Playing survivor is more broken than ever

2»

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

How delusional do you all have to be to promote stats that the devs themselves told you lot too ignore.

No wonder this game has turned to #########...

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428

They did not say to ignore them. They said they aren't perfect. There are numerous factors that go into them. However, you still cannot deny that even if you ignore games with DC's, killers get more kills than they don't. Regardless of reasoning, that is a fact. Even with matchmaking as FUBAR as it's been for like half a year, it's a fact. Period.

That's a damning indictment on the state of the game. If you add DC's in, it gets significantly worse for survivors. Killers are the winners. Period. The discussion needs to be on how to fix that... We'll have to wait and see how the ruin nerf has affected it.

• Hsizzle
    Hsizzle Member Posts: 74

nice bait :)

• Mc_Harty

The devs said to not make any arguments on these stats.

That's not a fact but a biased observation from your perspective. Know what a fact is? Matchmaking takes far longer for survivor than it does for killer.

However I'm not the one delusional enough to draw conclusions from it.

• Feyd

That's entirely because of swf matchmaking changes. Go queue as a rank 20 killer and see how fast you get a game. Because every single swf is now paired based on the highest rank, all the redranked killers are being gobbled up.

Combine that with a bunch of terrible killers that never learned to play without ruin and jumped ship for what they believe is the "easier" side... Pretty obvious why queue times are the way they are.

I put in over a dozen of hours a week. Survivors die more than they escape. From both my killer and survivor perspective and experience as rank 2 survivor and 4 killer currently.

• Mc_Harty

Did you ever play killer before the matchmaking changes? At all?

Because I refuse to believe someone with dozens of hours not understanding you can't draw conclusions from your own matches to determine whats balanced.

• Feyd

Yes, I have. I use the same name on steam, you can feel free to look up my achievements for rank 1 on both killer and survivor. They are both more than a year old and I started playing in October 2018.

So... You're saying my experience is irrelevant. The hard, proven facts of the released statistics showing that more people die than live is irrelevant. So... What? Are you the sole arbiter of truth then? Is your subjective interpretation of reality the only real one? Or just the ones that happen to agree with you because they're biased killers that just want to 4k every game?

You reject reality and substitute your own. Talking to you is pointless then. Good day, sir.

• Mc_Harty

The hard, proven facts of the released statistics showing that more people die than live is irrelevant.

YES BECAUSE THE DEVS SAID TO NOT TRUST THEM.

Why am I the only one that understands this?!

You can't draw conclusions from your own game, to claim one side is OP when you ignore the context behind them. We know the matchmaking is ######### and ranking up is too easy so why should we trust high rank game play anymore since any potato can ruin the statistics?

• Feyd

But survivors should be nerfed without anything to back up that statement other than a handful of killers that still get more kills than escapes but whine loudly. Okay.

• Mc_Harty

"Don't draw conclusions from these stats."

Proceeds to draw conclusions from the stats.

My ######### god.

• Mc_Harty

Right because It's unreasonable for survivors to potentially finish 5 gens in under 4 mins.

Sorry I forget who i was dealing with.

• Feyd

Just as unreasonable for a killer to get all 4 down and hooked in less than two minutes. Sometimes the game goes fast. Whether you messed up, got outplayed, or crushed your opposition, sometimes the game ends rapidly. If you have that problem every game, the fault is *YOU*, because it doesn't happen to everyone.

• Mc_Harty

Who the hell said they wanted to win as killer in less than 2 minutes?

What kind off ass-pull is that?

• Feyd

Point is.. they can. As long as they can, the survivors deserve that same chance. How is this hard to grasp?

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

2nd Chance by definition as some people don't know the definition

an opportunity to try something again after failing one time

I could have fired him, but I gave him a second chance.

Noed,spirit fury are the only true 2nd chances as they they require you to fail.

You have to hook to get blood warden.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

You say that as if I have a hidden agenda. The game should be balanced around the best players, not potatos. Also, SWF is not the only problem: competent solos also show the imbalance.

• Feyd

You balance exclusively around the absolute highest potential, then that's all you have and your game dies.

I have multiple friends that refuse to play this game anymore because of all the cheap tactics available to killers. Instadowns, moris, camping, tunneling, etc.

They never even got the chance to put in the time to 'git gud' because they were so frustrated so many days in a row that they stopped playing. No DLC money, no cosmetics, no revenue, no game.

This game cannot be exclusively balanced around the cream of the crop. Note: exclusively. Toolboxes need to not affect gen times. Prove thyself could stand a complete rework. You can tweak the outlying problems without ruining the games for the average player.

But those changes can't be made in a vacuum. You have to remove some of the broken behaviors and items that make the game unbearable or you won't have a game.

Ruin was extremely obnoxious at worst, a mild annoyance at best. The game is healthier without it. Now we need to tweak NOED, camping, tunneling, oneshot add-ons, moris, etc. Or this game will never retain anyone.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

With matchmaking right now, the entire game is broken. Nothing can be balanced properly until matchmaking is fixed.

They even say here https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124795/status-update-matchmaking-changes what many players have been saying for a long time:

"we’ve concluded that rank does not directly correlate to skill"

So even when matchmaking was working better, ranking wasn't. That makes most of the stats meaningless, because a match will be unbalanced from the start if players of unequal skill are going up against one another.

• Feyd

Which is a fair point and typically works in the killer's favor. Since out of the four survivors, you only need one or two to be bad for the game to go to crap.

• woundcowboy

This is a false argument that people always echo. Pretty much any game you can think of is balanced around the top players. Fighting games like Mortal Kombat stick to this philosophy (and far outsell DBD) and casuals like the game just fine. Balancing around top players in this game would mean things like nerfing DS and dead hard, which would only affect people who are good at the game. Mr rank 15 that plays with his friends is not going to die more because some perks are nerfed; they are going to die most of the time regardless.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

Even BHVR said to take those stats with a grain of salt because many things were not taken into account. So stop using them as backing for an argument.

• Feyd

This is not those games. This is an asymmetrical, casual game. There are no tournaments. There are no professionals. The game is inherently imbalanced by design.

The entire design should be towards making the game as fun and enjoyable for both sides as much as possible. There are some outlier things that, when stacked, can allow survivors to pump gens out rapidly. Fix those and then we can start working to take away the things that make the game unfun.

If we remove the reason DS exists, we can get rid of DS. Make it so that camping a hook or tunneling off the hook is severely punished. Remove the hook timer. If a killer camps now, he will 100% lose the game for that one kill.

Remove NOED. It is a poorly designed perk that rewards trash killers with a free kill or two in the endgame. It's unhealthy for the game.

There are plenty of tweaks that can be done to remove those outlying, problematic abilities. Notice how no one complains about Devour Hope or Cypress Moris? Cypress should be baseline. I'd go so far as to make ebony baseline but make it only usable if you're dead on hook. So on and so on.

However, it's all based on balancing to make a fun, relaxed party game and not pretending this is League of Legends or StarCraft.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140
    edited February 2020

Yes, that is true, one or two bad survivors and the entire team falls. To those survivors, killers seem OP.

There are also a lot of inexperienced killers being put up against skilled survivors, leaving those killers feeling helpless. To those killers, survivors seem OP.

Trying to achieve balance under these conditions is impossible. Until matchmaking is fixed, both sides are getting screwed.

• woundcowboy

I only used MK as an example: it applies to pretty much any game that is pvp. It doesn’t make sense that DBD should, in your view, be the only game not balanced around skilled players.

• Feyd
    edited February 2020

Pretty sure I never made the claim that it is or should be the "only" game not balanced around the max potential. I am merely pointing out that the "max potential" does not effect the average game. Most people aren't running toolboxes, BNP's or not. Most aren't running prove thyself. Most can't run a killer more than 10-20 seconds.

If you balance around those that can run a killer all game, the average player WILL QUIT out of frustration. I have two.. no wait, four that have. My spouse can't get past rank 16, and as a result, doesn't play much.

This game has problems. Severe problems. Gen times are not one of them. The super powerful, outlier abilities and severe amount of RNG are.

You need to fix matchmaking first and foremost so that those that can stop killing those that can't. Then every rank needs balance in not just the Masters. If you don't, the game will die.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

Maps in favor of the killer ... hmmmm ..... how many? 3? and the survs? twenty? KEKW

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

Saying "take them with a grain of salt" is synonymous with them being "inconclusive".

One of the things they even said was not taken into account were DC's, which have been a HUGE, widespread issue for the games entire life span. That right there invalidates them as a backing for an argument.

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416

3 of the perks you listed require a hook there is nothing requires more effort

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

A lot of your perk list are not second chance perks. Second chance perks are generally passive abilities that require no additional effort.

Also addons are not second chance perks or even second chances.

Everything your suggesting is almost always from making the killer do something progressive towards survivors. Which is the opposite of a second chance perk.

• Mo4ntus

It’s not that they don’t do anything it’s that some don’t do enough

• Mo4ntus

adrenaline is worth a little more than you think. It really shines on the last 1 or 2 gens just because of the confidence boost. As a killer on the last few gens you want survivors to waste as much time doing other actions than gens but if a survivor knows that the last gen is close they’ll have the confidence to not heal and they will stay at the gen for longer when the killer is coming. Plus getting adrenaline can ensure an escape for not only you but a person you body block. That being said it’s really a fair perk and I don’t see a point in complaining when it can be overshadowed by other more broken perks

• Mo4ntus

Why do you act like there aren’t survivor things that are annoying the reason there’s a killer shortage at higher ranks is because killers get just as fed up.( most of the things you mentioned have a counter btw. If you’re getting tunneled bring dis camped borrowed time, getting moried bring a key it lets you literally skip 40% of the objective) and what rank are you’re friends playing low ranks have naturally more obnoxious killers because objectively that’s the best way to play the game as a killer plays and grows most will learn that for everyone to have fun and more importantly to win these tactics don’t work

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889

Exactly. But tbh that risk of trying to commit to that gen is worth it and is fair due to how the survivor had only be using 3 perks prior to that scenario

• Lucian
    Lucian Member Posts: 51

I agree with this 100%, but the unfortunate truth is that there are more survivors who play this game than killers. It's 4 vs 1, so the game needs to be more fun and appealing to the greater number. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580

Both killer and survivor have the potential to be toxic and op to the point that the other side might as well give up.

Killers can run ebony Mori with irri heads and it's already gg before the match has started.

But survivors have the same potential as well with bnps, keys etc.

My least favorite perk to play against when I'm killer is adrenaline, when the majority of survivors are hurt but there's only one gen left, you know that those survivors are gonna rush the last gen as fast as possible.

I don't mind noed that much but when I play survivor it's always in my mind before the last gen pops. If the killer doesn't have it than gg but if he does then the game isn't over yet.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

No he’s right hawkins is completely killer sided and the pallets are garbage. Don’t be a hypocrite.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    edited February 2020

I'm a rank 16 survivor right now right

So my mates pull me into a red rank game being there 1-3

I dont know how to loop at all. I dont know how to use a flashlight.

We faced oni(4) doctor(2) spirt(1) doctor(6) freddy(4) and finally a spirt(1)

I was died to the second doctor and my mate died to the last spirt. That's it. Everything else was 4E. And that's how all games have gone this year

They carried me though red rank games and not matter how bad everyone played with DH DS BT and lithe I was almost guaranteed free escapes and they even took the time to carry me.

I hit greats on every skillcheck and always bring party streamers so I'm worth carrying but honestly survivor is so easy and stress free compared to killer

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Lol I'm not I'm just taking every factor into account because I'm the one being honest here..I'd advise you to do the same before getting in someone's face

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

What? How is BT a crutch perk? Me not wanting my teammate to be tunneled to death means that I'm a crutch perk user?

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

I've noticed that almost all posts on this forum are made by killers. Is that because playing killer is frustrating and getting worse? Or is it because survivors don't really have a lot of gripes and complaints except that it takes forever to find a killer for a match?

This discussion has been closed.