Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Why is there aim assist on basic attacks for killers on the xbox one? there' no way to turn it off..

It actually messes me up more often, then not. i feel the lock on aimbot when swinging and and the survivor basically gets a free 180.

Best Answer

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@BabyYODA1445

It's supposed to be, as the name implies, an aim assist for Killers to have when trying to do basic M1 attacks or lunges at the Survivor.

I believe it's primarily implemented to help "noob" Killers out with the game and give them some support on basic M1 attacks and lunges, but for veteran players it usually makes you lock on-to the Survivor and hit a wall instead if they go into say... a room nearby. I can't say this hasn't happened to me before as well, but it makes sense that it exists for Killers that could use the help mid-chase or just in-general for newer players.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

But then you should be able to deactivate it, when playing legion it just screws me over, specially when im on FF

• BabyYODA1445
    BabyYODA1445 Member Posts: 7

Bruh! I wish you could toggle it tho. It's so frustrating when you sneak up on folks with ole ghost face and go to wack and either swing for air or smack a gen bc the lock on pulls you towards who ever runs which way. The only time it's needed is when survivors vault. I have to lunge 99% of time to actually get a hit plus anyone 2 ft from me always gets away because you can 180 so easily. Its like tryna M1 with the chainsaw. Pain in the arse!

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Yeah, I understand how you feel since, as I said, I also had this issue happen to me a few times in the past.

Maybe in the future the option can be toggled off and on, but right now it's integrated into the system as a whole, so that's unfortunately something we just have to deal with.