Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The reason why the game can’t be balanced.

Survivor balance is in a pickle, no ALL balance is in a pickle right now. Lots of people say looping, camping, etc. are really big problems...but why are t they being tackled.
Here’s why; SWF. SWF throws balance out the window, not only does it make survivors strong....but the main core problem......now 3 sides need to be balanced, but 2 are tied together. As it currently is,with states including SWF matches saying that survivors survive rate is 50%-ish...that’s really bad. As we know SWF is much stronger than solo, that means, by logic, that SWF has roughly a 70-80% survive rate, while solo has only about 30%.
How do we fix this? Well it’s near impossible. But the only way to fix this would be to make solo survivors have much more communication, and with the 3 sides becoming 2 again, be able to nerf survivors with out making solo queue a death sentence.

The reason why this hasn’t occurred...the developers don’t want to break “immersion”. But I think it needs to happen. We literally can achieve balance unless Solo is the same strength as SWF. That’s the only way to then balance killer vs. survivor.

All in all, immersion shouldn’t cost balance and elbow drop it in the jaw. It’s a price to pay, but survivors that are solo should have a voice chat (SURVIVOR ONLY; NOT PROXIMITY OR HEARABLE BY KILLER LIKE IN F13)

With that, solo would be of similar strength to SWF making solo overpowered just like it. Next killer and survivors could be balanced without making solo queue trash.

As of now, nerfing survivors would make SWF more fair, but solo would be ruined. Buffing solo would make SWF even more broken. So solo must be made of equal strength, so both can be nerfed or buffed without messing up the other.

The developers claim they want a 50% death/survival rate of all games. This is the only way to do it.

I know, it’s sad...but it’s too true to deny.

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

I know it’s a partial repost; but I made it more in depth, and it’s EXTREMELY important info that most need to know.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Playing with your friends tho, is both a despising, and necessary evil, sadly.
    There has been long discussions about how to actually balance SWF. The main issue is that the disparity of skill level between SWF is really wide. Some SWF are random ranks 20 playing for fun and not trolling. Others are try-hard squads that just want quick wins, and lastly, some of them are toxic trolls only in game to make the killer to feel bad about himself and get the fun out of him.

There has been several proposition of rework for it, but nothing got out of the lot.
    Having a casual mode (allowing 4 survivors to play together), and a ranked mode (allowing only 2, at max, survivor, to be together, for example), could partially solve this.
    That being said, it would split the playerbase and create another issue, when the matchmaking times are already rather slow in general.

That being said :
    I used to play full SWF in 2016, and now that people I know are gone, I play survivor solo 90% of the time. I still see no issue in most matches as long as you play accordingly with the game requirements, as solo survivor. It sure has some annoying matches, where your team suicides very quickly to a killer (which makes the hatch change quite discutable, even tho the hatch standoff truly needs to go) or when they simply let you to die on the hook because they're SWF and "uses" you, but overall, it's allright and rather chill, at least in my experience at high ranks.

Low ranks seems VERY campy and pretty cancer tho, for survivor.

• Jack11803

@Runiver said:
    Playing with your friends tho, is both a despising, and necessary evil, sadly.
    There has been long discussions about how to actually balance SWF. The main issue is that the disparity of skill level between SWF is really wide. Some SWF are random ranks 20 playing for fun and not trolling. Others are try-hard squads that just want quick wins, and lastly, some of them are toxic trolls only in game to make the killer to feel bad about himself and get the fun out of him.

There has been several proposition of rework for it, but nothing got out of the lot.
    Having a casual mode (allowing 4 survivors to play together), and a ranked mode (allowing only 2, at max, survivor, to be together, for example), could partially solve this.
    That being said, it would split the playerbase and create another issue, when the matchmaking times are already rather slow in general.

That being said :
    I used to play full SWF in 2016, and now that people I know are gone, I play survivor solo 90% of the time. I still see no issue in most matches as long as you play accordingly with the game requirements, as solo survivor. It sure has some annoying matches, where your team suicides very quickly to a killer (which makes the hatch change quite discutable, even tho the hatch standoff truly needs to go) or when they simply let you to die on the hook because they're SWF and "uses" you, but overall, it's allright and rather chill, at least in my experience at high ranks.

Low ranks seems VERY campy and pretty cancer tho, for survivor.

Thanks for the feedback!

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I have always been in favor of a SWF casual mode with bloodpoint incentives for the killer and a ranked mode for 2 SWF at max or maybe just straight up solo queue. I think it would be an experiment worth trying. People say it would split the player base and it some respects it very well could hurt queue times. On the other hand it might actually help the game. It would likely bring back old players that left out of frustration and the community and gameplay would be alot more healthy with this segregation which would lead to more people buying, playing and enjoying the game. There is a chance it could go south but their is also a chance it could vastly improve the game and expand its playerbase.

• Jack11803

Yeah, I agree. Could help but also could definitely go south.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

Still, as I just told you in a different post - a much smoother way to do this, and still let the developers keep their honestly great idea of an immersed game with no voice chat for solos is to create seperate balance for SWF queues and solo queues. Apply SWF balance to SWF queues, and solo balance to solo players. 4 man SWF will get slightly more balance, and the lobbies with 3 or 2 SWF and 2 or 1 solo will have specific nerfs for the SWF players.
    You will inevitably have snipers, but a few imbalanced SWF games per day is better than 80% of your games being imbalanced SWF games.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018

@RagingCalm said:
    Still, as I just told you in a different post - a much smoother way to do this, and still let the developers keep their honestly great idea of an immersed game with no voice chat for solos is to create seperate balance for SWF queues and solo queues. Apply SWF balance to SWF queues, and solo balance to solo players. 4 man SWF will get slightly more balance, and the lobbies with 3 or 2 SWF and 2 or 1 solo will have specific nerfs for the SWF players.
    You will inevitably have snipers, but a few imbalanced SWF games per day is better than 80% of your games being imbalanced SWF games.

They may be unable to do a complicated system like that. The game does run on Spaghetti code after all, so all codes are connected.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

@Jack11803 said:

@RagingCalm said:

They may be unable to do a complicated system like that. The game does run on Spaghetti code after all, so all codes are connected.

The devs have said multiple times that they want to completely recode the game in the near future.

The main thing I am seeing with this discussion is this - It is not possible to balance SWF without completely recoding the game or screwing some minority / majority over. I think it should simply be removed.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited June 2018

@RagingCalm said:
    The devs have said multiple times that they want to completely recode the game in the near future.

The main thing I am seeing with this discussion is this - It is not possible to balance SWF without completely recoding the game or screwing some minority / majority over. I think it should simply be removed.

Then the devs will lose 70% of the survivor player base.

You think lobbies take too long for a killer with the emblem system at high ranks, it'll be dead if its removed. That's why its a problem. Can't keep it in cause it breaks the game, can't remove it since everyone will just jump ship.

• Jack11803

@Mc_Harty said:

@RagingCalm said:

You think lobbies take too long for a killer with the emblem system at high ranks, it'll be dead if its removed. That's why its a problem. Can't keep it in cause it breaks the game, can't remove it since everyone will just jump ship.

I wasn’t joking when I named this thread...sadly...

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited June 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

@RagingCalm said:

BUT what they could do is at the very least give killers more incentive to not dodge it all the time, at least a points bonus would help bigtime really.

• Kiores
    Kiores Member Posts: 34

@Jack11803 said:
    The developers claim they want a 50% death/survival rate of all games. This is the only way to do it.

you are aware that the stats is 30/70, with 70% being dead survivors?
    aka, killers are in waaay above good as it stands now...

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Trust me my guy, I made a petition on the steam forums that got nearly 4k comments.

It's unlikely they'll do anything about it other than buff solo survivors for some reason.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Jack11803 said:
    Survivor balance is in a pickle, no ALL balance is in a pickle right now. Lots of people say looping, camping, etc. are really big problems...but why are t they being tackled.
    Here’s why; SWF. SWF throws balance out the window, not only does it make survivors strong....but the main core problem......now 3 sides need to be balanced, but 2 are tied together. As it currently is,with states including SWF matches saying that survivors survive rate is 50%-ish...that’s really bad. As we know SWF is much stronger than solo, that means, by logic, that SWF has roughly a 70-80% survive rate, while solo has only about 30%.
    How do we fix this? Well it’s near impossible. But the only way to fix this would be to make solo survivors have much more communication, and with the 3 sides becoming 2 again, be able to nerf survivors with out making solo queue a death sentence.

The reason why this hasn’t occurred...the developers don’t want to break “immersion”. But I think it needs to happen. We literally can achieve balance unless Solo is the same strength as SWF. That’s the only way to then balance killer vs. survivor.

All in all, immersion shouldn’t cost balance and elbow drop it in the jaw. It’s a price to pay, but survivors that are solo should have a voice chat (SURVIVOR ONLY; NOT PROXIMITY OR HEARABLE BY KILLER LIKE IN F13)

With that, solo would be of similar strength to SWF making solo overpowered just like it. Next killer and survivors could be balanced without making solo queue trash.

As of now, nerfing survivors would make SWF more fair, but solo would be ruined. Buffing solo would make SWF even more broken. So solo must be made of equal strength, so both can be nerfed or buffed without messing up the other.

Just because there are 70-80% swf doesn't mean they win all the time..

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

The game CAN be balanced. I even have an idea in the works that I think would be fair for the killer, solo quers, and SWFs

• Jack11803

@Zanfer said:

@Jack11803 said:

That’s not what that percent means. That means WHEN there is a SWF the survival rate is 70%, AKA not balanced/too strong. While solo life rate is 30% AKA unbalanced/ TOO WEAK

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Jack11803 said:

@Zanfer said:

@Jack11803 said:

That’s not what that percent means. That means WHEN there is a SWF the survival rate is 70%, AKA not balanced/too strong. While solo life rate is 30% AKA unbalanced/ TOO WEAK

Oh rate, makes more sense

• Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105

I still don't see why they cannot simply implement a system where surviving with friends reduces the perks you can use.

2 man = 3 perks
    3 man = 2 perks
    4 man = 1 perk

This would go a long way to help killers with organised teams like this. If I knew they could only have an exhaustion perk OR DS I would feel more comfortable rather than facing 3 DS's 3 Sprint Bursts and a Dead Hard

• Jack11803

@Steebear said:
    I still don't see why they cannot simply implement a system where surviving with friends reduces the perks you can use.

2 man = 3 perks
    3 man = 2 perks
    4 man = 1 perk

This would go a long way to help killers with organised teams like this. If I knew they could only have an exhaustion perk OR DS I would feel more comfortable rather than facing 3 DS's 3 Sprint Bursts and a Dead Hard

They can’t nerf SWF directly or sales will crash. Buffing solo then nerfing survivors as a whole prevents this.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

The reason the game can't be balanced is cause the devs are too afraid their cash cow (low level Survivor mains) will all quit the game cause they can't git gud

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@weirdkid5 said:
    The reason the game can't be balanced is cause the devs are too afraid their cash cow (low level Survivor mains) will all quit the game cause they can't git gud

Exactly, The devs have balls of Lint when it comes to remembering what kind of game they made and are supposed to still be making.