The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nerf to Dead Hard after Ruin

An idea struck my head watching JaeRoar on Youtube about a nerf to dead hard after watching someone fail at using it.

And it seems Called For since Dead hard is Probably used "in 80% of all matches".

I think, just as a brief idea, it should *Remove I-Frames* (Just take away the invincibility of the perk) and just make it a *Dash Forward Only*. I don't see much reason or logic as to why it should make you Invincible to Bear Traps, Doc Shocks, Shred Attacks, or even a basic attack if they dead-hard into a corner and your melee swing literally could not have missed if it wanted to.

I'm not saying "Reeee nerf dead hard waaaagh", just an idea I had and wanted to share it

Comments

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Dead Hard is not the biggest issues killers need to deal with. Decisive and Adrenaline are much more game changing, and while DH is very good, it's not oppressive.

• DamienDuff
    DamienDuff Member Posts: 88

DH is literally useless 90 % of the times unless youre a potato killer

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

I mostly play killer and I don't think deadhard is that big of a deal. Anticipating a deadhard isn't difficult either.

On nurse, dead hard is a little annoying but that's pretty much it.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

It's not the i-frames that are the problem, it's the speed boost. It's a free pallet/vault thus a free loop for a survivor unless they're caught out in the open.

I agree it does need to go.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Yea this could accompany the removal of the stun from Head On, and the removal of the speed boost from other exhaustion perks. Just an idea to match their power level with other perks.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Strongly disagree. DS is only really strong in the end game when you've done terrible and have to try and make up for it by camping and tunneling and hooking everybody. Adrenaline is only good in the end game. At this point the killer has already likely lost and is just trying to prevent a 4 man escape.

DH is annoying throughout the entire game and continuously gives survivors second chances in chases. DH is the ultimate survivor crutch perk that allows them to reach pallets that they normally wouldn't have been able to reach and to prolong chases that can easily cost the killer the game.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

That nerf has no use for why dead hard is such a used perk - distance. Dead hard lets you play greedy at loops with no downside and can extend chases for an incredibly long time. People who say to just bait it out I don't think have seen it used in a way its uncounterable and complete BS to come up against.

IMO it should just be reworked.

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464
    edited February 2020

Adrenaline isn't that bad. It can be strong in some situations but overall don't it needs a nerf at all.

DS does need to be reworked. It's really the only perk that 'warps' a game similar to ruin.

It also is a free win for survivors if it activates during EGC. It can also literally encourage survivors to be let themselves be downed to waste more time for the killer.

Thematically as a 'horror' game its also stupid, imagine someone who's never played the game watching a killer being scared of someone running into a locker.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

If you haven't started a chase with someone then you haven't wasted any time. That's the core issue with dead hard. It helps survivors during chases and prolongs them eating up much of the killers time.

• Tro
    Tro Member Posts: 223

Dead hard is fine as it is, heck it even fails every now and then and once killer knows you have it, we adjust for it. Not a problem at all.

lets focus on maps and budding mediocre perks instead of needing decent perks and killers.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Dead Hard may be the most overrated survivor perk.

If you want it nerfed so you feel better, I guess.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

It's so easy to play around dead hard though.. See a David? Assume he has it. Or if someone used it against you before then you know they have it.. So just chase them for a second longer so they use it and then down them 2 seconds later

• Happy2Heal4You
    Happy2Heal4You Member Posts: 119

The invincibility frames isn’t even the problem with dead hard. I would rather dead hard be I-frames for a second then give the dash. The dash is able to make up for the survivor’s mistake by allowing them to get to any pallet or window that they wouldn’t reach without dead hard and extends the chase for awhile.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

This "nerf x after y has been nerfed" mentality is kind of crap and isn't good for balance, ngl. That being said, there's a lot of problems with Dead Hard at the moment, and that alone should be looked at rather than nerfing it because a commonly used killer perk got changed. The most notable problem is the fact that it can be used while standing still for some reason. I've literally body blocked a survivor on the corner of a pallet before (they vaulted over it, and I was within quick-swinging range on the other side) and they were STILL able to use it. I think DH have a momentum requirement, since it seems to work whenever you hold shift and any directional button even if you aren't moving. Like you have to be moving in a certain direction for 1 second before using it or something like that. I think that'd fix a lot of the issues it has atm

• OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495

Yeah dead hard is so easy to bait even if you dont know that they have it yet. I never just swing anymore. I assume everyone has it. They'll panic eventually and jump the gun. Just get right behind them and they'll lose their nerve. It's only annoying when they use it for distance to get to a pallet or window that they wouldnt have otherwise... but then again every exhaustion perk is annoying to go against in some cases. Dh is just the easiest to bait.