New strat for D-Strike

Options
gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,532

Pair D-Strike with Inner Strength. If someone's trying to camp after you get unhooked, go into a locker (obvious sign of having d-strike). They have to either pick you up and eat the D-Strike or stop the chase and give you a free heal.

Win, Win either way

Comments

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    Options

kinda situational tho

• Cronk
    Cronk Member Posts: 283
    Options

Don't survivors actually have to do a totem to use that perk?

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

For a little extra add head on :P

• gatsby
    Options

Not really. As soon as you get unhooked run to a locker (you can ever do a fast locker and provide a distraction noise notification).

Quick free heal. Quick free d-strike to buy time for teammates. Or both.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265
    Options

Combine these 2 with Head On to get a safe deal. Otherwise he could still grab you even after you are completely healed. 

• gatsby
    Options

Not really. The killer doesn't know you have inner strength and the fear of head on will make them either open the locker right away or end the chase

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394
    Options

Already been a strat, you go in to locker with DS they either wait the time or pick you and getted stunned. Same strats with Head On and DS. Its how I usually get the "x" stun killers per match. Get focused, run to locker stun killer, loop till you need a pallet get pallet stun, repeat until you get downed or chase is over, then use DS if you get hooked and refocused after unhook or run to another locker. You will probably get facecamped after that tho.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

I've managed to use ds with deliverance and mettle of man it was beautiful

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265
    Options

A smart killer doesn't wait 60 seconds in front of a locker anyway. 

• gatsby
    Options

Plus it wouldn't matter because you could leave the locker since you can take a hit from the inner strength heal

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

I guess. I just take the DS and then down them again. It’s not like most survivors can typically get away a third time using DS. DS is great for EGC. Haven’t seen it be too useful for other survivors other than that.

• Reaper_xx
    Reaper_xx Member Posts: 173
    Options

Use DS then hop back in the locker. Then Head on them

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I've heard of an amazing counter to this strategy. It's kinda new, but I hear not tunneling completely negates it.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

It's better for me to eat that ds so you can't use it in the endgame for ez escape.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    Options

Thats me, jumping into a locker is like surv screams to me to tunnel them out of the game.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

It's not Inner that they're pairing it with. It's Head on. Pop into a locker, you go to grab them, Head On stun, pop back in, DS. Or DS, pop into a locker, Head On. It's rather infuriating.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    edited February 2020
    Options

Glad I play alot of Billy

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,545
    Options

I'll gladly take a ds to take down your health state that you just gained. And now you have 2 less perks.👍

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Wow, wait really?! So basically, all I have to do to avoid DS is down and hook 3 other people? And then I can safely get the guy with DS, because it disables after I do that?

Oh wait. No. It doesnt work like that. You get hit no matter what, just because you dared to touch that person again after less than 60 seconds. Doesnt matter that everyone else is downed/hooked/dead. Btw did you know that you can easily tunnel 3 people at the sane time? Or if you are lucky, even all 4?

It makes perfect sense, how dare killers complain about people with DS healing under hook/doing gens under hook/cleansing under hook/disarming traps/getting caught in traps/triggering traps/bodyblocking/######### anything because there are no conditions, DS works no matter what.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

I mean, you can not go for the unhooked person in the first place. And no, I am pretty sure that it does not happen that often that you really down someone else and then down the guy who just got unhooked. Many cases of DS activating are straight up tunneling.

And even if one of those stories like "I hooked two other people before and then got DSed" are true, then... Well, you dominate the game, apparently. You will be able to afford eating the Stun.

There is a German Fog Whisperer, who is well known for playing toxic and is tunneling a lot (and on the same way complaining a lot). He once mentioned that BT, DS and so on are way too powerful and blablubb. While they are 100% against people like him. No surprise here.

And regarding the DS/Inner Strength Scenario: Picking them up after those 8 seconds will put them back to Injured, wasting their Inner Strength. This is not that bad.

• Archimedes5000
    Options
    1. Yes, it happens often. While playing killers like Billy, Nurse, Bubba, Hag, Trapper, Myers, Huntress, Plague, Demogorgon or any killer while using Make Your Choice, you will often be in situations where you downed both the unhooker and the unhooked, because of instadowns, high mobility, traps or ranged attacks. Some of these killers can have multiple people on the ground and there is no reason why that one person shouldnt be one of them.
    2. Thats why DS shouldnt work here. Its supposed to be "anti tunneling" not "anti good player". If you say that "you can afford a stun" then you obviously dont play Killer. Imagine this: 3 people on hook, 1 with DS active. DS guy tries to unhook, but you grab him. You get DSed. DS guy unhooks, then the go and unhook the remaining 2. Now you are back to 0 hooks and now you have 3 DSes active. This is a borderline example, but this is not much different when there is 1 person on hook and 1 with DS. 5 second stun and an instan escape can completly break the game momentum, no matter how welk you are playing. So no, I CANT AFFORD GETTING STUNNED WHILE IM PLAYING WELL
    3. I agree that these people are toxic and shouldnt play like that. But DS punishes not only them, it punishes all good killers like explained above. Borrowed Time is an example of an "anti tunneling" perk done well. It does its job, but at the same time it does not punish the killer for playing well and NOT tunneling.
  • thrawn3054
    Options

If you don't tunnel you won't get hit with DS 9 times out of 10. Yes, there will be the odd time it happens. But it becomes mostly useless without tunneling.

• Archimedes5000
    edited February 2020
    Options

I just gave you many situations when it happens.

Doing gens, healing, cleansing, unhooking, starting chase, bodyblocking, getting caught in Bear Traps, disarming/sabotaging Bear Traps, triggering Phantasm Traps, using Object of Obsession, spamming vaults to to create auditory warnings, hiding in lockers, etc...

People with DS do these things all the time. Some of them more, some of them less often, but surviviors abuse the invicibility from the DS however they like.

If you dont see it then you certainly dont play Killer, and Im not sure if you even play survivior, because it happens all the time.

And these are all things that surviviors do, things like hooking 3 survs and getting hit by DS still happen even if surviviors dont abuse the perk themselves, game does it for them.

• thrawn3054
    Options

I literally just said that in most cases you can avoid it. Not all. Your list is correct. I personally do think DS needs tweaking. But still the majority of times I've seen someone hit by DS is because they decided to tunnel. I've personally been hit by it twice that I can recall. Both times were because they were trying the cheeky crap you mentioned above. DS didn't save them as all they did was annoy me.

• Archimedes5000
    edited February 2020
    Options

If by "avoiding" you mean either letting them go unharmed or slugging them for 60 seconds, then Id rather get DSed because it wastes me less time.

Thats why I said that DS needs to be changed and thats the reason why killers hate it.

I agree that it prevents tunneling, but the problem is that its not all it does.

If DS disabled when you are not tunneled (you did actions mentioned above or are the last survivior available) then I would agree to even buff DS, because it would be fine as long as it only countered tunneling.