Why should I be the last minute hero?

When the gens are finished and I've got my BP nearly max everything except for survival why should I go back into the game and risk my 5k BP at the very end ,because you went down and wanted to be saved?

Why does anyone care that i leave early? The team worked together because it's the best chance for survival. So when my survival is guarentee why shouldn't I take it?

Comments

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

You aren't obligated to. People that die will be salty no matter what, just learn how to feed on their salt, it pairs well with a rib-eye steak and steamed broccoli.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

Because when you die game after game after game like i die, you get ballsy and pull of some crazy #########. I stopped caring.

Gonna start equipping meta perks like everybody else soon. My surv rate is less than %3. I am counting it and keeping track of stats in my games.

How many times i get out. How many the killer kill ect. If they tunneled. If they morid.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351
    edited February 2020

If you were productive the whole match then you have the right to leave. It's scummy but you earned the right to do so. It's players that don't do anything to help the team and end up escaping right away that don't have the right to do so. If you don't want to risk being killed, then the least you could do is 99 the gates and just stay there, that way the others have more time to save each other without being pressured by the Endgame Collapse. If you're at the exit gate and it's 99'd, then you're completely safe, and you buy your team more time to gather their bearings. If the killer has NOED though, then just yeet yourself out of their ASAP. Personally I'm a martyr in all situations (even with NOED) but I can't expect anyone else to play the same way.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

My rule of thumb is: it's better one of us makes it than neither of us, so if I'm more likely to die than live if I save them, I'm not going to do it. I see nothing wrong with this, and I don't think anyone is in the wrong by saving themselves over someone else. I've been on both sides of the situation and while it does suck to get left behind it sucks even more to watch a 3 escape turn into a 1 escape because everyone came back like an idiot when there was slim to no chance of getting the save without trading off or worse

Also I tend to not run meta perks so I usually don't have any perks like BT or something, and I don't count on anyone else having certain perks either because I don't want to die or get someone killed because I guessed wrong

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

No obligation to, just you won't get that pip if you don't. It's pretty obvious you can't be selfish at all in this game. The entire survivor emblem system is based around playing survivor like a team game.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I'll only ever say you're a jerk for leaving early in a situation such as: everyone's alive, and healthy, killer doesn't have NOED, if you have BT...

But of course, if you want your BP and it's seeming risky then I wouldn't consider it a scummy move.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

No it's not. A single person not being rescued will not tank your emblem score that much. Especially if you've been productive the rest of the game.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

But, can I like never go for saves? Like i've been following this 2 heals, and 2 saves rule for my games too - then let them all fend for themselves, but at the same time. When the killer is downing all 3 of the survivors because they would sooner bum rush a killer on hook rather than finishing gens. It feels bad when I de-pip for taking the free win mechanic, or opening the door when the Killer closes the free win mechanic.

(ngl i'm hella boosted too, i'm deffiently no better than like green ranks. I'm pretty sure it's OoO that's carrying me to red ranks, either that or Dead Hard, or DS. Unbreakable, now that is a crutch perk when it's needed).

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

If the joy for you is in escaping, that's okay. People can't dictate what you find fun about the game. I guess some people will get indignant because they think of it as a team game -- which it is, but it's not. That's one of the cool things about it, I think.

Anyway, you're under no obligation to endanger yourself to rescue teammates, especially if the odds aren't looking good. Just because they would doesn't mean they should expect it in return. You're not doing anything wrong by enjoying the game your own way.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

3% escape rate? But gens go by so fast!! Killers have nothing to stop survivors!!

But back to the topic - no, you don’t “have” to save someone (especially if NOED is in play or it’s an instadown killer) but it would be nice of you to make an attempt.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
  • Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I assess the situation before I rush for a save during End-Game. If the killer is clearly camping, or has NOED, I'm gone. If theres a chance I can save someone, I'll try, but I play for me. If I leave without saving someone, then so be it.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

you don't have to go back if you don't want to but if you've pretty much maxed out everything then why wouldn't you? you aren't going to lose blood points and you will pip anyway so its not like you are really losing or risking anything if you go back for the save.

99% of the time i will go back for the survivor because i know that if it was me on the hook i would like to be saved (wouldn't be angry if i wasn't but it's always nice to know that your "team" has your back) the only time i am hesitant is if a killer like billy or bubba or tier 3 myers is camping or there is noed. then it becomes a bit difficult. it's still possible to save though. i had a game with a camping nurse whose noed was next to the hooked survivor. (this is during end game) and our team still managed to save and everyone got out. in my opinion it's worth saving, i don't like leaving anyone behind if i can help it but again, its completely up to you, you aren't obliged to do anything.

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

I think this depends on the survivors perks also. a lot of games where myself or my team mates go for the save, they get it and everyone still alive escapes. the killer didn't have noed in the attached videos but one of the saves was in the basement...a lot of people will just leave if a survivor is in basement getting camped. i didn't know any of the survivors who saved or i saved so there was no communicating going on. i still think its worth it. but thats just my opinion.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

I mean you don't need to. Sometimes I do it and sometimes I don't. What tends to determine it is if I think there's a real chance of escape and how good the person that got played and whether or not the killer is being toxic. It's not surprising that when it's very easy to actually save the person and the killer don't even try to stop the unhook that people don't like it. That's the way I see it anyways. I'm not a dick or selfish.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

Put it this way - you get no additional points if they make it out the door with you. But if you go for the save, there's a strong chance that you don't make it out the door.

So if one of them has to die, better them than me.

• LeonardPChurch
    LeonardPChurch Member Posts: 24

yeah, and then 90 % of the time after you make the save, the guy you saved just runs straight out the exit gate. Once that happens to you, as a solo q, 5-6 times, especially with this toxic community, you learn to just roll. The killer has no purpose other than to camp the hook once the gates are powered. "Inherent game desgin flaw # 409"

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2020

If there is a chance I can pull the save off I go for it, but I dont expect people to do the same for me as its stupid.

Just few games ago pulled Borrowed Time + Deadhard save on endgame collapse and everyone made it out. What made it even better is that the killer camped since the first hook.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

I am solo que. No communications. With three other swf i am last on the last. I even get abused by them. They body blocked me a few games ago for daring to get a totem that they needed. I got body blocked till the killer was close and then guess who got hit?

I dont use meta perks either and i am startign to change my mind now with the pathetic %2 surv rate.

I am seeing an increase in tunneling A massive increase. To the point that i am being ignored if i try to take a hit for them. The game is turning a really nasty corner.

Its funny. On one hand i never get out but as killer i see nothing but 4ks as well.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

Good god. Like, I'm not being cute or funny, but it sounds like you might be a sociopath. I personally play a team game because I like helping my teammates. It's nice when they help me, too. Crazy how that works. It boggles the mind that you're on here looking for justification for your selfish play style.

I had a game today where I got a gen about 80% done on my own before two teammates, Bill and Quentin, came to help me finish it. They heard the heartbeat and hid, I purposely stayed on the gen a second longer so she'd chase me, assuming they'd finish it while I was being chased. They finished the gen and I got slugged. No worries though, there was no NOED (I did all the totems), I was close to the gate, and it was only my second hook. Quentin went to open the gate while Bill got chased and injured. Now they both knew there was no NOED too. I fully recovered and started towards the gate, and Quentin left without taking a single step towards me to try to save me.

Why do people think you should help them? Because they helped you, whether you know it or not, and that Quentin certainly did know. Those two got out because of my unselfish play, and neither tried to save me, but at least the Bill made sense. He was injured and could have died. Quentin literally could not have lost the game no matter what, that's how close to the gate we were, and he chose to not even try.

I also make saves because I know what it's like to have ######### teammates not even try. Pretty frustrating. I've found that playing the game is fun, and one way to get better is to not be too scared and selfish to actually play. But you know, play however you want. Lots of people play like you, but it's a shame.

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425

Allow me to tell what happen during the match it was against a wraith at azoraf resting place where I completed 2 to 3 gens unhooked 2 times healed around 4 survivors and got chased for 2 to 3 min until he left to look for another survivor. I need to do the challenge the great escape so I saw the survivor go down and open the gate immediately after they got hooked and then later i was called out that I was a bad teammate all 3 of them died and no he didn't have noed.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

People think this is a team game, it's not. If you're not at the gate, or very near to me on hook, I will dip. Not about to trade hook states with you because I don't run second chance perks.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747
    edited February 2020

Because it's not about the bloodpoints, it's about getting good. If you always play safe and scared and leave, you'll be an eternal n00b.

I rather die trying than escaping like a coward for virtual points that don't really matter.

It's a game, play it.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

Well, first of all because if everyone would think for themselves, the best chance for survival is not always to be a team player. For example you could be a Blendette with a key, abuse the crow system to never let them spawn, bring a key and well, who cares about the team, right?

Another example: you are being chased, use Bond to find other survivors and soft sand bag them by bringing the killer to them, especially if they are injured / doing something useful. You increased your survival (at least, for now), but you decreased the survival of the team.

Now back to the end game: if you escape early you are not only doing something wrong for the team (just the simple opening of the Exit Gate leaves the team in trouble due to EGC), but you are also missing out in gameplay experience. 5k BP is really not much, especially considering that whatever happens to you, you'll gain at least some BP, so it's more like a 2-3.5k BP more that you would get by escaping early.

Is it worth to trade 3k BP for the opportunity to improve as a player, enjoy the game and not some virtual numbers going (slightly) up and do something good for the team? That's up to you.

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267
    edited February 2020

I only leave if there is only me and a guy on the hook it is obvious someone is gonna die and I don't see why I have to sacrifice myself for some random dude. I only try to save if there is more than 2 people in the game alive and it is not a face camping leather face because we all know what happens a whole team tries to save from a leatherface, 4 people on the ground in 2 seconds :D

• KingOfBadRNG

I believe I worded this wrong if I had max bp for every category except for survival why should I go back into the game where I risk to lose my 5k bp for escaping.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

Well, let's compromise:

if you have 8k bp in every other category, I'll forgive you if you leave early. If you are not, you'll come to save me. Fair?

• KingOfBadRNG
    edited February 2020

Well if its it's not 6 to 8 k in every category except for survival. sure because there blood points on the line.

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156

Probably because it's the most exciting and fun part of a survivor match.

"Sorry guys, I know we could work together for a risky and thrilling last-minute save, but there's enough BP to buy a broken key on the line here. I'm just gonna head out."

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

It's all situational in my opinion. How far away is the hook? What perks does the survivor have to help them once they are saved? Who is the killer? What loops are safe or unsafe to use? Normally if it's a basement bubba or a NOED killer and everyone else is leaving I'll drop my goo and say adieu! But if I know they are decent runner or looper and other survivors to distract the killer than sure I'll be a hero and get that sweet unhook. Works well We're Gonna Live Forever tbh.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Dat moment when survivors make a rulebook for themselves and finally go insane.

• PB182
    PB182 Member Posts: 80

I'm one of those players where I'd much rather you escape than me. So I'm more likely to take a hit or go for a dangerous save. I all the perks from all the characters that I currently purchased and I'm maxed at a million bloodpoints. So I really don't mind and naturally im a altruistic player anyway

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230

I recently ran into someone with this kind of mindset. We were on Meat Plant versus Pig where I started two Gens myself, looped the Killer for awhile and saved a Jane from being downed twice by blocking Pig but when I ran to a Dwight with the killer on my ass while injured, hoping he'd block for me, he didn't. He just booked it then took the time to open a gate and leave. When I asked what his problem was he said he wasn't obligated, we weren't a team and he didn't want to get hit.

So to answer your question, OP: It's a moral decision. Being that you could have saved your fellow Survivor from certain death for which they would have been grateful or you could have been the selfish coward that you are and leave them to die for which they will hate you and if they see you again, they may remember the prick that's a selfish Survivor and make no efforts to save you. That, OP, is Karma.

I tend to think of it like this, everyone contributed to your Survival so you should make any effort you can to show your gratitude if given the opportunity, such as blocking the Killer from downing someone to going for that last save at the end of the game but not to go out of your way if it means you'll most certainly die as well (Eg: A facecamping Bubba). In that case they should understand.

However! If you just run straight to a gate and open it so you can leave, you're selfish act may have doomed a Survivor on a hook that could have been saved by the other two Survivors that aren't cowards because now you put a timer on, now they have limited time for an opportunity to save the Survivor and now you just contributed to the hooked Survivor's possible death.

People aren't making their own individual efforts so YOU can get out alive. They're doing it so everyone can get out alive. This is not a solo 1v1 game, if it were, you would be starting all five gens yourself against a Killer. This is a team effort of 4v1 where everyone contributes in one way or another so you should help each other to do just that, survive.