That's it. I quit killer. Uninstalled

Comments

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

See you next week.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Yep. Killers can get nerfs with no buffs in recompense, or buffs that don't do anything. But if survivors are getting something nerfed they get something buffed in response. Toolboxes actually seem better now. Sabotage got a lot easier, so its not just SWF that can be sabo bullies. Ruin got nerfed into oblivion and is basically useless. DS got 'nerfed' but in a lot of ways is far more powerful, as before usually only one person would get a DS off a round; where now all 4 will get a chance to get it off if the killer dosen't let them go for 60 ######### SECONDS. Its honestly ridiculous, I haven't played for over 2 months outside of checking out the PTB, and I only played that for a few matches to realized how this patch is overall a survivor buff. They just gave some crumbs to killers to try to appease them and make it sound like its a bunch of survivor nerfs.

• Tipper117
    Tipper117 Member Posts: 41

I hear ya man. All I can say is find popular killer streamers on twitch and read around the forums for tips. I know I've started a couple of threads getting advice from people recently on perk builds, specific killer strategies, etc. In the last month my killer game has excelled greatly and I was on a consistent track to red rank before the resets. Pretty sure I'll get there this time before the next reset. There's plenty out there teaching this game, and they're helpful.

It's also important to keep a cool head, and take a break when you can't. When i occasionally am getting stomped and I'm down to the last gen with only one hook, i just go to an exit gate and open it as soon as the last gen goes. I put my killer in a corner and set the controller down for a couple minutes while i get a snack or play with my doggos. End have collapse and being able to open a gate is one of the single greatest things to happen to this game because it allows you to end the game when it gets rough. This game definitely is balanced in favor of survivors currently, but it's still possible to succeed in high ranks. You just gotta remember it's only a game, keep a cool head, know when to take a break, and just brush off the losses. And try not to focus too much on that little rank number. Adds more unneeded stress sometimes.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

I read this in your post, "When you have to fight through a team of second chance perks with skin overlays with survs saying ApPlY mOrE pReSsUrE while all gens pop in less time it takes to wait in the lobby as a surv, it gets real old real fast"

I agree as a killer it is tough to fight through second chance perks and how annoying it can be to get DS 3 times or have slugs get back up and run away while you were trying to down someone else. This is however I feel as well though when the matches you to start with HEX and end with NOED and I still feel this way when I play Survivor and 80% of the killers on the platform I play use NOED.

I do not hate the use of any perk. I just hate the overuse and seeing them when I am normally paired with at least 2 players as a survivor who have no clue how to counter things.

It is really tough no matter what side you play and if you don't think so for the people that main killer try for a week for survivor solo que and just watch the perks some killers use and how dumb your partners can be.

In the end both sides if you take the game to serious make you want to rip your pubes out. lol

• Wylesong

I agree! There are some games even at peak times that I feel like it is more of a job training people who skipped the tutorial or just simply do not care to learn. I will say my BIGGEST PET PEEVE is survivors who go into a game without even one perk. All the character killer included can start with one personal perk so I hate seeing this. It really makes me think they did not take the time to read or learn and now it's my job to do everything.

• Wylesong

Well you are quick to judge and I have 1000k hours and I wait no longer than 2 minutes for a game but way to act like you know it all. I forgot PS4 is the only edition. I simply stated from my side of things survivor is not easy when you need to babysit people who cant do a gen and don't even think to equip perks.

Also get off your high horse and stop being a PS4 Fanboy

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

Ok, I really don't care. You probably aren't console so... Have a great time wherever you are.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

Would you stop going around antagonizing everyone. Every comment you have ever posted is bitter and hateful.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

I apologise but sometimes a lot of the comments annoy the hell out of me. Also you are the only person who is complaining about me.

• Wylesong

You can play with your friends without voice chat. I mean if you want to voice chat go for it but when you play killer and have survivors not needing a single vision perk because they are telling each other where you are then you will get mad. I hope you never have to play killer against SWF Teams. I do not care what people say if you are playing online with voice chat with friends you are also cheating. It makes perks like Kindred, Spine Chill, and Premonition not needed because you pretty much already have them in the form of voice chat between the other survivors.

I never said you shouldn't play with friends but being able to use more than 4 perks when the killer only gets 4 is a bit to strong.

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464

If you are rank 15 and play a swf group on coms all ranked in the red ranks you are going to get pummeled. I don't play killer but for dailies and I am a rank 16 as a killer. Recently, I played a rank 2 and a rank 4 (obviously swfs) and two others closer to my ranks. I was able to hook a couple, they killed my NOED, everyone escaped. But it works both ways. Played as a smurf, met a rank 20 survivor with 5 hours. He got smoked. I gave him some advice (like get rid of we'll make it and replace it with technician as he kept blowing gens left and right), we played together a few games. He got tunneled by some rank 19, he managed to outlive two other survivors in the next game, but still ended up hooked and dead. If you are new you'll get smoked--killer or survivor and new survivors have it worse than new killers of equal ranks anyone who has like 20 hours in game isn't going to do well against someone with 1500 hours.

And I have a swf team I play with and we play on comms and we still at least 50% of the time all or nearly all die. It is easier to wipe out four solos than four swfs...typically sure but they aren't nearly as strong as you make them out to be since often they go on these suicidal quests to save their friends and end up dying...something many solos simply won't do.

• kawaiikannibal
    kawaiikannibal Member Posts: 74

It's ok. I'll take your place.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Would you please quote all the toxic content that the OP has posted? I went back to reread it and I couldn't discover any of the toxicity that you mention.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
  • Lucian
    Lucian Member Posts: 51

That's not fixing the issue, merely trying to hide it.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
  • Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

The problem is balance and the Devs not working around it. Not survive with friends itself...

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270

Wow I skim read your post first and didn't realise you think that playing with friends and voicechat is cheating. How in god's name is it cheating if developers are all for it. You don't hear any developers saying that you shouldn't do it and they support it by adding SWF when practically anyone playing with friends is voicechatting. Why the ######### would I want to play with my friends if we weren't speaking, that would LITERALLY be like playing with strangers. You people are so illogical and blame the game on your lack of skill. Hate the player not the game, if you don't like it go but no one wants you here trying to ruin everyone's fun. Sure you may be unsociable and have no friends to play games with but don't try taking everyone else's ability to play with their friends away. I assure you if SWF was taken away you would have an even less enjoyable experience as people would go off dead by daylight so fast. Multiplayer games are meant to be sociable activities so take away the ability to play with friends and it's just utter #########. Go play a single player game if you have no one to play with but don't try to blame other people for your lack of social skills and inability to accept people enjoy speaking to their friends while playing

• Nakedwildman
    Nakedwildman Member Posts: 198

the only killer thing i can see in your post is your avatar. Every else point you mentioned is way to unlogic, and not even "make able"...

Next time try better lies ;)

• Nakedwildman

youre right, on rank 20 against survivors with 5 hours playtime that have problems with their controls, youre right. In any other case youre wrong, little survivor...

• Okoru
    Okoru Member Posts: 144

Well, with 2-3k hours and your at least rank 15 or higher? Might not be your game my friend..

• Vetrathene

Yep, I feel like this game was originally made with passion and with a vision, but it was all too quickly corrupted by the sudden success and influx of cash, and now they don't know how to or don't want to stop.

• Oberon
    Oberon Member Posts: 84

And it's a shame. I remember playing earlier on before SWF and being absolutely terrified of the killer popping around the corner. Now, though, it's just... Nothing. Oh, there's the killer. Let me run him around and get hooked because I know the SWF duo on my team are coordinating and will be able to get me. No worries.

• Nakedwildman

youre right, i thought i saw a bubba face as avatar. anyways, your "kill rates" are totally non-sense in highrank...

• Vetrathene

Or even more likely rank 20, as they've talked about that before because its the 'majority'. No other competitive game balances this way.

• Wylesong

If developers were for it then why is voice chat not standard in game like it is in Friday the 13th? I could understand voice chat in that and it make more sense because you can only hear each other when near each other or you have walkie talkies.

Just because they do not say they aren't against it means they are all for it and when did when did they add SWF voice chat?

How do you not see it as cheating when you as 4 survivors have almost complete vision of the map by communication mean before even picking your 4 perks you already without needing to pick them now have Spine Chill, Kindred, and Premonition?

I also like that just because I want to keep it fair to killer equals me not having friends. I love how quickly it sinks to elementary level name calling and bullying. I have friends and I 100% have fun and play with friends on this game WITHOUT voice chat. I call them ask them to hop on we play and then we go out for drinks and laugh about how the matches went. I like to play the game the way it was built and not turn it into a Call of Duty game and Scream, KILLER SOUTH OF YOU RUN RUN RUN! Good luck trying to tell people voice chat is not cheating. I am not saying it is horrible but personally I won't use it and neither will my friends because we rely on skill and the 4 perks we pick not 4 plus the extra ones voice chat provides. We use voice chat in games that provide it.

Waiting for your reply and I am gonna guess it should be after you wake up because of bedtime and all. =)

• Wylesong
    edited March 2020

A couple questions and I will list them.

When did developers say they are all for SWF? I am just asking not to be mean but looking for the article stating this.

Also just because developers don't say you shouldn't do it does that mean it is okay? If your mom specifically does not say, "Don't kick me in the face?", does that mean she must be okay if you do it?

If developers were 100% on board why have they not added voice chat standard like fortnite from the start or with any patch and why do you have to use other ways to voice chat with friends?

How is it not cheating if you get the standard perks you pick PLUS all the vision perks because you can keep constant eyes on the killer by communicating? This means the entire team gets the 4 perks they pick plus the 3 standard vision perks of Spine Chill, Premonition, and Kindred and leaves the killers with only 4. Yeah I can see how that is fair and fun. It sounds like easy mode.

Also why does playing a game the way it was meant to played, without voice chat, mean people have no friends?

I have friends and we do play games together, even this one and we play it the way it was built. I guess unlike you I do not have to talk from a headset because me and my friends can play a game without voice chat and then meet up later at a restaurant or bar and laugh about matches. If you want to play a game and voice chat there is MANY games with it built in standard without needing to use other means. I am not against having fun with friends but if making it unfair for the killer is fun for you then by all means keep doing it but me and my friends like to give the killer a fair chance AND use skill not just scream I SEE THE KILLER! We like a challenge. I mean I guess we could put on our headsets for this one game but why when the game was originally built to be a horror survival. If they wanted I wouldn't even mind voice chat in the way they did in Friday the 13th where you can only hear each other local. That is more realistic but being able to tell each other exactly where the killer is at all times....yeah that seems fair. It has nothing to do with NOT having friends but more about keeping the game balanced. I will await your name calling response but I will not sink to your level.

Post edited by Wylesong on
  • Fengmin200
    Fengmin200 Member Posts: 64

Exactly! And I know people who will make a funny face when they will have to wait 20 hours to find a killer ..!🤣

Personally I bought all the license killers ... Demogorgon, is the biggest disappointment! In the free killers, the nurse was my first .. they literally killed him!

Right now, I'm switching between survivors and killers, because I arrested killer for survivor. But as a survivor I don't have the impression of gaining points .. I play the generators ......

Maybe the people who don't care today will cry for us to come back tomorrow.🙃

• Wylesong

Take your time but kind of waiting for your answer's to my last post. I am just trying to open a real discussion. Also have been looking all over the internet in search of the developers saying they were all for voice chat. Please give me insight if possible and feel free to answer the questions at your leisure. I am sure it will take some time to find the sources because I am having issues myself.

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364

How are YOU being bullied and tainted as the killer? 😂 you’re the killer. It’s a game of points in my opinion not kills. If you get the kill, so be it. If not don’t sweat it. You get tons of points for chasing and downing other people. Even if all 4 make it out still as killer you get a fair amount of points. Also, some of these smaller maps such as haddonfield mike Myers map are extremely killer sided. Gen control gets a little too easy and it’s difficult for survivors. The inside maps with tight corridors are also tough. Map design doesn’t favor the survivors either being the fact that there are SO many dead ends and with that lunging long range melee attacks killers have I’d rather vaults not even be in the game at all. I step foot on the other side of those things and take a few steps and killers smash you into the ground from the other side. I’m looking back 100% of the time as to how far back the killer/vault were and it’s not close at all. You’re mad because survivors have a group of people who have learned maps and loops well. If you came into this game 4King like a lot of killers still do then it wouldn’t be fun on survivor side. Why the hell are there so many of you killers that just expect to get your 4Ks? Survivors don’t get points for dying. I shouldn’t be looking at a scoreboard where one teammate tried his hardest keeping the killer occupied, gets tunneled and dies leaving with 5-10K points while killers walk out with 20-30. Gen control is easy sometimes . Just have fun chasing people until they get away or fall into your traps or make a mistake. If they don’t, oh well.

• Wylesong

Thank you very much =) I tried and could not find it myself. I appreciate it.

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364

I can tell you newer survivor mains are gonna quit if they keep buffing killers. You guys want gen speed slowed down but gen control can be really tough with these horrible map designs. You wonder why you keep getting rank 1 survivors because that’s all that’s left 😂 4/5 people don’t come in to amuse you at all. From speed to ranged abilities it almost makes me want to rip my hair out in disgust looking at all these People complain about survivors surviving or t bagging you, or taunting you.... you’re the MF killer. I’ve been worked over by killers that come in with really good tactics. People taunt you because they have a system that works quit being a little you know what.. 😂

that DS perk needs a bigger skill check imo . If it takes up a perk slot AND is very situational when available to use it has every right to Have a Near guaranteed use

• Wylesong
    edited March 2020

I will say though it seems like they are okay with it because they also have no real way to prove who is and isn't using it. They kind of even say, "As a result, voice chat is not cheating. But assuming it was, how would we enforce this?". They continue to say how hard it would be to prove who is using their phones and other things for voice chat and it would turn into a mess. They cannot ban people on simple speculation so the only real option is to say, sure we are okay with it because we have no real way to combat it.

I kind of think of it like the day when people played games like Golden Eye on N64 and looked at each other screens. How can you prove a friend looked at where you are? You can't so the only thing you can do is accept it and keep playing and getting killed.

• Wylesong

I am all for voice chat in game. I do like this game actually because when I play solo que I would hate having bullies or young kids screaming like they do in Friday the 13th. I like how the voice chat works in Friday the 13th where you can only hear each other when close to each other OR if you both have walkies.

I will also take back my statement about it being cheating but being fair I still stand by it is not fair to the killers. I honestly feel bad for killers that have to deal with this. I use to think it was funny but then I watched more videos of it, one even being a Developer himself going against a SWF team and just thought wow. It really provides a much stronger boost to the survivor team when you can clearly keep in contact from any point in the map and plan your tactics. It is like having all the vision sight perks PLUS the 4 each survivor picks vs the killer with only 4 perks and standard vision.

I agree with some people that said there should be an option to go against friends playing on mics but you as the killer also get extra BP for maybe working much harder. The fear then I have seen from people and I believe even a developer, sorry trying to find that article again, is that if killers can tell they are going against a SWF team then there is a high chance you will see a lot of killers dodging in favor of a Solo que game of survivors.

I love this game and I love how it plays without mics BUT just to repeat myself it does not mean I am against playing with friends. It just means there needs to be a more balancing way for the killer to play then to without hurting solo survivor players. I think either let the killer decide they want to play against friends on mic for extra BP or maybe something else.

• Oberon

If you're missing DS skill checks, you're already trash at the game...

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Please stick to COD. Playing killer is easier than it has ever been. 1-2 minute 4ks are nothing special these days considering most red ranks have as much playtime in the game as... Well... You.

• Oberon

Survivor main detected... You could provide constructive feedback instead of insulting a new player, you know. Or do you want DBD to die out?

They're obviously new to the game and haven't figured out how to apply the minor amount of pressure that killers have available against coordinated teams. They likely won't be able to learn until ranks are fixed. Encouraging them not to play the game is a terrible response.

• Yamaoka
  • Oberon

Wow. So, instead of arguing the points, discussing the issues, or (God forbid) apologizing for telling a new player to quit, you start posting stats.

4ks in 2 minutes? You know what? I'm impressed. Potato survivors like that are rare.

• Yamaoka

The reason most killers of this forum struggle is quite simply lack of skill. Easily 99% of all survivors can be downed in a few seconds yet half this forum acts like everyone was a 5 gen looper. I don't support bad killers who want the devs to balance around 4ks without skills. Either get better at the game or don't expect to 4k. Simple as.

• Oberon

You haven't been paying attention to high tier killer players who make videos about this have you? You aren't looking at the numbers... Are you really so deluded that you think a team of survivors who play perfectly against a killer who plays perfectly will lose? The devs have placed an entire hand on the scale in the survivors' favor. If survivors play optimally, they will always win. Always.

Getting a 4k as a killer is not easy against good survivors; it's nigh impossible against competitive SWF. You're obviously either playing not on PC or not on the NA servers to be getting 4ks in 2 minutes. Those are just silly numbers.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    edited March 2020

A 4K in two is a staged match no matter what you post. 10 seconds is the fastest you can reach the spawn on a small map.

2 hits if they never run from you 25 seconds

Move to a hook 30 seconds

Another survivor stands behind him grab. Bring to hook 45 seconds

Another survivor stands behind drag to hook 1 minute

4th survivor grabbed at hook no chase 85 seconds

Now at this point each of them have to give up all struggles or its literally impossible.

A match like this at all is hard to speed run if you have stationary targets for 2 minutes in kill ur freinds.. if anyone runs at all or if you get hits instead of grabs you cant have a 2minute game.

You cannot in any shape or form naturally have a 2 minute 4k games.

Staged or throwing

I recommend you be kinder in life.