen. They also aren't going to nerf survivor gen repair perks but they ARE going to nerf killer gen slowdown perks.

• Cable2486
    Cable2486 Member Posts: 249

Mostly because the Killers' abilities to slow down matches keep getting nerfed due to Survivor mains whining about it being unfair that a group of supernatural killers should somehow be ' unfairly overpowered '. Yet survivors have six toolboxes with multiple speed boost add-ons that have next to no drawbacks that stack with five perks that increase repair time and all stack together as well that killers have to hunt down one by one, hit twice each, hook three times to remove from the trial, and can spread out to keep the killer from hitting them, reducing the chances that decent pressure can be built up without gimmicky perks that eventually hold them back. On top of that, survivors are well known to hold the game hostage with made up rules of conduct and the unspoken threat of DC'ing if the killer actually plays like an intelligent hunter.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Maps and toolboxes are a better place to look first.

Generators are the timer of a match. Changing the time it takes to complete them means the devs would have to be very careful to change action speed bonuses, penalties, hook stage timers, as well as the aforementioned maps. And that's without mentioning how adding more "hold m1" would be boring.

If anything it almost sounds like less of a headache to change maps and toolboxes before anything else. They already seem to revisit some map pretty much at all times (even if it takes a while for us to get our hands on the result) and toolboxes could be reworked into something else than a boring "you do the thing faster 🙃" item of some sort.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

Prove thyself should still be a thing for BP, which is why I run it.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

And yes the maps very severely suck. The tiles are too strong and the maps are too large.