You ruined this game

Options
124»

Comments

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    edited February 2020
    Options

@Danielgdp3 Not all "Red" ranks are good players, you can't say that you did 4k being in the green range and faced red ranks ... because possibly those red ranks are very bad players and don't last in chase for more than 35-45 seconds, you have to see the factors of the games and not have the ego through the clouds, you have to analyze the games, because I usually do 4k games too, but ... I can tell you that they are very bad, but the thing changes when you You find 2 players who know about the game and know how to run from the killer, the movie changes. From what I mean, that image does not show and says nothing.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

This is it unless the newest killer is going to have a ruin equivalent which is unlikely since they aren't touching gen speed and in the future are going to nerf gen slowdown synergy for example thana and dying light

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options
  • korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    Options

Wraith and trapper are 2 of the most underpowered killers in the game. I don't think you are going to find an audience for nerfing them. You could easily find an audience for buffing them since they are legacy killers in need of an update.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Do I really need to explain to you why telling your opposition "you don't have to go for victory" is an oblivious statement?

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Speak for yourself, on the west coast when the sun falls, the true killers come out. Granted, I have been experiencing an uptick in potatoes at rank 3-2, I was playing Billy last night and these fools were literally trying to hide in front of me with my chainsaw rev'd in a pile of pussywillows... LIKE I LITERALLY TURNED MY CAMERA AT YOU, WHY ARE YOU STILL STANDING HERE?

It's survivors like this making it into red ranks that just really offset any kind of balance. Honestly, ######### the emblems, we should go back to balancing around kills because that's a tangible metric that doesn't overcomplicate the sauce, even if it sucked for killers piping.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428
    Options

How does one become "self pretentious"? Do you even know what pretentious means or are you just using a big word you heard on TV once in an attempt to sound intelligent?

Pretentious means acting like you're better than someone else. Like what you're attempting and failing to do with your post. Please don't use words you don't understand. It's very transparent.

On topic: Most killers relied heavily on ruin and/or NOED. Without ruin, they have no idea what to do against survivors that aren't potatoes. Many of these killers have now swapped to survivor to join the potato farm and the remaining killers still get easy wins more often than not.

In my killer games, (I hover around rank 4-5 because I don't play killer without a ritual or challenge) I rarely have more than a hatch escape. Having a game with a full team of good survivors is insanely rare. Didn't have all five gens get done against me once in the last few days.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 345
    Options

"Who cares what anybody else thinks right?"

Bruh like 6 different people have come up to show you how damn delusional and bad at the game you are and you ain't listening I think it's you who doesn't know what people think.

Jesus christ so sad how this game has come to the ######### state it's in because of people like you.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452
    Options

Damn my big ego in those clouds blocking my view to see things clearly

• Danielgdp3
    Options

Can you please show me something that shows a Dev saying 'we made this map this big because you can use ruin'.

Also want help early game run Corrupt Intervention I'm sure that might help you

• Krystress
    Krystress Member Posts: 52
    Options

Wow, 80%, so far off. It was just an estimate but funny how you focused mainly on that than an actual argument.

• korean_zombie
    Options

You could run object of obsession if killer auras are important to you. They are direct counters to trapper and stealth killers.

• Danielgdp3
    Options

Object doesn't work on stealth killers if they are in their undetectable mode

• korean_zombie
    Options

i didn’t realize that. I guess you can stick with spine chill or premonition if you need the direction of the killer. I started with premonition, graduated to spine chill, then dropped both of them. I feel like they are good perks early on and can be replaced with game sense later.

• Danielgdp3
    edited February 2020
    Options

Yeah I think premonition isn't necessary as you get better but Spine Chill is still a great perk no matter what rank since it guarantees no chance of a surprise.

• korean_zombie
    Options

theres a valid argument for running spine chill at any level of play. I go a little more tryhard with DH,DS,Unbreakable,BT. I will also run iron will usually dropping DS.

• Danielgdp3
    Options

Yeah I'm a weird one, I usually use Spine Chill, Iron Will, Calm Spirit and Inner Strength but I'm the furthest thing from a stealth player

• korean_zombie
    Options

The one perk I really NEED is dead hard. It directly prevents a down in most chases. If I can’t DH for distance, then I had no chance to begin with.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

Wait... 3 months in the game and already red ranks? gez didn't renembered how ez was to rank up

ah and also

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

This post is the definition of #########: 3 month player on red ranks, people saying ruin was the killer itself, an guy saying that wraith is OP at the same time saying that others are bad, animal crossing

this is dead by daylight's forum's at his best

• Danielgdp3
    Options

It's got all the ingredients to make a nice apple pie

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    Options

I hope the same at this point, the Devs won't be able to save DBD with them having a monopoly. Last Year needs to succeed as it would be a direct competitor to DBD, which would cause the Devs to actually put effort and try making the game balanced for once, and add new game modes.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

Read the title and just imagined it being read in the same way Arrow says "You have failed this city". Completely off topic, but worth a cheap laugh.

• CrescentGent
    CrescentGent Member Posts: 60
    Options

Oh sorry English teacher, I'll try better next time. Of course I know what pretentious means or I wouldn't of used it, my point still stands in that survivor mains feel like they are better than everyone else by BMing in end chat, teabagging after dropping a pallet and flashlight clicking throughout the game.

Don't assume I'm stupid and please for the love of God, don't correct people's grammar, you haven't done it here but you're definitely one of those people. Never assume 🙂

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I personally think Ruin was way too strong for newer survivors and pretty useless against good ones, and it was probably very different on console vs pc. I can count on one had the amount of games where Ruin was active the entire game and everyone made it out, and I have more than 1,000 hours in this game on console. As a survivor main who always runs Small Game, Ruin was useless against me. So was NOED. It actually might make NOED stronger now since people are even less likely to cleanse all the totems.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428
    Options

Using a word incorrectly annoys the piss out of me. Every time I see someone here say "the point is mute" I want to beat my head into a wall. The word is moot. Moot. Not mute. This isn't about grammar so much as it is making you look ignorant while attempting to appear intelligent. You come off the exact opposite of how you think.

Also, I run into far more BMing killers than survivors. Nodding, shaking their heads, spamming attacks on the hooked survivor, etc. Hell a Ghostface the other day cost himself the fourth kill because once he finally downed me at one gen left he just kept hitting me on the hook, giving the last survivor just enough time to beat him to the hatch.

BMing is dumb for both sides. Getting triggered by it is even dumber. They're giving you free time instead of doing something useful. Laugh at their stupidity and move on

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Calm spirit also helps with clown gas and iron maiden. So it's not exclusive to JUST doctor.

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364
    Options

I just fail to see where there are bad manners on the survivor side of things 😂 Oh what, they’re tea bagging you on their way out of the exit gates? Do not let me hear thats a complaint because you can chase them out. Oh they’re pallet looping you and not running in a straight line? Killers are faster Than survivors in this game (what a crutch - it’s not like they don’t have the ability to catch survivors off guard by... well.. teleporting around the map... being invisible... catching them in traps... nah they need more because, after all... there are a WHOPPING 4 survivors on the map that have 5 NOISY LENGTHY generators to do 😂) Jesus Christ, if anybody should be whining about this game it should be survivors. They gotta put up with a lot more. Because... the killer has complete control over the time spent in the game. He or she can drop the game wasting offerings and possibly items/add ons by leaving after 5 minutes. He or she can watch you bleed out on the floor. He or she can hook camp and watch survivors walk out with 5K bloodpoints while killers reap in the points. I REALLY, REALLY don’t want to hear about people playing killers say “I was denied my 4th kill” .... pshh... and that’s not enough to say that killers aren’t feeling privileged or feeling entitled to killing all 4 survivors often right? If this game didn’t have a hatch, which, can still be stomped on by the killer, then I’d never play this game again. Because, why play something that’s SO reliant on the other 3 guys doing their part and taking out enough gens to make escaping possible? You’re telling me I need a full squad of 4 EVERY time I play your game? Nah I’m good. I want to survive. Killer should be satisfied with 0,1,2,3 or 4 kills because it’s fun to chase, fun to get a kill here and there. Not to slay whole teams. I understand you’re outnumbered a whopping 3 more people, but remember, they can’t fight back... I don’t believe it’s enough people to make killers as strong or fast as they are. They don’t need a million abilities that surpass those of Jason’s from Friday the 13th when he has 7 survivors to worry about (possibly 8 because of Tommy Jarvis’ arrival)

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

Not to mention, those 7/8 can fight back 😂

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

So GET OUTTAAAA Here with any killer complaints that you have. It’s absolute nonsense. Complaining About decisive strike because you were camping this guys hook and grabbed the same guy. Just play the game of hide and seek someone else that you forget to simply protect your gens even if it means not killing them. But.. nah. You gotta have your kill right? Gotta stare at that person on the hook until he quits or dies right? Psshhh.. what a pathetic way to play as a killer and frankly should be penalized for that kind of behavior.

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

You’re lucky you can’t be stunned via more methods than what are already in the game.

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

pallets are a great concept. But windows favor the killer 😂

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

Windows favor the killer in the sense that they can still hit you once your on the other side of that window without them having to vault through. Plus it does slow you down a tad going through it. So if the killers right on your tail it’s game over. Lockers are too obvious. The game needs more hiding places 😂

• iOverSpray
    iOverSpray Member Posts: 92
    Options

Lol every games a slugging oni, bubba or billy including me being killer. Devs have to see this right? Its beyond awful trying to enjoy this game. I again want to continue to play but damn, when the new res game comes out, if some thing doesn't change I'm gone.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194
    Options

What you say happens very rarely, and if you balance the game around that situation, you're gonna ruin it for a lot of people. Also, if that happens, doesn't mean you will lose the match. You can recover from that situation. I win most of my matches whitout ruin with every killer, except the weaker ones, so i think the game is somewhat fine on that aspect. (I LOVE Scott's idea about the early game, maybe they could implement it)

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2020
    Options

Yet they balance a game around newer people and that doesnt ruin the game?

Also if your using a non meta killer and the survivors have brains 3 gens popping is actually quite common. Assuming they each picked theyre own gen and they can loop.

• iOverSpray
    iOverSpray Member Posts: 92
    Options

So by yours and the devs logic, 3 gens are common to pop early. Why is there a need to do 5 if 3 are free?? Makes 0 sense.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194
    Options

Assuming that you are assuming that you are vsing a team of very good survivors, and it's absolutely normal that they beat you if you aren't good, or if you are using a low tier killer. But, again, that happens very rarely