For god's sake fix hatch

Title says it all its beyond unbalanced. Why is it that regardless of whether or not killer finds it first survivors win
 Only way the killer wins hatch is when survivor os injured across the map with no idea where it is. Otherwise it's free especially with DS

Comments

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    It is dumb but it can be fair in some instances. For example I just had a game against a Freddy and we had a guy disconnect right at the start. So I had perfect connection in the lobby but when I'm the only Person left and the hatch is in sight in the basement shack all of the sudden Freddy gets an insane lunge and he is legit 5 feet away from
    me and I'm right next to the hatch and I can't crawl towards it. It may or may not be related to whether or not the hatch is fair in just ranting about some real convenient lag or a lag switcher denying me the hatch 

but yeah it is basically a free escape for survivors who don't deserve it but sometimes it's fair like when a guy disconnects at the start and the game gets 10x harder and you have a lag switcher 
  • Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

That's why you don't kill everyone, hatch is so ######### annoying

• jiminie
    jiminie Member Posts: 200

Free escape when survivors have to complete x amount of gens for the hatch to even spawn, sure

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

@jiminie said:
    Free escape when survivors have to complete x amount of gens for the hatch to even spawn, sure

Yes it's a free escape for that one Survivor who sat in the corners of the map doing literally nothing, waiting for everyone else to die so that they can get their precious 2000 extra bloodpoints that doesn't even buy them a common from the bloodweb.

• fakelove
    fakelove Member Posts: 82

@Judgement said:

@jiminie said:

Yes it's a free escape for that one Survivor who sat in the corners of the map doing literally nothing, waiting for everyone else to die so that they can get their precious 2000 extra bloodpoints that doesn't even buy them a common from the bloodweb.

You are both right to an extent, my suggestion is that they let killers Mori the last survivor if he's in the hatch radius, this way it's a matter of who finds it first

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited August 2018

@fakelove said:

@Judgement said:

@jiminie said:

You are both right to an extent, my suggestion is that they let killers Mori the last survivor if he's in the hatch radius, this way it's a matter of who finds it first

The Survivor is capable of jumping into the hatch while the Killer is wiping off their weapon. Being hit doesn't cancel actions that Survivors take, otherwise Survivors wouldn't be able to rescue from hooks after being struck, drop pallets, or vault windows.
    Within the hatch radius, either the Killer should have no cooldown on a successful hit, or the Survivor should be unable to enter when hit within its radius.
    Allow the Killer to interrupt hatch escapes when a dying Survivor jumps in as well.

Or we can simply have the hatch closing ability put back into the game and Survivors get the hell over it.
    But no of course, the devs only favour the majority so no ability to close the hatch will ever show up in the game despite them saying that it will.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Makes you want to go and slug people at the end of the game.

• Lordtobirama666
    Lordtobirama666 Member Posts: 14
    Why do all of the people that play this game as the killer complain so much just get better at the game 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

My only issue with the hatch is, that it should not open if anybody already escaped!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@bleep275 said:
    Title says it all its beyond unbalanced. Why is it that regardless of whether or not killer finds it first survivors win
     Only way the killer wins hatch is when survivor os injured across the map with no idea where it is. Otherwise it's free especially with DS

The whole game is beyond unbalanced in case you havent noticed yet :wink:

• jakeb_1993
    jakeb_1993 Member Posts: 50
    I dont really think there is an issue here. The killer can grab people going into the Hatch. 

If you really wanna try something, then try having the Hatch cast exposed within a 6 metre radius when the door is opened. But as I said before, I don't see it as an issue really
  • Wolf74

@jakeb_1993 said:
    I dont really think there is an issue here. The killer can grab people going into the Hatch. 

If you really wanna try something, then try having the Hatch cast exposed within a 6 metre radius when the door is opened. But as I said before, I don't see it as an issue really

The issue is that the killer can only wait for the grab, because if he swings for an injury, the survivor can escape during the cooldownanimation.
    That creates a dumb stand off that favors the survivor.
    And why do survivor have a safe net in case 3 people die?
    I don't see a safe net for killer, that give an immediate one shot plus mori after 3 already escaped?

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

if im the only one who did gens and saved some people, i think i dont deserve to die because my team was #########

• jakeb_1993
    Wolf74 said:

@jakeb_1993 said:

The issue is that the killer can only wait for the grab, because if he swings for an injury, the survivor can escape during the cooldownanimation.
    I don't see a safe net for killer, that give an immediate one shot plus mori after 3 already escaped?

The point of the Hatch is to e sure that there is always a valid way for a survivor to escape. You are just being salty cause you think you deserve 4K in every match.

The Hatch isn't a safety net it's a alterative option. Just like killers have the option to kill survivors if they want to with the right offerings/perks. 
  • Wolf74

@jakeb_1993 said:
    Wolf74 said:

@jakeb_1993 said:

The point of the Hatch is to e sure that there is always a valid way for a survivor to escape. You are just being salty cause you think you deserve 4K in every match.

The Hatch isn't a safety net it's a alterative option. Just like killers have the option to kill survivors if they want to with the right offerings/perks. 

Can you read?
    Like serious… please show me where I said something about 4Ks? especially every match.
    I talked about killer don't have a gamemechanic to give them the chance for a mercykilling in case 3 already escaped.

You logic is… flawed… maybe even downright stupid... because you try to compare a gamemechanic that is for free with killers ability to have offerings or perks to mori survivor, but they PAID for it, by spending the slot or the offering.
    Hatchmechanic is always there and the survivor do not have to invest anything into getting it.

Sorry, but your post is biased beyond believe.
    You want to tell me that I am a salty and entitled killer main but show off that you have either no clue about the game or are promoting unbalance in favor of survivor just on purpose.

• jakeb_1993
    Wolf74 said:

@jakeb_1993 said:
    Wolf74 said:

@jakeb_1993 said:

Can you read?
    Like serious… please show me where I said something about 4Ks? especially every match.
    I talked about killer don't have a gamemechanic to give them the chance for a mercykilling in case 3 already escaped.

You logic is… flawed… maybe even downright stupid... because you try to compare a gamemechanic that is for free with killers ability to have offerings or perks to mori survivor, but they PAID for it, by spending the slot or the offering.
    Hatchmechanic is always there and the survivor do not have to invest anything into getting it.

You want to tell me that I am a salty and entitled killer main but show off that you have either no clue about the game or are promoting unbalance in favor of survivor just on purpose.

But the Hatch isn't free???

You have to have at least 2 gens online for it to appear in the first place. So survivors have to work for it to some degree. It's not some freebie. And killers don't need any more buffs. For survivors it's all about escaping anyway you can. 
  • MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

@Wolf74 said:
    My only issue with the hatch is, that it should not open if anybody already escaped!

Agree!

I think the hatch should be made available to the last survivor REGARDLESS of how many generators the players have completed BUT It is only open a percentage based on the amount of generators done. 5 Generators left, its going to take you nearly as much as time to open it as fixing a full generator. All but 1 generator done, it opens pretty quickly. If you don't have at least 1 generator done, its not open at all, and thus doesn't even make the wooshing noise.

• Wolf74

@jakeb_1993 said:
    Wolf74 said:

@jakeb_1993 said:

Wolf74 said:

@jakeb_1993 said:

Can you read?

But the Hatch isn't free???

You have to have at least 2 gens online for it to appear in the first place. So survivors have to work for it to some degree. It's not some freebie. And killers don't need any more buffs. For survivors it's all about escaping anyway you can. 

Are you kidding me?
    Of course it is "free". Survivor do not have to use a perk or an offering to get the hatch. But you compared it to a killers MORI or Devour Hope.
    The killer needs to spent a perk slot in advance AND has to work for it in the match, or he needs to use a rare offering and still has to hook the victim.
    So you are comparing apples and oranges.
    And if you think that killer do not need any buffs, you should start playing the real game and not play like Dev.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    How about they just PUT IN THE ALREADY DONE hatch closing mechanic and have it complete a gen or something.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited August 2018

Nah, I need my free escape option. I'm too bad to survive without it and I refuse to get good.

• Wolf74

@thekiller490490 said:
    How about they just PUT IN THE ALREADY DONE hatch closing mechanic and have it complete a gen or something.

I don't think that that is the real solution.
    As a solo survivor player that is always stuck in low ranks (just because I am a killer main and I never play survivor enough to truely rank up), I use the hatch A LOT., since most low rank teammates die and play cocky anyway.
    I play stealthy and try not to get caught in the first place.

As a killer I take a 3k any day, but why is there the option for a cocky survivor to troll me,because his buddies already left the map and he is looking for the greedy extra 2k points for taking the hatch??

• AlexisFox
    AlexisFox Member Posts: 127

Oh noes!!! Hatch so OP!!! It cucked a 4 kill so killer LOST THE ENTIRE MATCH OVER A SINGLE SURVIVOR ESCAPING!!!! Cry harder why don't you? So 1 person managed to get out the hatch, you still killed 3 other survivors meaning you did better than the ideal match the game is supposed to be balanced around of 2 kills. Why are y'all so bent on the idea of 4 kill or bust? (rhetorical question)

• Wolf74
    edited August 2018

@NuriFox said:
    Oh noes!!! Hatch so OP!!! It cucked a 4 kill so killer LOST THE ENTIRE MATCH OVER A SINGLE SURVIVOR ESCAPING!!!! Cry harder why don't you? So 1 person managed to get out the hatch, you still killed 3 other survivors meaning you did better than the ideal match the game is supposed to be balanced around of 2 kills. Why are y'all so bent on the idea of 4 kill or bust? (rhetorical question)

Have you bothered reading anything beside the opening post?

Why do survivor have a safety net get away from a 4 kill, but killer do not have a safety mechanic to get at least one kill in case 3 already escaped?

And why does the hatch open if other survivor already escaped?

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

Either make the minimum gens 3 for the hatch to open, or (preferably) change it back so that the killer kick it shut and trigger the exit gates power.