Why some killers think survivors are op?

Lately, I saw a lot of killers complaining about survivors being overpowered. This is not true! How about all killer crutches? Ebony moris, iridescent head, infinite tier 3, all a free win! How about all the weird hitboxes and dead hard that often bugs? How about the indoor maps? How about the stats that devs showed that told that killers had a 60%-75% kill rate depending on the killer? I meen, yes ruin nerfs maybe have dropped the numbers, but they are still perks like corrupt intervention that allow killers to stop generators early game. Killers have noed, to. So the kill rate must be around 50%. Killer mains, explain to me why survivors are overpowered.

On a side note, I am not doing this post to tell that killers are overpowered, I get it, they have a few issues like 4 man swf, all I am trying to do it to convince killers complaining that the game is balanced.

Comments

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

So three maps and two add ons that are strong and killer is overpowered? Iri head, mori, and infinite t3 also guarantee you don't pip. Dedicated servers hit us all, so for every bugged dead hard and off hit box, killer missed a swing through a window, or got head on stunned from China.

There are far more survivor sided maps than there are killer sided ones. I get a red forest map at least twice a night, same for badham and Ormond.

• chenais
    chenais Member Posts: 69

Ok, so I will make a research of about 100 games in red ranks played by different streamers ( at least 10 random ones). Comming back if you really want to see me proof this game is balanced.

• chenais

Or just make the research yourself. I have a life and need to profit from it. Maybe devs know more about stats.

• LivUndead
    LivUndead Member Posts: 69

Its not that survivors are OP, those who say that don't a basic understanding of the game. I once thought that survivors were stronger than killers, but not OP.

The problem isnt with survivors or their items, aside from tool boxes, mostly BNP, and Keys and certain key addons, its the maps and gens. 8/10 times by the time you hook the first survivor 2 gens will pop 1/10 3 gens will pop the last 10% will be if the survivors are either new or messing about.

Infinite T3 Myres isnt a free win, the amount of time it takes to get there is insanely long.

Iri head is Bull S*** this you have a point, the community is in a agreeance that this is the case.

Ebony moris (depending oln your definition of a win, for sake of argument lets say a pip=win) are not a free win. Moris hurt killers in that case. But I do agree moris need change, but with that change keys need to change with. Both end the game sooner than intended.

• badrepo
    badrepo Member Posts: 93

Survivors are not OP, SWF is, however. Get rid of SWF and add an emote that I can use while on hook to say "GET AWAY THE KILLERS CAMPING" and I'd be happy. Also slow gen speed by 50% to around 120 secs solo. Leave all perks as is because they're fine.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Am I guilty that there are no red rank killers and Im matched with new killers? :P

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

You are guilty of badmouthing a person who is clearly significantly less experienced than you and then boasting about it on a public forum.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

12 hooks, DS, BT, Adrenaline, Unbreakable

5 mins match

pick one

• chenais

3khoursonhuntress if you win 9/10 games but 1/10 you lose yo good survivors, I cannot really feel bad for you. Between I repeat, does anyone want stats? And between some red rank killers are bad, to, for having played against them.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Im bringing you facts that survivors can be invincible. A killer who managed to reach rank 10 ( not dumb), was harmless against experienced group of survivors. I dont feel guilty for showing the true picture of the game.

• chenais

@28_stabs if you are a rank 10 killer, you still have a lot to learn.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

just have a look at the Forums. Most of the threads are whiny killers. they just wont acknowldege that the powerrole needs serious skill, they just want it to be a slaying game. Killers are just an unreasonable bunch of crying babies.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986
    edited February 2020

I still find it funny that people consider things like Dead Hard, Unbreakable, and Borrowed Time to be examples of why survivors are "OP"

Dead Hard sucks and I literally never used it outside of getting David's adept achievement. It barely works half the time. And even on the rare occasions where it works the first time, once the killer knows you have it, they just wait it out and let you use it then immediately hit you 2 seconds later

Unbreakable requires the killer to leave the survivor on the ground which at that point, it's their fault the survivor got to use the perk in the first place.

Borrowed Time (in my experience and how I use it) is only used to get survivors out of being camped. No camping = no borrowed time. Sure there are some idiots who just immediately farm people with the killer still there, but unless the gates are open and close, that's an advantage for the killer.

Post edited by RakimSockem on
  • MomentousMori
    MomentousMori Member Posts: 1

The POWER role. If you're in a power role playing your best you should be able to down survivor who is playing at their best. But seeing as the game relies on punishing mistakes, if a survivor doesn't make any ( playing their best) then the killer is unable to do anything about it. It's not a power role, it's a separate team. The survivors have the power role, being able put the killer in choke hold if they play well.

• Dyeverse
    Dyeverse Member Posts: 10

There is simply nothing to add. Period. That on all 4 Survivors and the game is already done. (If the Survivors are not braindead)

• LetsPlayTogether

Power role doesnt mean you should´ve the upperhand if both sides are equally skilled. Thats nonsense. Power role means youre the active part. and equal skill always ressults in the side winning who does less mistakes, and people always do mistakes. There is no perfect gameplay, but killers wont understand this.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

i really hope your joking

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

You must be new here, so I'll be gentle.

Tribalism is the short answer.

Long answer:

Since release, killer has been buffed, survivor nerfed. This is important to understand and through examples you’ll see why that has happened. It shows you why the game has had the trajectory it has and why we are now in our current quagmire of killers that are overly buffed but killers still whining.

It all started with the introduction of swf and the 2 escapes, 2 kills devs unit of metric. You don’t have to like the metric but it’s whats given the survivors all their nerfs and all the killers current buffs.

The devs failed to understand that people would want to play with friends in an online game (serious), what we got at release was ‘lobby wars’. Where survivors would join different lobbies looking for their friends and leave if they couldn’t find them. It was horrible trying to find games. Hence why we got swf, that completely unbalanced the game by creating coordinated survivors that could communicate ingame. The devs have been nerfing survivor ever since and completely crippled solo survivor play as a result.

Killers now are up around 70% kills due to the trajectory of the game and the devs metric system, unless you feel their metric system is bad, in which case they can undo all the changes I've just mentioned....

It also important to mention marketing and advertising. There’s nothing special about survivors, they are just reskins with some new perks that all play the same. THATS IT. Each killer has its own unique play style and as you see from their advertising, its always new killers they promote. Survivors get a mention, but its never really the selling point. 

DBD reddit, back in the day was all about poking fun at survivors and giving you the impression that every second game is SWF and heavily biased against killers. Which was a lie. OP SWF games are maybe one in 30 games with most swf games being friends who are just wanting to have fun and usually end up wiping. But there was no push back, the killer echo room there would down vote anything survivor sided.

That coupled with the points I mentioned previously meant that a lot of survivor mains left the game. Which is kind of obvious, I mean you understand the devs unit of metric sure, but you just watch nerf, after nerf, after nerf as it all gets taken away. Why would you stay for that? Its kind of miserable.

What has this created? In short. Entitlement. Killer mains know if they whine, they get what they want. 

THIS is the environment the devs have created and what you see on the forums.

This is the culmination of what you observe.

• LetsPlayTogether
    edited June 2020
  • MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

Because they’re bad

• DeadArsenal
    DeadArsenal Member Posts: 221

"A few issues with 4 man SWF" yeah a "few" like getting teams of them every other match running every meta perk in existence the second you hit green rank and it never goes away. Survivors have half a dozen tools to deprive killer of several minutes of time without so much as a hook and you wonder why killers think Survivor is OP? lol

• BlazeNightash
    BlazeNightash Member Posts: 230
    edited June 2020

Except your 70% winrate is extremely flawed because the devs dont' account for moris, people d/cing, low rank high rank, etc etc, hell i don't even know why you're taking info from the devs anyway they barely play their own game let alone high rank killer games against swfs. The main issue isn't survivors are op, its mainly the maps and the gens are the problem and the devs really won't take action to fix these issue so they just take the easier route of buffing killers and nerfing survivors because its alot easier than redesigning problematic maps and testing how quickly a gen should go.

Its alot harder to apply pressure on survs with alot of killers espeically a 4 man because, Game starts you got limited time to find and start trying to down one surv before gens start flying, and that chase can't prolong so long due to the fact the time works against you. I had games where i downed 2 survs within a min and i still lose 3 gens in that period But "JuSt PrESsure GenS" like how am i able to do that and you notice the only killers that have higher potential for quick downs are ones who break the rules of loops and sometimes just completely bypass them (Spirit, Nurse) Can make up for this issue

While other killers can struggle because chain loop into chain loop of safe pallets is extremely time consuming and you can say OH JUST LEAVE THEM ITS A WASTE, ya sure now i need to go find another surv and hope they're out of position so i can down them fast or they're just gonna do the same exact thing, its not difficult to loop in this game, you don't even have to be amazing at it to heavily waste the killers time as some loops are just that safe. And most killers basically have to capitalize on surv mistakes to get ahead, but it almost feels like if you just ######### up even once on killer the games over, its way harder to recover from mistakes as a killer than it is as a survivor

• BlazeNightash
    edited June 2020

Cool my comment was just deleted by a mod for some reason

• BlazeNightash

Your data is flawed, 70% is not accurate as devs don't account for moris, d/cs, troll teammates, farm games etc etc. They don't even play their own game half the time and for sure not at higher ranks. The real issue is map design and gen speed, Some maps are just way to big and some are just fill with so much crap in them its hard for some killers to perform in, Yes we need 60 trees on one map for some odd reason. Chain loops are a massive problem as well especially when majority of them are unmanageable for most killers to mind game in. Thats why killers who can bypass alot of loops and safe loops(nurse, spirit) Perform extremely well unless the player is in lack of skill for those killers. Other killers struggle with this time crunch because you only have so much time per chase that includes finding a surv to chase from the get go before gens start flying. and when you have to hook each surv 3 times to kill them it just takes way to long. Killers almost needs to capitalize on surv mistakes to even get ahead and its alot more punishing for the killer for them to make a mistake than it a survivor since its a 4v1. And don't act like survs don't whine about every little thing that the killer does, because you know damn well survs mains are hell of alot more toxic than killer mains. The game is unbalanced due to alot of reasons and the devs don't care to fix the main issues they just rather take the easy way out of over buffing killers and nerfing survs

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

When people say "Survivor is op" they really mean that the maps suck. You can get a match where there's no pallets and then matches where you literally can't touch the survivor because of all the things they have around them. The worst I've ever seen is 12+ pallets in lery's and 3 pallets surrounding the god bus that also had a jungle gym beside it. With shack not being too far away too. The game is just weird and can be unfair for both sides.

• chenais

@Blazeknight0923 . Well, you have 3 things that might artificially increase the kill rate:

-moris: first of all, they are rare. Also, mori games count for this reason: survivor games with 4 man swf count. So it counterbalances.

-dcs: they are, sonce again, quite rare. Also, if survivors lose because of that, this is still unfair, since a 3v1 is pretty much a gg. No matter why the kill-rate is like that, it still means that survivors deal with unfair stuff and that makes the game killer sided.

-troll teams: I only met one troll in my entire 500 hours of playing survivors.

• FearedbytheGods

'Your data is flawed'

You then provide anecdotal subjective information to support your own points.

LOL, just lol.

Even if I take your points of criticism about the stats as true (which I don't) it's still better than your 'because I say so' points.

People will work harder to maintain their belief system, then to establish truth. Welcome to being a human.

• FearedbytheGods
    edited June 2020

Then, as if to highlight my point that you were responding emotionally and not from a point of logic you respond to my exact same post AGAIN, with another wall of text AGAIN.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • FearedbytheGods

Sad if you don't see it, do you know what tribalism is?

Welcome to a bigger world.

• DeadArsenal
    DeadArsenal Member Posts: 221

If you edit a post too many times or too quickly it'll get dumped into the approval system and never to be found again.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

Don't forget grabs.

They've gone away every since dedicated servers.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

Vey simple

4 MAN>KILLER

4 SOLOS<KILLER unless u are going agaisnt 4 good individuals (rare) then is SURVS>=KILLER.

• BlazeNightash

for sure not rare with moris i encounter a mori atleast 2-3 out of 10 games,

2nd by d/cs im including hook raging on first hook which happens alot.

A more accurate take on killer kill rate/winrate would probably be more around 40-50% not 70% for sure

• BlazeNightash

man going straight to the insults are we now, someone's butthurt. Why? Because i said the data you got is completely flawed because the devs pile everything together instead of matches where no moris no d/cs no farm games troll games etc etc it would be more around 40-50% not 70% for sure especially at higher ranks, the data is extremely flawed. But instead of researching for the facts on your own you rather copy paste something from the devs who are known for not having accurate information on alot of problems with the game