Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A surrender mechanic should be introduced

If anyone has played Identity V they would know that there is a surrender mechanic. When all 4 survivors are knocked down they can hold a vote to surrender. If all 4 survivors agree to surrender then they instantly die and the game ends.

What if I have Unbreakable? Then you can just refuse the vote and continue to play.

What about my bloodpoints/BBQ stacks? If the survivors surrender the killer should receive bloodpoints and perk stacks to ensure they don't lose out on anything.

The survivors should just wait until the killer hooks them! Well with the introduction of DC penalties, killers can just slug survivors and not pick them up for 4 minutes, making a very unenjoyable experience. On the other end, if you lose a survivor, you just have to wander around aimlessly until they die, which is not fun.

I think with the introduction of DC penalties, it's time for this quality of life improvement to be added to the game.

Comments

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

I could agree to the idea of a surrender mechanic if: The vote required unanimous consent - and not getting all remaining survivors to agree resulted in no one 'surrendering'; so it can't be used by just a 'majority' or individuals to skirt the DC penalties.

And, better idea, to counter the slugging issue you brought up, increase bleed-out timers first of all; but then allow survivors to initiate a 'bleed out surrender' when there are only 2 Survivors left in the match; during those slugfests when 2 survivors remain and the killer wants to slug both to prevent hatch escapes.

Also, if Survivors surrender, then killers should be rewarded full sacrifice BP for each surrender; and receive a guaranteed Ruthless match - so they didn't waste their time completely just to 'safety pip' or de-pip from survivors giving up. (But let's not get started on how completely screwed up pipping and rewards are in this game. Utter trash really).

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300

if you are slugged on the ground for several minutes and the killer does not pick you up there should be an option to just yeet. if no one is going to pick you up, even the killer, why waste your time sitting there.