thanks for ruining the game

Options

Hi, I never thought I would have to write for such a reason, after the nerf of the ruin, everyone who plays as a killer with a rank between 8/1 passes the desire to play it, unfortunately you are doing everything to please the survivors, but damage you are doing to the killers, not one but most of the matches are now meaningless, it is not possible that in 4 minutes 5 generators do you! solve because you're ruining the game, you and your nerf a ruin. thanks for ruining the game dear developers!

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

New Ruin can still be very helpful, you might just have to play differently. If multiple survivors are hanging around a nearly completed generator, stay in the area while Ruin does its thing. They'll be forced to go to another unstarted or regressing generator, or find Ruin.

And trust me: there are plenty of unresolved issues on the sides of both survivor and killer in this build. I play both sides with 2k hours total.

• Feleas
    Feleas Member Posts: 123
    edited January 2020
    Options
  • Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

I've been playing Huntress lately, and I definitely don't run the meta build.. I have Spies from the Shadows and Hangman's Trick on her, and seriously those two perks are great at helping me find survivors.

• RimJobbie
    RimJobbie Member Posts: 2
    Options

By all mean Mr big brain, please tell me how Hangman's Trick can possibly, in any god forsaken way can help you find survivors? Before you say i see them sabo'ing my hooks don't lie, no one actually breaks hooks (maybe it helped you find that one survivor with a hook break daily but i call bs about it being remotely useful for consistently finding people).

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Idk I run bbq and bitter with the second half switching between anti gen and slugg depending on how the night goes or what killer I'm on.

Thana, pop, surge, distressing, make ur choice, corrupt, or lastly discord

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

It's probably quite useful at the moment, since most matches have at least one person working on sabotaging hooks for the Tome challenge.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

You'd be surprised at how many games someone tries to sabotage hooks. But hey, I'm the one running the perk, not you, and if I feel it helps me, then there's nothing you can do to change my mind.

And there's this, too. I started running it before the new Tome came out, but it was a bit in preparation for the sabotage challenge.. at first I would only put it on if I saw toolboxes in the lobby, and use something else otherwise, but screw that, the auto-repair on full sacrifice also allows me to re-use the same hook for more than one survivor. Record is 3 sacrifices on the same hook.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764
    Options

A big problem are big maps. Gen speed is high that's true. Many loops and structures. But patrol gen is difficult in big maps, also losing time chasing peole in loops.

• angryliven
    angryliven Member Posts: 39
    Options

Thanks for replying, I'll explain how I play, I am not the guy who immediately puts the person who has been punished off hook, I like to play clean, and without making the supervisor nervous, so that we all have fun, but now people run the generators in motion so fast that the perks are not enough, I agree to nerfy ruin, but you could put it as a tanatophobia, a perk that cannot be removed, at that point it would not be a nerf but only a correction would give an advantage to surv, and to the killer, that is, think about it, it would change the game. right now unfortunately the killers are humiliated by the fact of the nerf towards ruin, we are insulted (at least this is what happens in europe) and we can not help but see how the killer's gameplay is ruined, in the end not everyone must survive, at least two playing clean must die, (if they are a very good team, at that point there is that they are saved) the problem that after all this time the surv continue to cry and the devs do everything to satisfy them, but we killers when we have changes in our favor? and anyway I have 1k killer hours and at least 2k more on ps4

• angryliven
    Options

I propose to add a fifth perk, to both categories, to the killer and surv, in my opinion at that point we will be able to balance the games

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247
    Options

Nobody tried to change your mind. But a fact not depends on your mind. Nowdays without the old ruin many killers have no chance on many maps. Finding one survivor who try to brake a hook will not prevent the other 3 to finish 3 generators while you get that 1.

• Plaquer
    Plaquer Member Posts: 197
    Options

You're going to stop playing a game over one perk nerf? If you really want to take it so seriously just use corrupt and Pop, they work just as well, whining isn't going to get you anywhere

• cynichism
    cynichism Member Posts: 52
    Options

I don't use ruin. Too many other useful perks. Discordance is helpful for finding the groups, and if you're using certain killers (Billy or bubba for instance) you can nail two or three at a time to halt the Genrussians in their tracks.

On the other hand it does get old spawning so far away from survivors that they actually managed to poop a generator before I can even get to that end of the map. Some killers are better for bigger maps and some are good with the smaller ones, but unless I feel like only ever using map offerings, I get what I get for who I've got.

I know survivors want to have fun too, but being gen rushed on four or five games in a row where you get maybe one kill in total and then have to deal with messages from the little brats saying "2 EZ!!" at the end there, just makes me want to play nasty some nights. Camping, slugging, tunnelling, whatever.

• cynichism
    cynichism Member Posts: 52
    Options

Also maybe adding in some kind of scale where the faster gens are taken down, the more insanely hard skill checks become?

• angryliven
    Options

I would like the developers to read this fed, now the expectations of surv also a red rank communicate to be heard, I who was playing as a killer, now I pass to surv, now it makes no sense to play as a killer, you can not win, now this genrush you can avoid it anymore, I refuse to play as a killer, even if you kill one, I have to catch insults concerning my health, my family ... because surv must always win, so keep destroying this game, in a little while people will stop playing as a killer and I would like to see what will happen next!

I put the point here, I tried, but I don't want to be insulted continuously despite clean play, without camping, tunneling, Thanks developers! keep it up!

• Holylock
    Holylock Member Posts: 82
    Options

Since the ruin nerf, i feel like most of my games as survivor became so easy and fast. And playing as killer is more stressful than ever.

• BenjCano
    BenjCano Member Posts: 24
    Options

Statistically unlikely.

However. Let's assume that you're correct. I was carried by Ruin into ranks I didn't belong in. Now that the game balance has adjusted, I need to rank down a bit until I'm at the level that comfortably reflects my skill. Let's assume that is rank 8.

If I was rank 3, that means I need to lose 25 pips to make it down to rank 8. Note that this does not mean I need to lose 25 games in a row; because even if I'm struggling and miserable and sweating, by sheer random numbers I'm going to black pip here and there and maybe even pip up. I think that saying 40 games are going to be necessary to bring me back in line with where my skill really is.

So you're saying that I need to play 40 games in a row of miserable experiences, losing and frustrated and powerless, because the developers decided to take away my training wheels? Why would I want to do that to myself? I don't play this game because I want to feel bad. I don't have the patience to plow through 40 frustration fests, and I'm not going to do it.

And guess what? Even that is a moot point because ever since the mid-chapter update, when the Ruin nerf was released, I've had the rank update error. I am literally stuck at rank 3. No matter how bad I lose, I cannot lose rank. So now you're telling me that from now until whenever this bug is fixed (bear in mind that the Decisive Strike bug was fixed in less than a week) I just have to suck it up and deal with a horrible game experience? Nuts to that!

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

i have no issue applying extreme pressure as clown.

• Sinner5Gonn4Sin
    Sinner5Gonn4Sin Member Posts: 103
    Options

Even if you forget about that recurring bug, that's another issue, I guess you figured out by yourself where it comes from.

You seem like a guy who rationalize a lot, but keep in mind that you can still have fun by technically losing. If you personnaly feel like playing a rank you don't belong in, refuse to play the game how it's supposed to be played, don't hook anyone, juggle people but keep trying to have the part of the game you love the most engaging for you ( Whether it's chases interactions, map pressure, or whatever makes you happy about this game ), try different fun builds and collect your personnal data about it or simply train one aspect of the game at the time to its fullest meaning that you won't be such a threat but you'll get better at a faster rate and/or eventually depip.

You clearly shouldn't need to do that, and I do agree about that, but that's one way to do things regardless.

Also, as sad as it can be for people playing this game competitivewise it's not going into this direction at all. BHVR themselves said that the ranking system reflects more the time you spent on the game this season than your individual skill and due to its current flaws it should be obvious than they can't make Dead by Daylight a competitive environnement.

Oh, and please do not compare how much they care about a bug to another simply according to the time they took to fix it. Some bugs are just a line of code to fix, some others are rooted inside other game mechanics and fixing them the short way would alter the whole game. You don't want them to fix a bug to recreate another do you?