What is the dumbest thing that you have done as killer before?

Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

What isn't visible in the picture was my add-ons and offering

I ran the uncommon and common pin on ormond

Comments

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Walked around the Harvester instead of just running across the hay bales.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

I don't really get OP's first image.

But I had a very good run and 4k streak as Killer a few days ago and then as Nurse I was already extremely overconfident in my abilities that I thought I could destroy any Survivor. Then I made many mistakes against a good Survivor as Nurse which cost me the game.

Basically, I chased her for to long and she knew how to play against Nurse. Not that I am a bad Nurse, I just commited to the chase for to long instead of chasing others. That's one recent dumb thing I did as Killer.

• Hoodied

Pretty much I ran the worlds dumbest loadout for legion in the higher ranks

I got completely ruined, never hooked anyone in basement for monstrous to work, cruel limits actually got me to down someone, brutal strength isn't really a legion perk, and STBFL isn't as good as legion

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Walked on a bear trap while I was holding a survivor. Catched after him but still. Oof

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Playing myers without add-ons and stalking.

That was my first couple of games lol

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555

not me, but yesterday i had a match against a Tombstone Scratched mirror Myers (i seriously hope it was memeing)

personally, once, i jumpscared myself as hag and ran away

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

Phone call had me late. Already loaded in on map by the time I got done. In my hurry put wireless headsets on wrong. Kept hearing survivors running and vaulting but could never find them. I was in a complete rage by the time I realized what the problem was.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Playing the Clown without perks and addons on rank 1.

(I got a kill tho, the guy must have been semi afk or something)

• When I first started playing, I thought the hatch sound was like.. some badass music to signify that there is only one survivor left hiding. fortunately we were both rank 20 4heads so I still found and closed the hatch

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Let survivors escape just to be "nice". Like any survivor would run to the killer and give up just to help them 😄

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Don't generalize, I might be one in a thousand, but I take my toolbox off if I see 2+ toolboxes, here's an example of what happens when I do:

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Brutal Strength on Nurse.

• AWildLuke
    AWildLuke Member Posts: 22

I heard someone working on a generator on the tile I was going to hook a survivor, and still walked through the pallet (got stunned of course)

I also may have slugged a no mither waay back (but thats only because I didnt know they could pick themselves up at the time)

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited January 2020

OHHH MY GOD don’t remind me LOL.

So I killed two people and one happened to have a key, I was running franklins so I killed them and the key dropped. There were still 4 gens left to do and I was slugging the Bill, and I couldn’t find this Claudette ANYWHERE (I needed a 4k for the tome challenges). So I let him up and was looking around, I had that pink aura reading add on with ghost face so I knew where she kind of was but I literally just couldn’t find her. Eventually Bill got two gens done while I was looking for her and suddenly I see they escaped. The only way with out of the hatch with the key. I never ran franklins after that LOL. (I didn’t know there was a key even in the game until after, I had franklins because it was one of the only perks I had at the time)

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Tried picking up a downed Survivor while they were being healed. Did not know you could not do that.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Waited out a DS at a locker thinking the person was still in there. Come to find out they were long gone as I opened the locker and nobody was in it. o.o

It was a Claudette that snuck out before my eyes.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597
    edited January 2020

Shortly after New Freddy came out I kept trying to put a survivor to sleep not realizing i Kept looking like an idiot putting snares all around.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Forget to charge my headphones. My boomer ears can't play killer without headphones☠☠☠

• Stepping in trap wasn't intended while carrying survivor.

• Kotobelka
    Kotobelka Member Posts: 14

Started playing this game as a Killer.

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

I tried to run as Pig by pressing shift (It's a reflex).

However my secondary ability key is bindined to Shift.

Ended up crouching instead.

Done the same with Hag as well with the teleport.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Accidentally wearing my headphones backwards.

It's really confusing if the sounds are reversed

• Hoodied

I set up a conga line with traps, hoping if I stepped in 1 it would force trapper through 1 end to the other

Didn't work like that, got stuck on 2 traps and needed help

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2020

Downed a Blendette right before the last gen got repaired and for some reason I thought she got up with Adrenaline since I couldn't see her in the grass. That made the start of a series of dumb and misinformed decisions resulting in the remaining 3 survivors escaping (while by my standards it could have been easily a 3k at least).

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

I bought some new wireless headphones a few months ago and for the first few days I had them on the wrong way around and couldn't tell why directional sound was messed up.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

Forgetting to grab healthy survivors when they go for the hatch instead of hitting them. I forget.... Every. Single. Time. Smh

• survivormain1105
    survivormain1105 Member Posts: 327

Hey I have done this as survior. It happens just saying.

• Crimbojambo
    Crimbojambo Member Posts: 82

Afk'd whole match because I was looking at good memes on my phone

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Played Spirit while calling my girlfriend, so I had no headset on, kept my audio low (like at 5 notches) so I could hear her.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Thought I would have a relaxing time.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

My first games 2 years ago as killer, i really really though on few games that the death timer of an hooked survivor was actually an energy bar like in fighting games so i was hiting them on hook til death, lol poor ones

I was so toxic without even knowing what it meant

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

Meg- RUN!!! ITS A GHOSTFACE!!!!

Ghostface- WHAT!?! WHERE IS HE!?!

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330

When I first played the game I used to listen to music and I never was able to hear survivors ever.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Chasing a magical Dwelf like a puppy.

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126

Running NOED on myers when I first started playing.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

Downed someone that had last second Delivererance'd off the hook a few meters away from the open hatch... and then picked them up before closing the hatch. The moment I pressed spacebar I had a serious "wait a second what am I doing" moment. Needless to say they DS'd me and jumped into the hatch.

Could've easily been prevented though so I still had a laugh at my mistake 😄

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253

I was a complete 4head and stuck around while a swf kept switching out on an infinite. And the worst part was that they were all blendetes who had the same outfit on