Unfair "Pig" Add-ons

Options

I was in a Pig match with 2 friends and 1 rando, and needless to say: the Pig was a little tunnely. I get downed and they put the mask on me. Here's the issue though:

A) As soon as the timer started, I noticed that I had a very limited amount of time to remove it (like 45 seconds)

B) All the traps were a significant distance from each other

C) I could not do one of the closer traps as the rando had just hopped on it (and I didn't want to waste time by waiting)

D) The RNG was not on my side as I had 1 trap left (with 10 seconds to spare)

As stated before, the killer was a little tunnely and ended up finding me again and hooked me.. again. I got taken off the hook, but by the time I got to the last trap, the timer ran out.

Mind you, all of this happened within 3 or so minutes.

Maybe I just had rotten luck or maybe I'm onto something, but how is it remotely fair that there's an add-on to already reduce the amount of time to take off the reverse-bear trap when I have to focus on getting away from the killer + among the other things to do within a trial? I could not do ANYTHING in that game because of how fast that timer was going.. I've been against the pig a number of times and I've never had this issue before.

(For any pig mains, go easy on me. Maybe there's just something I'm missing. I'm not trying to sound like a baby.)

Comments

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

There's a number of ways they tried alleviating the issue. TR will pause it, so will slugging. But each search is 12 seconds so 45 seconds doesn't sound right. Isn't the add-on that shortens it reduce it to a minute and a half?

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Its a purple add on called tampered timer. You dont go against it often because of how expensive and rare it is. After bringing my piggy to level 50 I have 3 of them.

I think normal timer is 2:30. Pretty sure tampered timer brings it to 2:00. That plus the time its on before a gen pops.

If you were hooked or downed, the timer stops. Maybe stops if in a chase but not sure.

Sounds like you had bad luck really. Most of the time I get traps off on first or second try. It sucks when you have to keep searching though.

The add on isn't OP as the bear traps being so random aren't usually a huge threat.

You'll probably go another couple dozen games against piggy before seeing another one.

• lazytension
    lazytension Member Posts: 56
    Options

I'm going to safely assume it was this timer.

Again, I'm not trying to whine, but with bad RNG and a somewhat tunnely killer, I literally could not do anything that game. But I guess it is what it is.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited February 2020
    Options

I've got, like, 20+ each of Tampered Timer, Bag/Crate of Gears, Jigsaw's Annotated Plan, Jigsaw's Sketch, and 50+ of Last Will. And this is with using pretty much only those add-ons for Pig. Running out of any of them is not something I have to worry about even a little. :P

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

You got unlucky, as the key spawns in a box and you have to guess correctly. Also, if they tunnel traps, attempting to take off the traps, then they are a bad Pig.

2:30 base, 2 with Tampered Timer.

• TAG
    Options

Depends on how they go about it, to be fair. If they're tunneling from the get-go, they are probably bad. If Pig just stumbles upon them and tries to capitalize on that, that's fine as long as they don't spend too long. If Pig suspects that a Trap is close to going off and wants to try and force it, that's also fine (albeit risky). Also, if the Survivor clearly isn't bothering with the Boxes because the timer hasn't started, there is no reason to let them keep working on a gen.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Maybe I just avoided expensive stuff in bloodwebs when trying to unlock teachable. Either way I've never had the pleasure of going against one that I can remember

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Nerf Pig

🐷👈

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

When I play Pig I typically try to go with slugs and baiting with the traps on, then start hooking once the third gen pops. Blindness add-ons and perks work really well with her.

Though from what I seen, coordinated groups will have the helmet off in seconds, but will sometimes stall gens if someone has a helmet on.

And immersed players typically die if you switch stances a lot making your TR appear then disappear. Really messes with them and they hesitate for fear of confrontation. Then you see their corpse draped over one of the boxes.

• LordCyphre
    LordCyphre Member Posts: 195
    edited February 2020
    Options

Nothing wrong with the addon, IMO it's purely an RNG issue. RNG is a big part of the game and someone likely always gets cucked by it, be it killer or survivor. The game being so RNG heavy is easily one of my least favourite aspects of the game and possibly the source of a lot of frustration.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited February 2020
    Options

Its not RNG. You chose poorly. It is what it is.

Also, if shes chasing you, its not counting down. So. Theres that.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 218
    Options

"the killer was a little tunnely and ended up finding me again and hooked me"

First off this is not tunneling. That's you not paying attention to where the killer is. Is the Pig just supposed to let you run past them.

Secondly there are some add ons that do mess with the time but there are not overpowered.

Even when running Tampered Timer and the one that punishes you for missing skill checks on the box it still gives you plenty of time to get the thing off. Also as others said the timer does pause in certain conditions are met.

And if it has spawned you could alway just leave with the hatch.

• lazytension
    Options

Well, the first thing you can do is a relax. Maybe take a deep breath or two. I did say she was a "little" tunnely. I'm not saying she was hard-core following me the entire time, but I was definitely being targeted. I'm not losing my mind over it, I'm just calling it out.

I'm not choosing poorly if my options are very limited. Therefor, it is RNG. I had 1 box left. I can only do so much when I have that mask on. And I never said she was chasing me, but she was definitely tracking me in some shape or form.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited February 2020
    Options

Its not RNG. It's you picking. Had you gone to the other box first, it would have long been off. That's player choice, not RNG. You. Chose. The. Wrong. Box. Period.

Also, your quote in the OP "... the amount of time to take off the reverse-bear trap when I have to focus on getting away from the killer...."

So, she was or wasnt following you?

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

How was she tunneling you if she wasnt chasing you after the hook???????

"I was being targeted".

Good lord. Everyone is a target.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

All Piggies are good Piggies! They only tunnel survivors when they refuse to Boop the Snoot!

Boop a Snoot everyone, it may save a life!

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Pig is player vs environment.

Just put traps on all living survivors and afk in front of one of the boxes. Ez game ez life.

• Bravescorpio
    Bravescorpio Member Posts: 152
    Options

I can't believe this is a serious post. There is always time to check all the boxes. No combination of add-ons can change this.

The pig was not a little tunnelly if you ran into her and then she chose to chase you. You are fair game, even with the trap on. This is completely a git gud situation.

• lazytension
    Options

Am I seriously going to debate which box is the right one while having that mask on? ESPECIALLY when that mask is already on a short timer? Of course not. I'm going to go the nearest box and try and get it off. If its not the right box, I'll move on. It's not necessarily my fault for choosing the wrong box when I don't even have a choice to begin with, when I'm already having to worry about a stealthy killer that could come around the corner at any moment.

And my "getting away from the killer" is a general statement since.. you know.. getting away from the killer is the objective of being a survivor in DBD. Again, she was definitely targeting me since she knew my time was limited.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,617
    Options

Did you try to boop the snoot?

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

Its almost like a recreation of a trap from Saw where you are pressed for time and your decision is based whether you get killed. Very interesting.....🤔

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    edited February 2020
    Options

Most effective combo for The Pig based around boxes is tampered timer with a crate of gears. While crate of gears is generally good (makes so survs are forced to sit on boxes a bit longer), it's still more of a meme build that have the highest potential for a game over. It would be expected for that pig to be disruptive when you try to remove your trap (being "tunnely"), because they want you to die from a trap, one of the most satisfying moments for the Pig player.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

There's not such thing as "Pig unfair add-ons". Her add-ons are one of the weakest among all killers. Tampered Timer only reduces the timer from 2 minutes and a half to 2 minutes. So it only cuts off 30 seconds. It's very unlikely to get a head pop even with her best trap add-ons. You just got unlucky in that one game.

• Butcher_Pete
    Butcher_Pete Member Posts: 29
    Options

There’s no way you only had 45 seconds to defuse your hat. Also, 2 of Pig’s add-ons (specifically the ones that increase the chance of a skill check while searching jigsaw boxes) are completely useless. Does that sound “unfair” to you?

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179
    Options

It takes a whole 2 and a half minutes for that trap to actually do anything, and the tampered timer is 30 seconds off. 2 minutes is way more than enough time to go and search the jigsaw boxes, more often than not it seems to be off in the first or second box anyway so they're pretty useless usually.

Pig's real power is her ambush but even that's not that great as you're really loud when you crouch, and the roar as soon as you even begin charging your ambush which just defeats stealth. It's mostly used at unsafe pallets. RBTs might kill a little time but it's not like you can track them to the box and down 'em you still have other survivors to worry about - and with gen speeds the way they are they're not gonna care about the RBT anyway lol they'll just 99% a bunch of them pop their hats off and laugh at you on the way out.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    edited February 2020
    Options

The words "unfair" and "Pig" used in the same sentence in reference to something about them being somehow OP.

Now I know I'm in the Twilight Zone.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

You wasted too much time healing yourself. Usually, its the only reason my Pig's trap kill anyone.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Pig is just an awful unfun killer to play against in general. They tunnel like a leatherface facecamps. It's just their natural state of being.

The trap RNG is just a load of bull too, if they chase you off one like once or twice, and luck says it is the last one you check- you just die because of bad luck which is plain stupid.

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179
    Options

I mean, when you have bad luck I have good luck. But for the most part it should average around the second box searched. As for tunneling.. ######### else am I supposed to do? You're just gonna DS me every time anyway so Pig's only plan really is to trap n' slug and hope it snowballs that way. If you go for hooks you'll have a really hard time but it's possible.

Even if you trap and slug those traps pop off like candy, takes no time at all usually and you're back to square one only you've got no power for the rest of the round lol.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I'm no stranger to wanting the traps changed, but something that has always puzzled me is the pigs add ons for the reverse bear traps.

Exhaustion, blindness etc? In what situation are the safety helmets benefiting from those? They encourage a tunnel strategy that leaves three survivors free.

I don't get it. Maybe someone with 200iq does but I'm kerfunkled.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

*sad oink noises*

Come on! has she not been nerfed enough come on!

I'm sorry you experienced a hard time but I can assure you that as a pig main head pops no matter what add ons you bring are rare unless you brute force it to happen.

Most games the happiness helmet gets taken off the first try.

I'm sorry this pig choose to play in a manner that was no enjoyable for you.

Have a happiness boop to ease your trauma 🐽

🐷💖

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,677
    Options

lol, that is just how it goes sometimes. Pig is not overpowered or unfair. If anything her power should be increased slightly.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

I will always Boop the Snoot. If it means my death, so be it, it would be worth it.

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options
  • Throckmorton
    Throckmorton Member Posts: 27
    Options

In short you got beat and went to the forums to cry

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    Options

You cannot choose poorly, if you have no information to base your decision on. How do you struggle so much with the concept of cause and effect? This is the second time I see you trying to make this silly point.

To clarify, the above statement does not mean I agree with OP's logic. From what I've read, he just played a little bit too immersed until the timer started running out, at which point they panicked and ran into the killer.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

WOW the misinformation in this thread is rampant. also there is GREAT information in this thread too but really the pig is not bad or good to go against. try a ghost face that reduced his exposure distance and extended his stalking distance. go against a tombstone/tuft of hair mikie that knows what they are doing.

The tampered timer does not really do much against you unless you have one extra box to search or the 4 are very far apart and more than just you are needing boxes. please the issue you had was not the timer, because as was pointed out you have 2 minutes with the tampered timer, but when the pig is around (inside the terror radius) your timer stops. You got unlucky because of the player playing the pig, not because of the add ons the pig had. if you wish to complain about add-ons, do not use a commodius toolbox with socket swivels/gen plans (or replace one with a brand new part), don't use a ranger med kit with speed addons, don't bring a key. You are doing the same as a killer does when they didn't like the fact their survivors had toolboxes.....

better luck for opponents plus the one thing you can do about this is to get better at the game, learn to avoid being downed etc. learn the right loops to run and the wrong ones to run. trust me it takes 100's of hours to get at minimum competent at the game.

• rephaim
    rephaim Member Posts: 96
    Options

Pig is balanced because of Amanda's weird looking hands

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

This is what I was thinking also 😀

And tunneling is sometimes needed for the game to be fair because Pig is not great.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

The term Tunneling probably is used and misused more than camping nowadays. Tunneling is when you are unhooked in front of the killer and they ignore everyone else, including the rescuer and anyone they run by working on gens, go get you again.

Getting found again either because the rest of your team is being stealthy or because you don’t pay attention to terror radius or look for the killer is NOT being tunneled.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Is this Tampered Timer plus Crate of Gears? If so, then yes. It's very unfair. At the same time, the RNG is pretty unfair to the Pig player most of the time anyway. A rework the the RBT's and add-ons relating to them would be cool; I think her power otherwise has great potential, however.

• TAG
    Options

Tampered Timer + Crate of Gears is way more often than not Crate of Gears + Nothing.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

Who thinks to Pig has to or should be tunneling? If anything she does the opposite, once I trap and hook someone they are off my mind at least for a couple minutes. Once they get unhooked they still aren’t doing anything except trying to get their trap off, it’s time to pressure someone else in a chase that means at least two people not doing gens.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options