Breakable walls! Probably a BAD IDEA

2»

Comments

• TBfishy
    TBfishy Member Posts: 28

Just be happy theyre adding new fun game changing aspects and stop looking at it so comparatively.

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

No matter what the devs do there will always be someone complaining

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

The breakable walls are actually refreshing from both perspectives.

As a killer I don't feel that stressed out and as survivor I feel more engaged now that some loops are dangerous.

I just wished the devs hurried up and fix the rest of the maps.

• Keanuqwerty
    Keanuqwerty Member Posts: 126
    edited February 2020

if they add breakable walls, then us survivors need to be able to fix them, and fortify them, surely?

• I wish instead of wasting time on reworking maps to add breakable walls that they would just spend the time reworking bad windows or ######### pallet spawns and all that stuff.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

What if I break all the walls in killer shack, does the whole thing crumble and the survivors die inside? 😂

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

As long as they're removing the breakable wall at shack I'm fine with it.

Seriously that breakable wall was so dumb and I hope it's gone. If it isn't I'm still not gonna break it out of spite.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

There is a breakable wall even on L and T walls so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited March 2020

Yep. Because apparently Killers have it so hard that you cannot justify that they learn how to play T/L-Walls.

@Topic:

I think breakable Walls are a horrible addition. Tiles which can be mindgamed get breakable Walls and are made downright stupid. There is no thought process involved, it is always better to break one of those Walls. Shack becomes Hawkins Level when it comes to safety and that is for every Survivor.

Breakable Walls should be a thought-process - like, do I want to have a short route to this spot BUT risk a good Balanced Landing Spot for the Survivors? Something like that.

And the only structures where Breakable Walls are justified in my opinion should not exist anyway.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

I agree regarding breakable walls should have a thought process @Aven_Fallen

Currently all the breakable walls are next to a window and pretty much act as an already dropped pallet. In my opinion breakable walls should act as one of two things.

1. A strategic shortcut for the killer that when broken at the right time can give a huge boost of momentum but broken at the wrong time can waste a valuable resource
    2. An ambush spot that catches survivors off guard - I'm still of the opinion walls should stumble survivors on the other side and the action should have its own unique speed but I'm biased on this.

The issue with breakable walls being implemented as said is they're being added onto existing structures types that have an already established strategy / gameplay loop around them. I feel as though they should be reserved for unique map structures and buildings with some minor exceptions. Maps should also have more unique structures to accommodate these walls so they don't need to just be slapped on generic structures that are generally on every map. I'm talking like 2-3 unique buildings per map if the buildings are small.

I do feel as though breakable walls are an amazing idea and something this game needs but its implementation is kind of bad.

• M4ST3RM1ND
    M4ST3RM1ND Member Posts: 33

Breakable walls should be only in infinite loops. Change my mind.