Who’s your killer main and why?

Options

bored and curious so who’s your killer main, and why is that? No camping leather faces please :)

Comments

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    Options

Spirit. Still doing the 4k0c (4 kills 0 chase) challenge after the changes (nerfs) with limited success. Waiting for the day 4k<3m (4 kills under 3 minutes) becomes the norm.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

ghostface and legion. they're fun to play as. and it's funny to watch DC's when survivors look straight at me and still get exposed lol

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

Wraith was my main but I’ve started leveling all my other killers to unlock their perks for each other.

Currently, Doctor is the most fun. He isn’t as overpowered as Survivors on the forums like to complain, I still get looped by seasoned players, but it’s so nice not to get pallet stunned!

He’s super nice against immersive players, and I can’t wait until I level up my Legion to unlock Iron Maiden on him.

Hag is fun with her red addons, otherwise she’s average. I just meme with her now and place all of my 10 traps around a hex totem and give the survivor a fun scare.

Overall, if the Devs would work the bag add-on into his base kit, Trapper would be my main. It is just so satisfying to chase any-bagging, flashlight clicker and have them get caught by a trap!

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

Currently I don’t main a killer but rather have an account for each one, currently my list is like this. (I’ll say my rank and enjoyment out of 10)

Trapper - Rank 2 - 6/10

Wraith - Rank 5 - 8/10

Hillbilly - Rank 1 - 10/10

Nurse - Rank 7 - 4/10

Shape (Myers) - Rank 9 - 2/10

Hag - Rank 9 - 1/10

Doctor - Rank 2 - 9/10

Huntress - Rank 5 - 6/10

Cannibal (Bubba) - Rank 6 - 7/10

Nightmare (Freddy) - Rank 1 - 7/10

Pig (Amanda) - Rank 9 - 7/10

Clown - Rank 10 - 4/10

Spirit - Rank 2 - 6/10

Legion - Rank 6 - 5/10

Plague - Rank 4 - 8/10

Ghostface - Rank 1 - 9/10

Demogorgon - Rank 3 - 4/10

Oni - Rank 6 - 6/10

So personally from that list, my favourite killers are Hillbilly, Doctor and Ghostface.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hag, nurse, wraith and pig

Fun killers

• Xetoil
    Xetoil Member Posts: 94
    Options

For a long time it was the Trapper, I really enjoyed the strategy aspect of his gameplay and his overall design really appealed to me, but he was also really frustrating to play at times, as his tactics tend to rely on either heavy map knowledge or very advanced tile knowledge, so I hit a skill ceiling quite quickly before I realised I would have to heavily commit to studying DBD to get any better.

Then the Doc rework happened and although it's still early days, I have taken to pretty much exclusively playing as him. The way I play him takes advantage of the knowledge you get from survivors being in madness tier 2 (I use a brown order addon for guaranteed tier 2 every shock), and I use perks like dark devotion to get the jump on survivors and juggle their health states similar to how you might as Wraith/Ghostface. I have to say I feel menacing playing as him, which is exactly how I want to feel playing as a psycho killer. Plus Dark Devotions synergy with static blast, allowing you to proxy shock, is so damn funny.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

I play all killers but mostly Pig and Clown. Why? Well Clown is a fun guy and Pig is fun to play!

Plague, Spirit, Trapper, Wraith, Bubba, Huntress, Demogorgon, Freddy, Legion, Doctor is also pretty fun to play.

Myers, Hag, Oni, Billy..sometimes play them but they are "meh".

Nurse..well I play on console and are horrible with this killer. Want to learn how to play her but probably will never give her enough time. Perhaps if they buff Nurse again it could be worth the time but now no I play her like once a month at most.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

As killer 1: Trapper, outsmarting survivors and hearing the "POP!" is AMAZING!

As survivor I have 3 mains: Bill, cause he looks amazing in P3, Dwelf cause the hat looks like Link from TLOZ and Kate, cause she's hot AF

• Stornt
    Stornt Member Posts: 145
    Options

I main Legion because boy is it zoon and watch people throw pallets for no reason.

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2020
    Options

Huntress, because I find it so satisfying to hit survivors with my hatchets. I'm a baby killer, though, and I usually get paired with survivors who insist on running in a straight line. If they dodge even semi-competently then it's game over for me, lol.

Still, Huntress is the only killer I have passed level 1. I love her and hope I eventually get better at her. I find her to be the most rewarding to play as.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

Hag

She's a strategic killer that can stop standard survivor gameplay and force them to adapt to alternate playstyles.

Weaknesses aside, she's much more interesting to play than the standard chasing killers who are forced to run in circles following survivors.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hag, Ghostface and Pig. I wish Pig had a better mori. Its boring.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

Legion, I had bought because of them the game and enjoy them until the patch very much.

Now, not so much, but I would need to play a different killer for a very long time to reach the same playtime with him, as with the Legion, I assume.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,186
    Options

Nurse. Because i love staring my power bar, losing my power to blink entirely, dead zones, bugs, float slower than survivors, fatigue, dedicated servers, etc.

/s

But seriously, i like playing bottom tier killers because they're simple so i can relax.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Oni, because he fast, he THICC, perfect recept for a good Killer.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

Clown.

When I first started really caring about DBD it was at about 400-500 hours. I was in a little teaching server that was mainly about hag at the time. Clown was the first killer to release when I was really into the game and not a lot of people in that server liked him much at all but I loved his design. So I started playing clown religiously to get my own little niche in my circle of DBD friends. Even after I left the group I just kept going with Clown. 2700 hours now and I don't really play anybody else anymore.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    Options

Hardcore Pig main here! She has a built in map pressure mechanic, stealth and a long attack (ambush) so pretty well rounded! You can also boop the snoot😂

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

Huntress is the one I always seem to come back to. There's a very high ceiling for what you can do with her, so I always feel like I could be doing better with her.

Lately I've been playing a lot of Demogorgon, though.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Since Legion got slaugthered, Spirit atm. I love japanese culture and she looks very creepy. Her power is mindgame based and I love mindgames! Her power is very strong and interesting to use, you can do alot of nice plays with it and outplay survivors. One of the most fun killers in the game for my opinion.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Oni, Myers, Nurse are my 3 main ones lately.

Oni is just fun, and he's a better Billy when his power is up. He can delete loops like killer shack when you learn the angle/flick/timing of his dash.

Myers is fun, albeit weaker due to map tile balance. I run Nemesis/PWYF to mitigate his M1 problems. Myers at EW2 with 3 stacks of PWYF absolutely shocks people, and it's awesome when you scream around a corner out of nowhere and snap into EW3.

Nurse is Nurse. I can't quit her. I know I complain about her, but my last 5 Nurse games without add ons or game slowing perks were all 3 or 4ks. I just really wish she had more than 4 useful add ons at this point.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    edited February 2020
    Options

Freddy was my main but lately i been using oni. Why put people to sleep when i can soak up their blood.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

Michael Myers due to his stealth options, potential pressure later on, and also the ability to make every chase worth at least something with his stalking meter

After that Wraith, Trapper, Ghostface

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Wraith was my OG killer. I really enjoy the stealth aspect.

Piggy followed him. The stealth plus the dash are really fun. Traps are too rng based. But when they work they're incredibly useful.

Currently on Doctor. I always have trouble find survivors early. His Static Blast helps massively with that.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

Wraith: My true main. Second killer I ever played and fell in love with his playstyle.

Legion: Took a break when Spirit came out, came back when Plague came out. Tried Spirit, Legion, and Plague, and I just liked Legion the best.

Ghostface: Big Scream fan, and his gameplay is really fun.

Demogorgon: Never seen ST, but like the big scary monster vibes he gives off. Also really fun to play.

Plague: Only for Hallowed Blight cosmetic.

Oni: Again, playstyle and I really like the samurai vibes.

Clown: Mr. Puddles.

Doctor. The actual first killer I ever played. Came back after his rework, and he's really fun to play now.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178
    Options

Demo

Cute

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736
    Options

Nurse because loops are annoying

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

Pig

Cause SAW why else.... oh and snoot boops

• disconnectbybuglite
    Options

Freddy. He is one killer that still has a chance to win

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179
    Options

Currently its Doctor since I love his new ability and makes finding survivors so much easier and fun. I used to play Myers alot since he's a top fav and love his peek a boo game. Don't play him or Huntress much anymore since the ruin nerf. Most other killers I barely touch since I'm tired of hearing 3 gens pop in the first 4 minutes of a game.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 308
    edited February 2020
    Options

Legion -

I love zooming around the map and getting survivors. People love to underestimate Legion but if you know how to play them and when to cancel they can be quite formidable which catches survivors off guard!

• RussianSpyPigeon
    RussianSpyPigeon Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2020
    Options

Doctor. The reason I main him is because of how good he is. He can end loops with his power, other then that I'm not so sure. When I first got into the game I thought his power was really cool and usually get 3-4 kills with him. Plus I like his coat, makes him look scary and cool at the same time. His "nerf" was actually a buff to me.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Doctor. His laugh and gameplay are so enjoyable. Tho I believe that I'll switch to spirit since she is more reliable tbh :3

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179
    Options

I play a lot of Pig and Huntress, started with Nurse.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    Options

Legion: I like how they look, their cosmetics, and the faster paced chases.

Plague: I like everything about her. Her design and her theme, power, etc.

Hag: I enjoy her as a defensive type trap killer as she is different than the usual chase and kill type.

Doctor: Only recently started playing him seriously and trying to perk him out but I'm having fun using him.

Oni: Don't really use him but I would like to get good with him.

• FrankSRfromIT
    FrankSRfromIT Member Posts: 59
    Options

Wraith, it is so fun sneaking up on unsuspecting survivors. For the rare moments it happens it is fun watching them run and not know where you are. I don't do well with him often, but when I do it is so fun.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited February 2020
    Options

Trapper - He is old school. He gives lots of scare moments through hi trap use. He can be very strategic if the player is willing to adapt. If my window traps are not working, maybe I'll trick you with both an obvious and not so obvious setup. I'll leave the window trap, but hide one in the grass nearby so you feel the window is safe after you disarm it.

I love watching people walk slowly through the grass while being paranoid of traps.

I just wish he got a boost by being able to carry one extra trap as base kit. He is way too slow in the beginning and it is nearly impossible to catch up vs a good SWF. You have zero room for error.

Doc and Piggy are my second with Shape and Fred a close third.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Doctor, Freddy, Demogorgon, and Plague.

I enjoy playing all of these Killers, but Doctor is my favorite out of them. He's very fun to play. Good map pressure and chase potential, great tracking, and he laughs his ass off every time he shocks someone.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Ghostface: I love taking selfies with survivors and teabagging with them. Sneaking up on survivors is pretty satisfying too.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

I always considered myself a Wraith main...but lately, I've been playing a lot of Ghostface. More than any other killer.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited February 2020
    Options

Pig, because I really like gimmicky alternate win-cons (In this case, a way to kill someone that is not sacrificing or mori).

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Wraith all the way.

I like not having a Terror Radius, and i like a challenge.

• FilledPizza
    FilledPizza Member Posts: 392
    Options

Ghost Face, he's a very good Killer and also really fun to play. I also like his design a lot.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    Options

GhostFace - Strong but simple killer

Trapper - really satisfying when a survivor runs into your trap. Especially toxic survivors.

Nurse (Still not the best with her but I'm still winning games). Requires a lot of patience but still fun if you put time into her.

I'd like to play more of myers and billy and that's pretty much it.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Nurse because of the challenge she gave me, after her rework I dropped her simply because she became too annoying to play with her individual cooldowns.

Spirit because she was also a challenge for because she requires listening instead of your eye's. After I got use to her power survivor's became very predictable and so I dropped her.

James because I like sneaking up on people, I dropped him after the ruin changes becuase killer became too stressful to play

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    edited February 2020
    Options

Bubba: He's a big meme

Ghostface: Best stealth killer

Demogorgon: Fun killer with high skill requirement

Previously Hag but she's bugged at the moment...

:(