The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hex Perk Idea

So I hear a lot about Survivors being really strong especially swf, for the most part I don't play Killer( personal choice),but i noticed there aren't really any trick hex perks outside of haunted grounds.

So I had an idea for one Hex Deadly Pathogen.

The idea is that the survivor who breaks the totem is given the exposed status effect for a minute and a half and if the survivor comes within 10 meters of another survivor they get exposed for a minute and a half as well and so on, potentially infecting the whole team.

This would make teamwork more of a liability and help the killer with not only map pressure, but also helping Gens from going a tad to quick.

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

"I have the pathogen. Stay away from me. Let me know if the Killer heads my way."

*Perk rendered as useless as Haunted Grounds*

The only time this perk would be useful is when SWF are bodyblocking the Killer from interrupting the Survivor who is cleansing.

• RainbowSuperLoki
    RainbowSuperLoki Member Posts: 48

I think it is much too similar to Haunting Grounds. I'd rather have more perks that help PROTECT or CONCEAL the Hex Totems, rather than another trap totem which, from my experience, actually doesn't help defend the totem you care about very much.

• Wricea
    Wricea Member Posts: 3

The point wasn't to outright stop SWF, it's main purpose is to discourage a bit of teamwork such as healing and gens.

Personally in my mind it had a few more benefits such as an inherit stridor effect where the survivor's breathing is quite loud during the duration, and those who have the pathogen have penalties to healing, repair, sabotaging, and etc; last of which had a high chance of activating upon the breaking of any totem(Dull or Hex).

The reason I didn't add them initially was because I thought they where a bit too strong.

• Wricea
    Wricea Member Posts: 3

An idea I had initially was that it had an high chance to activate on any totem break, but that can be tweaked to where if the pathogen totem is still up it can take the place of the first hex totem broken.

Just a thought.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I think there should be a hex totem that puts the survivor who cleanses it in the dying state after 30/20/10 seconds.