We're Gonna Live Forever changes?

So killers have BBQ, a pretty useful perk with the nice bonus of extra bloodpoint gains. It's pretty nice, but survivors have We're Gonna Live Forever, which does absolutely nothing except give you bloodpoints. I personally think it's a little bit unfair that if survivors want the same bloodpoint gains killers get, they have to essentially waste an important perk slot for it. What if we took the bloodpoint effect, threw it on Mettle of Man and reworked Live Forever into a different perk? Or maybe even combine it with We'll Make It so it at least has a gameplay-affecting effect? I pretty much exclusively play survivor since I wanna play with my friends, and it kinda sucks that it's a tough grind for bloodpoints since We're Gonna Live Forever is useless.

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,105

combine it with We'll Make It and it will be decent.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Welcome to the forums! :)

Hate to disappoint you, but this has been suggested forever. In fact I'd guess the entire community agrees WGLF needs literally any in-game effect. But alas, it has never been addressed. In fact, it used to give up to 200% bonus BP back in the day instead of the current 100%.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250

I think WGLF needs an in game effect too but I don't agree with making it like MoM, that would just make it even more dificult then it already is to gain tokens. It also bother me how survivors have to go out of their way to get stacks with WGLF but with BBQ killers can gain stacks natrually by just hooking survivors.

I think both the unhooking and unhooked survivor should get a 7% haste for a few seconds.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Especially since protection hits don't give stacks like they're supposed to, at least not on console.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

They should let you get stacks from healing people too. That way you aren't forced to hook bomb just to get extra points.

• Dryhigh
    Dryhigh Member Posts: 116

The idea that Unhooking is going out of your way? And that killers hooking is natural?

• tylerlogsdon1
    tylerlogsdon1 Member Posts: 158
    edited December 2019

We're gonna live forever - Unhooking a survivor outside of the killer's terror radius resets all exhaustion cooldowns active on you. WGLF can only be triggered once every 60/50/40 seconds. Would compliment dead hard as well.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

BBQ&C gives stacks based on a secondary objective aka hooking. WGLF gives stacks for the unhooking of that same secondary objective plus protection hits.

Honestly BBQ is good for newer players not for people who already know what to do. BBQ&C is a poor man's Thrilling Tremors.

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

Well apart from never seeing BBQ actually be helpful, I say it's pretty much the same, perhaps you wish an equally useless perk for the BP? I say this on both killer and survivor ends, every hook with it, no one comes up and that doesn't mean much other than they are in a set range but that's it, not even a decent range for it to make a difference in finding and losing, and on survivor end, lol BBQ still not found me or caused the result of my demise, maybe you like the same but from gens? But you have a perk for that, maybe after a totem?

• DonniKubbitz
    DonniKubbitz Member Posts: 12

The perk description states it does something different other than BP's for only safe unhooks. This is inaccurate, it only works for unhooks NOT, "Protection Hits" like the perk explains. So, aside from being ONLY a BP boost, the description is inaccurate.

I have definitely seen impressive gains from this but it really changes the game quite a bit for me to get those changes which are BP's only.

"Each time you perform a Safe Hook Rescue or take a Protection Hit for a Survivor, gain a stack-able 25 % Bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100 %."

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,068

I dont know what you are trying to say, but WAGLF works perfectly fine with Protection Hits. When you get a Protection Hit, you gain a Stack.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

BBQ was introduced as an incentive for the killer to leave the hook and not camp. An incentive to prioritize hooking a new survivor over tunneling. It gives the killer bonus bp for making the game more enjoyable for survivors.

Following the same logic, if we want to give WGLF an additional effect, it should be something that encourages survivors to play in a more enjoyable way for killers. Any ideas?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Killers need survivors doing something other than the objective. So how about even more bonus points for cleansing totems?

• DonniKubbitz

Not for me. I have gotten many protection hits and it does not stack. I've seen it in many matches as well. It could definitely have been something wonky going on in the connection or something that day but others have stated the same. I took 5 PH's just before I was finished with that session, only stacks were on safe unhooks.

What I was trying to say was the only thing that stacked was safe unhooks. Perk states that PH's are stackable as well but they weren't for me.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

Don't know what you're doing wrong but WGLF definitely does proc on protection hits. For example, if you get hit while unhooking, you get a stack, and then potentially a second stack for the safe unhook. If you take a hit while the killer is carrying a survivor, you get a stack. You can even get a stack for flashlight saves.

However there is a small delay after a protection hit before the next one will count as such.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    edited January 2020

It already does that. It encourages overly altruistic behavior instead of doing the objectives and the use of a perk slot for something that has no survival-increasing effect, all of which benefit the killer.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Really? From a killer's perspective, it wouldn't bother me if the survivors decided to let their teammate die on the first hook. Let's be real: By unhooking your teammates and not letting them die, you are usually increasing the survival chances of the team.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

What if that perk showed killers aura for 4 seconds to unhooked guy and you after an unhook if the killer is within 32m range? That would help with not running straight to the killer right after unhook and doesn't really give a big advantage.

OFC it doesn't work against undetectable.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    edited January 2020

Yeah I always thought it was weird that it did literally nothing other than the bloodpoints bonus. It can be a bit of a waste perk slot.

That.

We're Gonna Live Forever could be used like Survivor's Reverse Barbecue.. unhook, see the killer's aura. Simple as that.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

Unhook, see the killer aura.

EZ S-tier perk on par with BBQ.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

They should combine it with Kindred. That way you'd also discourage bad saves when the killer is nearby camping without having to use another perk slot.

Also I've caught many a survivor with BBQ + Chilli.

• Jenkinsu
    Jenkinsu Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2020
  • DonniKubbitz

I've had multiple claiming it works properly on PC but it does not for me. I have seen others make the same statement regarding it not working on pc but I have also been told it works perfectly fine for others on pc.

If it works for PH's as well as SU's then it's not too much of an influence on the game play style since they cap at 100% (4 stacks). If PH's don't work then you will see multiple survivors swarming to a hook for the uinhook which I have seen over and over again. I know there are challenges for unhooks as well through Rift and I think maybe through daily's which absolutely changes the way the game gets played.

• DonniKubbitz

I think your statement comes down to what each survivor player considers a "Win". I know many killers perspective of a win is all over the place.

As a surv my main priority is to have fun. If I don't escape and it's a 4K that's fine with me if I make 20K, or more, points. Escaping is quite low on the list for what I consider a "Win". Killers prerequisites, per killer, for a win are massive and expansive.

I care nothing about rank so pipping/double pipping means absolutely nothing to me. 7500 BP's DOES mean something. It's almost always a waste of time to me. Almost always.

• YourFather
    YourFather Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2020

I have an idea.

When u use We're gonna live forever perk and u unhook a survivor while you are outside the killers terror radius. The killer will scream in anger, and reveal the location he standed on for 2 seconds.

Meaning it will work against the undetectable status effect as well

And u will gain a stackable 25%-100% bonus bloodpoints for each unhooked survivor.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Even if it works properly on PC, it doesn't on PS4. I can't speak for Xbox. Call me old fashioned, but I feel like perks should work for everyone, regardless of platform.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Protection hits work for me on Switch. They're a little finicky though. I've often unhooked a survivor, taken a protection hit, got a point in WGLF, then 10 seconds later got a second point for the safe unhook. Can't speak for other platforms though.