What is the dumbest thing that you have done as killer before?

Comments

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

Downed the last survivor close to an open gate. There weren't any hooks close and since the egc timer was pretty low, i decided to watch the entity come and take him. Turns out he had unbreakable so I got a nice view of him running out the gate.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Letting the bad player escape. For a day they kept spamming me with messages like "Your Ass" or "Get good" and "Trash Killer" even thought I basically 4Ked her team. Eventually I just reported her and I'm pretty sure she got banned.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Chasing a Meg, downed her, had a trap pop halfway across the map and was using distance add-ons. Fumbled the key press to pick her up because I was getting ahead of myself and hit Left-Alt (which is my teleport key) and yeah... that game didn't end well.

• egocentred
    egocentred Member Posts: 25

I just spent an entire game as killer defending my Devour totem, that was next to a survivor on a hook. As in within 3 feet. Cause the second anyone went for the save, they would do the totem first. They also kept unhooking the survivor in my face.

Needless to say, I got 0 stacks and after the first survivor died on that hook I just gave up on trying to use devour at all.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I once walked to a generator with the intention to repair it.

I tried to cleanse a totem before as well.

I still catch myself holding down left shift in order to run while playing killer.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

Was nice to the survivor only to get tbagged and then flamed in chat.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

getting 360ed like 10 times in a row

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264

It's actually not something I have done, it's something I keep on doing and seem to never learn :)

Basically I rush myself for no reason and keep on landing the hit too early, I eegularly give at least 3 wrong hits each game, which of course result in a waste of time that becomes decisive for me losing some matches :)

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

tried to attack someone with Wraith without uncloaking..... 3 times.... in the same match.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

When the game first came out (less than 3 months), I, and a lot of other people, thought the perk Insidious made the killer completely invisible. I would stand 5m away, just out in the open waiting for other survivors to rescue a hooked survivor. Adding insult to injury, I guess they thought I just went AFK and tried a hook rescue...so, I thought it was "working".

• hocrux
    hocrux Member Posts: 212

Trapped myself in the basement by blocking all exits while i'm inside the house still

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122

Putting a trap on a survivors head as Pig, then they kill themselves on the hook/DC, or if they're on death hook and I didn't realize it until after.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    edited January 2020

When I started the game I thought the nurse was the worst killer followed by Billy...and Wraith and Doctor top tier...

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Trying to mindgame pallets with Oni. : P

• ReapersWrath85
    ReapersWrath85 Member Posts: 18

Somehow forgot I was carrying a survivor while chasing another down.Then there was the time I thought I was losing it, everytime I went for a hook the aura disappeared.I dont know how many I walked past before they wiggled free. (Forgot all about that perk which hides hooks around you,I forgot the name.I done many things that question my skills and thinking as a gamer since Nintendo lol

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

Hooking the last survivor and then realizing I had a cypress mori active.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Thinking dedicated servers might be good.

Nothing like carrying someone to the basement, and as you reach the hook, you teleport all the way to where you picked them up, take two steps, and then they get off your shoulder. Huntress hatchets hitting me as survivor while they hit the ground/walls near me. Pallets going down, then the killer hitting me while inside of them, teleporting backwards, and then getting stunned. Vaulting windows and running, only to teleport backwards to the sill and getting hit. Reaching people on generators/hooks/injured at vaults, beginning the grab animation, and then nothing happening while they run off.

• mkshockter4
    mkshockter4 Member Posts: 7

First time playing trapper I only managed to down one person. After I picked them up the gates were opened and I wasn't paying attention and stepped in my own trap. Never played trapper again.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747
    edited January 2020

"Protect the ruin" Pig. I even got a couple of hooks and one time a guy died on a timer. It was hilarious.

Though a couple of times a guy said at the end chat "dude, you're stupid" and I was like "nah, I'm probably way smarter than you are, I'm just bored"

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

as Myers, popped tier 3 from so far away I couldn't do anything

• shadychief73
    shadychief73 Member Posts: 9

One time I had waited so long for the game to match me up that I completely forgot I had run an Ebony Mori till the game was over. Worse, I had one kill and definitely could have gotten a 4x.

• yutycorn
    yutycorn Member Posts: 246

Played around with the splinters and tried Mikey out. I knew about 99ing for tier 3, so worked to get my stalk, tiered up, completely forgot I had tier 2 and tiered up again thinking I was still in tier 1. I was tier 3 and shocked. Ngl I was staring at the survivor like "woops!!"

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

I thought they had to stay on a hook for 3 whole minutes total and didn't know about hook phases, so I camped a lot my first week. Also thought bleeding out counted as a kill for the mori dailies. I think there's a few more things I don't remember at the moment. Just causing trouble with my beginner level Doctor was so fun, especially after I figured out how to actually play

• perpill
    perpill Member Posts: 58

Attacking a Survivor rather than closing the hatch that we both went for.

• AlbinoViera
    AlbinoViera Member Posts: 169

I played this game.

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49

Played Dungeon Master Trap Daddy and in my hubris stepped in my own trap in the basement with a survivor on my shoulder with the whole squad behind me on the stairs to witness my shame.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

What a terrible mistake...really you kept your audio low? Lol

Here's mine. I looked away from the screen for 3 seconds.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

This happened last night. The last guy was slugged and didn't know he had a key. I look for him and instead of picking him up, I close the hatch and watch him get picked up by adrenaline and escape by hatch. I couldn't stop laughing.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited January 2020

I was playing Oni with Tinkerer trying to jumpscare Survivors.

I see Tinkerer go off and approach the gen to see an injured Dweet working on it.

So I go up and grab him off the gen.

He DS'es me, finishes the gen, Bottled Time instaheals as I hit him after, and sprints to safety.

Jokes on me, he wasn't a Dweet and I wasn't scaring anyone that game. :(

• Coder

So, I'm doing an "end game piggy" (or wraith, or any killer), it's hilarious when it works. I go AFK, I have a laugh of the stupid things survivors do in front of me, like running around to farm boldness points, or blind me, or vault pallets over and over... so when the time is right, I activate myself and start killing. At first I waited til 25% of the end game bar I wanted a 4k just by using 1 hook and blood warden, but most of the time it didn't work, or they did my NOED which defeated the purpose. So now I go to a gate, wait there and when the NOED activates and there are some people around, I start the killing.

I've gotten insults, laughs or even threats like "I'll report you for being AFK on purpose, enjoy your ban" from a guy who died, of course :-D It's hilarious.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Afking is reportable I'm pretty sure...not so sure this counts lol.

• Coder

I'm actually not AFK, I'm literally AT the keyboard :-D

• Coder

Another one :-D

• ThatMetal1
    ThatMetal1 Member Posts: 28

wasting 30 seconds searching everywhere for a survivor then realizing in post game I got pebbled.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I felt bad for survivors and let them go.

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344

When I first started playing as killer I thought hitting people on the hook made them die faster. xD

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Every second counts as killer so 3 gens popped like popcorns.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

You closed your eyes for 3 seconds and lost 3 gens, all I got to say is 'git gud', how dare you take 3 seconds to breathe.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Not picking Lightborn against a squad of Neas all of them with flaslights and ugly cosmetics... It was a very shiny match tho.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377

Assuming survivors are always good and ready to loop. I do lots of double faking and I look back and there they are, sat at the pallet while I’m wasting time; it breaks my soul.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

I had 4 panicked survivors running around in the exit area with Blood Warden active. EGC was set to end just before blood warden. ..... Then I downed someone..... grrrrrr.

Wanted a few extra points for the hit, but forgot it would slow down the EGC timer. Felt bad for the guy, so I let him crawl out after the other 3 escaped.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

I play no stalk no add on myers quite a lot. Its good for some jumpscares, you definitely will never win like this though.

• GreezyWeezy
    GreezyWeezy Member Posts: 72
    edited January 2020

Accidentally hitting the R2 button on Ps4 to set a trap while closing in on a chase with Trapper and losing valuable time. Happens at least once every other game and costs me the match usually.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062

I played as Killer instead of playing as Survivor.

• VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319

Because I now stick to low ranks i have a bad habit of trying to outplay people at loops who just keep running and throwing pallets lol