The doctor needs a rework.

2»

Comments

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

He can't spam it. There's a 1.5 second cooldown after it completes.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

The reworks called : adapt , just because you personally don't like some aspects of the doctor doesn't mean he needs ANOTHER rework.

• aurum_exe
    aurum_exe Member Posts: 182

I just had a game where i got tunneled by a Doc and i got so many shock that i lost the count. The fact that he can use it once in a 1.5 seconds, doesn't mean that when you're in a chase he can't use it at least 10/15/20 times. All he did was shock me every 1.5 seconds. It's not spamming? Ok then but it's pretty close.

• McLightning

(There's a challenge to shock people in the Tome, so that's probably why).

• bigthiccy
    bigthiccy Member Posts: 9

I've been playing for over a year. I honestly preferred the old ruin because it was actually a threat. If my team encountered it we would usually spend a good chunk of time hunting it down instead of powering through tens. Now I can go a whole game and never even realize that ruin is in play

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175

I can dig it.

I should clarify that I didn't mean you in the specific sense, it was more of a general use.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

I think you're complaining because you're definition of doctor being is OP is probably that you can't completely lose him in a chase and he manages to down you. If you can waste his time (which you can) then he's not OP even if he does down you.

I don't know how your games went obviously but a lot of survivors call killers that down them OP eve nafter breaking several pallets and wasting time so much time for them

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Lmao fresh account too, makes me think this is a bait post.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Gez, that is ranking system in a nutshell: Rank 8 in 1 week, really does

• Neos
    Neos Member Posts: 9

*Complains about a killer being somewhat playable*

Doctor can still be looped. They finally gave a killer some kind of active counterplay, but it's counterable in and of itself.

They need to buff other killers or fix them, not nerf.

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222

shock should not stop you from the unhook mechanic,

• Lowercase_Symbols
    Lowercase_Symbols Member Posts: 18

Or you just need to git good at the game he literally just had his rework and went from low tier to mid tier.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2020

These are the people bhvr is balancing the game around.

Been here a week. already want killers things nerfed

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Bait 4/10

• Braydebeast
    Braydebeast Member Posts: 3

Ok I'm new here but I see a lot of people complaining about the mass amount of doctors and I don't see that many of them I mean sure more than before but that's to be expected considering his rework is the newest thing.

• findmeready88
    findmeready88 Member Posts: 7

I thought the doc was op as well, at first, but if you run calm spirit you start see how you can evade in other ways. It does take time and it is hard but it can be done. Its good blood points when you escape too.

The skill checks all over the screen are tough. I stare at the middle and use my peripheral to find it and react naturally to the sound.

I will say that after the recent changes I do play against him more then any other killer. But I think my rank has a lot to do with it. I can't seem to get past 11 lol.

• RngGenerator
    RngGenerator Member Posts: 25
    edited February 2020

This is the problem with people.They play for a week, a single week and they get to rank 8 by just doing gens and not knowing how to loop, avoid getting hit and mind games. The doctor doesn't need a rework, you just need more than a week of experience to learn how to play the game.

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

Fun goes both ways though. The killer shouldn't be reworked because you aren't having fun. He just got a rework and it made him a bit more viable.

You shouldn't have to completely change your build. Try calm spirit, 1 perk and it'll make a world of difference.

• Supr3_Angel
    Supr3_Angel Member Posts: 22

SIKE, you thought! my man of course he’s not getting a rework lol keep dreaming

• kazzymoyashi
    kazzymoyashi Member Posts: 127

The only change I would like to see is in regards to unhooking. It's quite frustrating when a doc proxy camps and regularly shocks by the person on the hook. if you're mid unhook, it forces you to stop and go right back to the beginning, which, if anything, logically, it would make you grip the survivor harder, not let go. Otherwise, I am not too concerned about pallets or windows and being forced to not vault or drop. The fact he has no delay between shocking and hitting means he can shock you to stop the unhook then either get a free hit or down you and the person is STILL on the hook and calm spirit doesn't solve that problem. The only solution is to leave the person who was unlucky to die on hook and go for gens, which isn't exactly fair.

• Mastergee
    Mastergee Member Posts: 6

Oh look another salty survivor. If you can't handle doc don't play.

• leyzyman
    leyzyman Member Posts: 355

Use dead hard to avoid his static blast. Simple and ez

• Braydebeast
    Braydebeast Member Posts: 3

No we shouldn't be discouraging them but if every killers power is based on a newbies power the higher ranks will destroy killers.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175

Calm spirit works pretty well, against him. I've been running it since they buffed it.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

Use whatever build you want, and stay out of his terror radius. If you're in it and cannot escape, then find a locker. Run Calm Spirit for a while until people's challenges are done.

I win 75% of my games against the new doctor in Red Ranks, all by playing "stay as far away from that heart beat as possible."

• McLightning

I'm not discouraging newbies. I'm encouraging them to learn instead of demanding nerfs to something they haven't even attempted to adapt to.

I stand by what I said. If a person has only been playing a week, they have zero valid opinion on reworks, what is and isn't overpowered etc.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited February 2020

Spirit, Nurse, Hag, Freddy, Plague, Huntress and maybe Billy

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

They're not belittling them, he's literally asking for a nerf because he does not know how to counter the doctor, the last thing we need is for them to start nerfing more killers because newbies don't know how to deal with them.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Doctor has a lot of bs going for him. The worst one is shocking at a vault. Its bs. Yeah you can sort of counter it by vaulting or pallet dropping early, doesn't mean it's not bullshit

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I'm a returning player,so my opinion might not weigh as heavy. I was just saying since my return,I've played about 40 ish matches at around the 15 rank as survivor and had yet to see a 4k...escaped at least 90 %...that changed just today,twice, against the doctor.

I'm not well versed enough to know exactly what's different or why that is. Funny thing is,he already killed two,I felt completely outmatched when I was being chased (mainly because the shock stun,and that increased terror radius thing) so got frustrated and just gave up and stood in front when he was hooking the third.

He knocked me down...and then carried me to the hatch and let me escape. So idk #########. Valid points I think, especially for a not so experienced player. I'm trying to get better though,so I'll take some of the tips others have given as well.

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259

We have sympathized with the OP, but he keeps saying that the doctor is OP/broken despite the advice given. Unfortunately this these are people the devs want to cater to which means finding ways to hold their hand at the expense of higher ranks. The last thing other survivors who play solo want is to be paired up with another survivor who doesn't want to adapt and DC the moment they get downed fast or figure out they are facing a killer they hate going up against.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

I am not hearing this.

• SaintsxSinners
    SaintsxSinners Member Posts: 52

Just keep complaining about him, eventually survivors will start DC'ing, he'll start "overperforming" and he'll get nerfed...I mean the bad survivors will DC...good survivors realize he had counterplay.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

I'm in agreement with the OP. The doctor does need a nerf. I've just played a match and we all got slaughtered. We couldn't save anyone. We couldn't go anywhere near anyone who was down. He didn't even have to touch a genny because all he did was leave people on floor bleeding out whilst another person was on the hook. They was that close to each other we had no chance.

Oh yeah, for the dev that posted on a different topic saying hide in a locker to avoid his attacks, yeah, tried that, he came cross map right to the basement I was in, right to the locker I was hiding in and killed me.

His power needs a nerf.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Well, if you face a lot of doctors then maybe consider using calm spirit over one of your overused meta perks? Just saying.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

i like the doc annoying sure cheap maybe but honestly fun also

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

LUL

• RoseyDevlin
    RoseyDevlin Member Posts: 34

A killer should not have the power to stop survivors from doing every game mehcanic there is, he can stop you from healing/unhooking/vaulting/pallets/gens let alone dealing with madness stages at the same time. I had full on toxic doctor killer who can use his blast every 3 seconds with perk which gives him more range for the blast. And perks for slower generator along with famous bbq and chili plus even bring ebony mori into the match to kill any person who was hooked once.

Whats the use of hiding in lockers when their all scattered with huge distances and cant use them when you actually need plus 80% doctors will check them because they will know your in the lockers if they can't spot you in their blast. Its so broken its ridiculous, its like having super buffed plague where there is no way to cure the sickness. But even with the plague, her sickness doesn't make doing gens any more difficult let alone all the other game mechanics while the doctor can do all of it, wheres the logic behind that? compare the plague with the doctor and its easy to see how broken doc abilities is since their both killers which rely heavy on their abilities. There needs to be something more other than just counter him by constant running or having calm spirit.

• TheBatJesus
    TheBatJesus Member Posts: 36