The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you consider ECG hook camping to be toxic?

Gates are open and one survivor hooked, rest of team fully healed.

A lot of killers don't consider it camping and to them camping is staying on hooked survivor on their first hook until they die during early game.

thoughts?

Comments

• Nickeleye
    Nickeleye Member Posts: 278

No....Its a necessity unfortunately in your scenario. The only play at that time is to try and use their altruism against them. Hopefully turn that camp into a 2K . That's what I would do anyway.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

No. What else are you supposed to do? Go watch the Survivors tbag at the gate?

• LordCyphre
    LordCyphre Member Posts: 195

What else is a killer supposed to do?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

No.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

What do you want me to do? Let the Survivor get to the gate and t-bag me after nicely letting them leave? God forbid I do something a Survivor doesn't like.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

If you don't have a means of downing another survivor than no it is not toxic. If it was a killer with a chainsaw I would call it toxic because they have a way to down another survivor. If you were old nurse I would also call it toxic cause you could catch them before they get to the exit if you were good. Now, with the cd for blinks, I'm not so sure.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

No. As much as it can suck if you're the one on the hook, there is literally no reason for the killer to leave

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

No. Sux for the survivor but at the point it may be the difference between the killer getting a safety pip or not. Plus a well organized team can still get him out if it is not an insta down killer.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

Only making this post because I've seen many survivors complain about it both as killer and me being a survivor on the same team as them. Just wanted to see if it is actually considered toxic/nooby by the game's community.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Nope. If they don't, someone can easily unhook them and run right out the gates, taking a hit a long the way just to be safe. I would never expect someone to give up a kill like that.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Nothing wrong with camping/tunnelling in endgame imo, it's not like there are gens left to worry about. Sensible survivors usually understand this, others will see no meaningful difference between that and proxy camping followed by green mori with 5 gens left.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

To be fair, i dont consider camping toxic at anypoint really. Unfun? Yes. But with the amount of times survivors throw themselves at the killer to get the unhook, sometimes camping is just a great strategy

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I see it too, I'm not just gonna let someone escape, that's #########.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

No.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Not at all, it's just a last try for a kill, totally understandable

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

My favorite post-game comments are from a Survivor who died during endgame to camping saying "You shouldn't camp during the endgame because then you don't improve as a player." Yep, you're totally being sincere and not just poorly trying to cover up being salty. Somehow, they never seem to have a good answer to "What should I have done instead?"

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

No? I welcome the challenge 😈

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

Does anyone here noticed the op wrote "ECG" instead of "EGC"? :)

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Able to down a survivor and guarantee is another thing. If you go chainsaw sprinting at one, and another unhooks, and you miss, camping would have been a better move.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

No.

And it's also a challenge (2 x sacrifice in egc) in the new Tome part.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

the gates are open, what else do you do? you secure the one kill you got .... im sure you know this why would the killer leave. nothing toxic about it. honestly lol

• FrankSRfromIT
    FrankSRfromIT Member Posts: 59

Just so I didn't come across as toxic, I have been leaving the hooked survivor and go chase other survivors at the exit, of course I get no one and all 4 escape (I am not very good, haha). I may need to start camping during end game, because you are right, there is nothing else to do but watch them leave.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

There is no reason for the Killer to leave the hooked person, so I don't consider it toxic. I don't do it myself, but that's a personal choice. If there were some other reason for them to move away from the hook, another downed Survivor or NOED is active and they feel they can manage another down, then sure, it'd be pretty trash, but when it's EGC time Survivors need to get out the gate ASAP unless they feel they can make the rescure knowing the Killer will most likely be there too.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

Not toxic. Where is the killer supposed to go and what are they supposed to do?

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

No

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

Wait what? A Dev encouraging camping?

At that point if you did nothing all game and finally got a hook on End game like stated.

You deserve to lose if you chased someone then you'll get more kills

Plus they'll just rush hook with BT and DS so just accept the loss

It is extremely wrong to camp

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

Just hope as killer that you manage to place them on a hook far enough from the exit gates as that will be the only deterrence. If it is right next to gates. Forget it. It will be almost impossible to camp.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

No, the only reason the other survivors are still in the game is for the unhook. Where else is the killer meant to go? There are no gens to patrol.