Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hatches should remain closed when Exit Gates are opened and one Survivor has escaped.

Judgement
Judgement Member Posts: 955
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

The conditions for a Hatch's spawns are as follows, excerpt from the wiki.
The Hatch will become visible ("spawn") whenever the number of fully repaired Generators IconHelpLoading generators.png exceeds the number of living Survivors by 1. This is true for the following scenarios:

Four Survivors: 5 fully repaired Generators / Exit Gates are powered
Three Survivors: 4 fully repaired Generators / 1 Generator left
Two Survivors: 3 fully repaired Generators / 2 Generators left
One Survivor: 2 fully repaired Generators / 3 Generators left
Why does a hatch have to spawn - let alone, open - when the Exit Gates are powered?
The wording that comes from the Wiki, also, states 'living Survivors'. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure escaped Survivors count as 'living' Survivors.
The Hatch, regardless, opens when there is one Survivor left in the game, whether the rest fled through the Exit Gates or died at the Hook.
In every game that I have played as the Killer, however, where the Exit Gates are powered, this comes at an annoying consequence; One Survivor, in nearly every game I have played as the Killer with the Gates open, will always escape through the Hatch instead of the Exit Gates.
Twice, lone Survivors have held my game hostage for an exorbitant amount of time as they camp the Hatch while the Exit Gates are open until I come near them.

But I'm not complaining about players doing that. I'm more concerned with the fact that when the Exit Gates are powered and opened, the Hatch opens to give the last Survivor an opportunity to exit through an alternate path in the middle of the map besides the two open gates.

The Hatch should not open if any one other Survivor has escaped through the Exit Gates. The Wiki itself clearly states living Survivors, and escaped Survivors are evidently living.

Thoughts and Suggestions?

Comments

• Kiores
    Kiores Member Posts: 34

It may sound good at a first thought, but the hatch opening for the last survivor when the others escape can be considered an alternate escape, and is by stats and standards absolutely fair
    because killers have advantage and has higher kill-rate than intended (yes, I'm serious, less than 30% survivors escape, and they want it to be around 40-50%), which statwise makes killers superior, if you don't feel like this is true, you should try playing as a survivor and take note on where you would go as a survivor, it surprisingly helps in tracking down and chasing survivors.
    back to the point, it's an alternate escape if you can't make it to the gate, if you think it's unfair, remember, you're the one who let them power the gate, thus, it's techically already your loss, if you're one who refers to it like a loss.
    I'm personally satisfied if I get enough hooks to summarize 2 kills, aka, 6 hook phases spread among them.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Since they are no longer in the game they can’t be counted as “living” anymore because they can no longer help their team.