Blacklist killers for queues?

Let me just start by saying I am in no way survivor biased.

My personal opinion of the current state of the game is that survivors are immensely stronger than the majority of the killers.

Now onto the point of the thread: Why is there not a Blacklist option for survivors when queuing up?

Personally, I find The Spirits design to be extremely boring and flawed both before and after changes. Quite frankly I'm more inclined to just DC and go next when I get downed to a Spirit who just happened to win a 50/50 roll on which way to turn during her haunting. It's not engaging for the survivors at all. If The Spirit happens to be bad or make an incorrect decision when the balls in her court, (e.g. can't look for blood through Iron Will or Skratch marks) then she ends up forcing an early pallet only favoring her.

The most powerful killer in the game, Nurse, is actually fun to play against and is really engaging for both killer and survivor. Both are equally rewarded when you outplay one another or win a mind game.

Interested to see peoples opinions and contradictions.

Comments

• Williamz
    Williamz Member Posts: 143

You play against Spirit in a similar way to Nurse. You predict, make a decision, guess if you would like on if she will account for you doubling back when she blinks or not. Thus, the same result when you make a prediction on where the spirit is.

When a player says spirit provides "no feedback" what they really mean is they struggle with the fact they literally can't see her making her play when the reality is, you can. When she stands still. Yes she might be stood there, she might not be, either way she is making a play so now you evaluate what's around you and now you make a play. I would use jungle gyms and other high wall areas to give you better odds of making a good play, the same strat you would do against a nurse.

• Doragodx
    Doragodx Member Posts: 10

With the Nurse you can actually see which way she faces when casting, you can also react to her blink, therefore reaction MS is rewarded. You can't do this with spirit. Even ScottJ outlined this. There's a big difference in being able to see Nurse and not being able to see Spirit.

I mean with Nurse you can punish them for overblinking. Spirit just runs into you and M1s you just by choosing the right path by RNG.

Again MS reaction rewards the winner. Winning or losing the RNG into spirit generally favors the Spirit even if it's as something as little as forcing a pallet.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247

Ehm why should be a blacklist? And if so, the why only for survivors? Why killer's can't blacklist perks?

The game works that way. People payed for their chars, they want to play it. And I hope once the disconnect penalty will be a real thing.

• Doragodx

Yes, because playing a 50/50 chance where (in most scenarios) Survivors end up losing or losing ground is really skillbased game play where the players need to engage..?

Bringing up blacklist perks really does seem like a grasp at straws for an argument. Why couldn't survivors blacklist perks? That's just a totally different conversation. Additionally you need Iron Will to even be able compete 50/50s vs Spirit only to lose less than more in the outcome of a 50/50.

I personally don't find it fun nor fair to play against Spirit. I paid for this game and DLCs too doesn't mean my fun should be disregarded either.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247

Blacklisting a killer with it's power, and also perks... Aha, sounds valid. Maybe there should be a text area, where every survivor should make a list what the killer will have to do, and if he failed, he get banned for 3 days...

So no. It is not a different conversation. If you can say that you want to banish a killer entirely because it is not fun (and of course the 3 other survivors should do that too), then the killer, who already have less fun because the genrush amd such things ends in a game, where 4 killers could be banned for him. Even if we would say this is a good idea, then we should have to give something for that side too, to counter it.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

Totally agree. As a Freddy Main I would choose Object of Obsession. But imagine how many killer would choose DS. Imagine the queue times XD

• Doragodx

Perks are teachables.

There's nothing unique about survivors except cosmetics.

I don't have a problem with any killer perk, even noed. Again though, not part of the conversation nor anything to do with the point.

It's literally 1 right click with no counter play and the only thing you can do against it is lose less on a total coin flip. Maybe if spirit actually had an animation whilst using her power, that would be a step in the right direction. Why can't survivors see her hands move to activate her power too, rather than just guess if she is or is not?

There's nothing equal to remove for survivors.

Perks are a completely different argument. Stop bringing it up, it's irrelevant to the my original QQ post.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

No. Main reason being you join lobbies before confirming which character to play as. 4 different survivors have 4 different killers blacklisted.. Then the killer gets a message saying "no you can't play that one, survivors don't want you to.. Or that one and that one too.. But feel free to play that underpowered killer, no one minds"

Yeah no. Playing against different killers is part of the game. Learn to play against them and deal with it.

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240

Just have it so survivors can see who the killer is in lobby. I wouldn't mind that at all if it meant being able to trick survivors into thinking I'm playing legion just to last second switch to spirit. Oh man that would be too funny 😂

• Marcavecunc

Survivors already do that, either switching survivors at the last second or everyone putting on a toolbox just as the game readies up.

• Rasinbran

Yeah I know it'll be a grand time returning the favor to them :)

• Marcavecunc

But honestly I would rather be a surprise for them to find out during the match, not before.

• Rasinbran

I suppose. I just imagine sitting on hag and the survuvors thinking they are smart putting on flashlights and urban then I switch last second to a nurse with Franklin's. I guess it's better off them not knowing but it would be fun to get in their heads before the game even starts.

• Marcavecunc

The hag example you just mentioned is one of the reasons they shouldn't do it.

Flashlights to counter hag or wraith

Object of obsession to counter stealth killers

Taking off medkits and healing perks against plague

Putting on calm spirit against doctor or clown

Etc etc.

• Williamz
    Williamz Member Posts: 143

I don't think you still understanding what I'm saying. When she physically isn't moving she is 100% making some sort of play and you can make a choice on that. The only time Spirit is in excellent favour is when you run to a tiny loop. I'm aware of who "ScottJ" is and yes I agree with him on some things but not a lot on Spirit. He has said stuff like "you can't tell if she's phasing with the school outfit.." When I have recorded footage on my hard drive right now of a spirit standing across from me at a pallet going into phase and me simply vaulting across while she's wearing said "outfit."

Spirit will eventually catch you but it's about prolonging the chase. Yes she is in favour of her chases but if she wasn't she'd be a pretty bad killer. She isn't OP. You gotta remember she has to hit you twice as well. Stridor does make it easier if you don't have IW but a good survivor with IW and Spirit without Stridor can struggle and gens go very fast in this meta.

• Doragodx

Agreed. It's why I don't wish to be punished to play against an unfair killer. My chosen ultimatum would be blacklist or re-design.

I'm not saying somebody should be stopped from playing that. That's not what a Blacklisting is. I don't want to play against Spirit so don't queue me into one. Would invovle making killers pre-determined before lobby.

I already addressed this. I believe you're just cherry-picking what I've said in contradiction. Regardless of what play she's making, the survivor is forced to make a coinflip.

Any power indication shouldn't be restricted to a cosmetic. You can clearly and intentionally see every other killer use their power and have a chance to use reaction MS. Spirit is literally the only killer that you can't.

You can stand and literally encourage a survivor to lose a 50/50 coin flip without even having your hands on the keyboard. That's not at all engaging game-play even for the killer. That's not fun and if you believe it to be subjectively so then I'd honestly believe any one would be lying to themselves.

All killers will eventually catch you, that's the point and the intent of the game and it's design. I did say in my OP I believe survivors and most map tiles to be stronger than most killers.

Nurse is in favor of her chases because she completely ignores terrain, loops and vaults. You actually need your hands on the keyboard and mouse to 100% ignore said game designs. A better example would be I can actually dead-hard a Nurse. You can't reliably dead hard or use a 99ed SBurst because, again, you can't use MS reaction to reward. yourself.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    edited January 2020

If you believe that survivors are stronger in most situations, why are you so adamant about blocking a killer that you can't cheese against and actually have to play the game?

• Marcavecunc

"I'm not saying somebody should be stopped from playing that. That's not what a Blacklisting is. I don't want to play against Spirit so don't queue me into one. Would invovle making killers pre-determined before lobby."

That's the problem. I want to spend my points on any character I want while in the lobby, on either side. So if they prevent the killer from changing characters in the lobby, they also need to prevent survivors from doing to as well. What's good for one side is good for the other. I mean I usually know what character I'll play before starting it up but I like having the possibility to change characters once I joined the lobby. Either for bloodpoint spending reasons or just checking perks and whatnot.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The best character will have stupid long queue times. Players maining said character will be unfairly punished.

• Marcavecunc

That, too.

Everyone will blacklist the same killers, no one will want to play against Hag, Hillbilly, Leatherface, Ghostface, and whoever else survivors hate most.. basically it'll make matchmaking take even longer to get games going if they implement this.

• YourFather
    YourFather Member Posts: 89

Thats not a fact,

The loading screen will expose the killer almost always,which is bullshet.

• Marcavecunc

Only the first time you play against them, afterwards you won't see the clue on how to play against that killer again.

• YourFather
    YourFather Member Posts: 89

Well i didnt know that,i thought is shows itself always.Thanks for the info.

Also @Doragodx , what everyone is trying to tell u is that DBD is not an PVP Arena where u blacklist characters.

When u play a survivor, u have to survive a match.

Also the game isnt about winning,u will rank up and get BP based on your performance in the game.

• Marcavecunc

Well, unless your game's bugged, but yeah it's only supposed to give you the tooltip against that killer the first time

• Megatome
    Megatome Member Posts: 34

'I'm more inclined to just DC'

Then DC.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

If survivors can blacklist a killer, can Killers blacklist survivors? Cause I'm pretty sure we'd never see Claudette again! (Not that we ever saw her in the first place..)