The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So what exactly needs to be nerfed in your opinion?

Obviously, I'm super glad the game is finally getting actually balanced and not just nerfed, but if we're talking about balance, what needs to be balanced/nerfed? In my opinion, keys need to be nerfed, as right now they're just frustrating as killer if the survivor knows where the hatch is. I think give the keys a use time that correlates to their rarity, like a green key is a 3 second use time and a red key is a 1 second use time. That way it prevents survivors from just teabagging the hatch until the killer is right there. In terms of killers, oh god. I just don't know where to start.

But I want your opinions, as the community is always talking about balance, but rarely specifying.

Comments

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

Keys do need a nerf.

Mori's should require additional prerequisites, at least an Ebony Mori should. Perhaps instead of killing an individual survivor after their hook, the Killer has to first hook EVERYONE at least once before he can start killing. It effectively leaves the Mori the same in concept, but prevents the Killer from just picking them off right away and has to make them work for it first. Green and Yellow Mori can stay the same, they're pretty fair.

Gen speed needs a nerf. Or at least an additional requirement. I proposed such in this thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/131872/gen-pressure-still-needs-address-a-solution

Servers obviously need fixing. Can't balance a game that can't decide if a Killers or Survivors power works or not.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

For your mori nerf why should i bring a mori if you are already on dead hook for me as a killer it will be faster to just hook you instead of seeing the 13 to 16 second animation

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

And what about it? Mori is an offering, why should it give you a huge advantage? Also its not useless, it still counters DS, Flip Flop, Breakout, Flashlight and Pallet saves and can be used even after you dropped the survivior multiple times and wouldnt be able to carry them to a hook.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Gen speeds need too be increased. No one likes the idea but people have just gotta eat the bullet too give killers more time too pressure gens. Sometimes you gotta just take the hit for better game health.

• Gmoose17
    Gmoose17 Member Posts: 49

How are keys OP when the killer can literally close the hatch and make it to both exit gates a lot faster than the survivor 99% of the time. If you nerf keys than you need to nerf how long the hatch can be closed for. Cause it’s a gg if killer closes hatch and yOU don’t have a key

• DVD420
    DVD420 Member Posts: 31

Obviously the killer can make it to the gates faster, that's the idea. But if you play right, you can open the gates, it's almost happened to me a few times.

And iirc, the hatch spawns after 2 sacrifices, so if someone has a key they can win the match there and then.

I'm just saying at least give the key a use time cause right now people just use keys to teabag once all their teammates are dead and they're camping hatch. At least give killers a chance to stop them before they leave after teabagging you for like 15 seconds.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Keys, Moris, DS and map design should be nerfed.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

For this i will steal something i have seen early you should hook everyone at least 1 time before you can start using your mori thats the best idea i have seen so far for this

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

This could work Ivory, but I think it would be still to early for Ebony.

I know you dont see them that often, but getting to kill everyone after you hooked them just once is still extremely strong.

Honestly, if Ebony was completely removed from the game I wouldnt miss it lol. I only ever use them for challenges anyway. Instead, more perks that let you mori, like Devour or Rancor should be added.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Adrenaline

DS

Infinites

Blendettes

Gen skill checks

I could go with more

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392

1.DS and BT need hard nerfes .. rly hard.

2.Changing Killer Hitboxes to Survivor Hitboxes

That should do ...

BTW: If Survivor gets harder it also means less Survivor in Red Ranks (and more Killer in Red Ranks) = Better Queue Times...

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited February 2020
    1. DS and BT need hard nerfes (only working on being hooked two times)
    2. Survivor with active BT/DS should make noise or some visual Cue of it being active (every Killer Perk gives survivor information about its existance so how comes we are not allowed to know if they have it or not).
    3. Change Killer Hitboxes to Survivor Hitboxes (they changed Survivor Hitboxes back in 1.4).

This should make it harder for survivor to get into red ranks and thus improve queue times alot.

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275

stop calling for survivors nerfs. this forum is heavily biased towards killers i noticed.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

It's a nerf overall. While they are faster, they are consumed more then the speed upgrade would equalize. The only point that may be a buff is it's ability to quickly finish off a gen in an emergency.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    edited February 2020
    • Dead Hard
    • Sprint Burst
    • Adrenaline
    • NOED
    • Moris
    • Keys
    • Toolboxes (coming)
    • God loops
    • Hillbilly
    • Iri head + infantry belt combo
    • Corn

Those are the biggest ones imo. Maybe tweaks to other things. For example I’d change things about Ghostface and maybe increase pallet distance back to late 2018 standards.

• GhostofYharnam
    GhostofYharnam Member Posts: 597

Fix the map sizes. Nothing else needs nerfed or buffed atm. Just fix the map sizes and then go from there and fix what needs fixing.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

That doesn't even make sense. If you are getting the same amount of progression out of the toolbox then it's like they did nothing, however what they did do was make it even faster than that. So now you get more progression then toolboxes would do before, faster, and keep the item if you use the last of it's charges.

In testing me and my friends found it that 3 gen's and a half of a 4th gen could be done with 4 yellow toolboxes running socket swivel and wire spool in the time it takes clown to reach survivors across Thompson House, thats 2 on one gen, 1 on another gen, and 1 on another gen from the beginning. The 2 moving onto the next nearest gen after the first one is complete. You consider that a nerf? When before it would only be 2 gens, or 1 gen and most of a second gen?

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

That to me sounds like the addons haven't been balanced to the toolboxes' new function yet.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

For me, there's a majority of killers that need BUFFS. Small one's admittedly, but buffs still.

Toolboxes are indeed getting a nerf, and a well deserved one.

Insta-saw for both the Saw Bois has got to go though.

It's no longer about nerfing specific things, but let's start to buff weaker parts. Starting with every killer not associated with the "Top 5" of killers: Spirit, Nurse, Hillbilly, Freddy and Doctor.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited February 2020

In my opinion needs nothing be nerfed.

No killer abilites. No killer, or survivor perks. No survivor abilities. No nothing.

Just a few maps need to be reworked, maybe some new game modes to keep the game interesting and then the major thing:

Some things need be buffed.

As example: Every killer should be nearly on the same killrate and if we remember the last killrate stats - there is a lot to do.

I hope that the devs have not only just the stats in mind if they are working on this issue - I hope they have also the fun in mind of the mains from the killer they currently working on.

Edit: And before we forget it: Some survivor perks should also be buffed. So that the default survivor can choose from more perks as the usual ones, everybody knows from the matches (and is probably bored of).

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited February 2020

Keys, Moris, Irihead, certain maps. Maybe a few other things here and there, but those are the big ones IMO.

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179

Iri Heads;

Farm Maps pallet spawns/tile distribution;

Insane windows in specific maps;

Moris and Keys;

Exhaustion perks in general, I find it mental that having one is mandatory if you want a strong build;

Special mention for Head On's hitboxes and priority mechanics.

I don't want to include Toolboxes because I want to wait and see how the new change plays out even if I, for one, don't like it.

Nothing new, nothing surprising.

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

Only gen speed needs a nerf, i would prefer to see everything get buffed on both sides. They did really good with kindred and hang mans trick. I want them to bring the weaker perks and killers up to par so that they are all almost the same. Absolutely unique playstyles, but equally balanced in power. Lots of useless perks on both survivor side and killer side. Survivors need to either get slower gens or a second objective. But that's the same conversation that's happened for years. I was pretty happy with the game before the ruin nerf, but all in that 1 update, the devs changed a lot just for survivor's sake. This new baby buff to trapper and plauge are neat, but idk about it. It's not enough to put them on par, but i don't know what they could change without fundamentally changing the killer.

• PB182
    PB182 Member Posts: 80

In a perfect world that would be a good idea, but it will be abused eventually. Give people an inch and they'll take a mile.

• PB182
    PB182 Member Posts: 80

Making gen speeds slower is definitely not the answer.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Map size and swf are the only real things that need adjusted. For a game balanced around limited communication there has to be something to deal with it.

• hammertime
    hammertime Member Posts: 51

To all the people commenting on nerfing moris I agree. I already barely play this game anymore as is and if those were nerfed I would completely quit and move onto better things in my life. Then we could fight for AI killers since no one will play killer anymore and I will read about you bitching to nerf the AI. Let's do it!

• rubber
    rubber Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2020

pff ITT killer mains

bring on the downvotes even tho I'm right

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

Mori's honestly should be changed to being able to kill after the second hook, and for each survivor you mori you get an increase to your overall bloodpoints. I personally believe Ivory is almost as devastating as the Ebony. I mean if you can make it 3v1 very early in the match you pretty much win unless you are just a poor killer.

Key's should honestly be changed, I think they should be able to work during the end game only after the killer closes the hatch, while their main focus should be on aura reading abilities.

Iridescent should be distance based. They hit you from across the map they deserve that down, but not 5 feet away.

I'd probably change the way NOED works tbh but I haven't thought too much about it. I'd probably make it similar to Fired up, where the closer to end game, the stronger the killer gets. But I haven't thought of the effects, or the best way to get it just yet.

I'd probably change some maps as well, some are too big and have too many pallets, like Thompson House. While others are terribly designed like The Game where if you are the first person in a chase you got loops and pallets for days. But if you are the third person chased you have no pallets and you just go down with nothing you could have actually have done to outplay the killer.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Keys and mori's.

Object Of Obsession.

Multiple survivors on a gen.

Iridescent Head.

Fragrant Tuft Of Hair.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

right now i dont want anything nerfed, i want something added - secondary objectives!

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Nerf survivors and buff killers

Now give upvotes.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885

Survivor ranking needs to be nerfed.

Survivors rank up to quickly. It is almost impossible to derank. I can have the worst game imaginable and still, at least, black pip. Killers, on the other hand, derank all of the time and struggle to pip even when they have good games. This leads to survivors not being as good as killers of the same rank. This then leads to survivors feeling that killers are too strong. Since most players seem to main one side or the other, they simply can't understand the problems the other side faces.

I don't think increasing the ranking ability of killers would be a good solution. That devs said that the new changes should drop the killers back into a rank that they should be in. I think the same needs to be done with the survivors. The devs need to adjust survivor ranking to be more inline with killer ranking, and hopefully make for better matchmaking, while keeping less skilled players out of the lower ranks. Hopefully, that would make the matchmaking even more accurate, and players won't feel overwhelmed. Then, maybe, we won't see as many calls for unneeded nerfs.

Sure, there will always be smurfs and player that intentionally derank to have easier games, but there's not much that can be done about that....other than maybe restricting how far anyone can derank within a certain period of time.

• ohmwreckerfan8492
    ohmwreckerfan8492 Member Posts: 11

I wish this was on xbox cuz every match the killer wins. So yall want to complain switch to console and begin a new era for console

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620

need nerf borrowed time need change survivors move,its not good that they use when move only keyboard without mouse,mouse use only use camera!

Need make survivors game more difficult because now survivors get easy win :D

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Gen speed would be a start. Hopefully toolbox changes fix that. It is way too easy to escape with a coordinated team of SWF. I also think that self care should be made slower with the healing speeds reverted back to the way they were before that way there is more incentive to heal instead of just rushing the gens

• stylisticx
    stylisticx Member Posts: 44

I think you should have to hook a different survivor BEFORE you can mori someone you just hooked to prevent tunneling.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

This is everything I could think of off the top of my head, including buffs and reworks.

Maps need to be balanced, keys need a rework, gen speed needs to be addressed in some way, Mori's need a rework, Killers like, Cannibal, Clown, Trapper, Legion etc. need to be buffed, OoO needs a complete rework, certain killer add-ons need reworks, low tier perks on both sides, survivor specifically need buffs in order to shake up the meta, because seeing the same 6 or 7 perks being used every game is boring as hell. God loops need to be looked into such as the ones on Ironworks of Misery or Rancid Abattoir for example. Honestly the game has just fallen way too survivor favored, dead hard needs to be looked into it wasn't a problem when it came out but it has became one, the fact that I can run a killer for 3 or 4 tiles and then dead hard for distance and get another 3 or 4 is just ridiculous. That's about all I can think of, I am aware that some of these issues are probably being worked on, but that's what I could come up with.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

Keys and mori's are going to be on most peoples list; and I think they are fine in their current behavior. They just need to be made more rare. Even then, mori's are rarely used so it's kind of a baseless complaint; especially with ranks soon meaning nothing, meaning if you get mori'd, you lose nothing you didn't already have.

No, the only things that need nerfing are certain maps (in size, like Mothers Dwelling, Rotten Fields etc), and I would say Decisive Strike. It needs to have conditions applied to it to make it anti tunnel only instead of a magic superman perk. On the killer side, everything is fine except for Billy's charge addons. They should simply be made so they can't stack.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2020

Sure they do.... But hey what do I know, I'm just a bad player according to you.

Do you honestly contribute to anything on this forum except calling players #########?