The Grind is Extremely Unnecessary and a Major Turnoff

Options

Title says it all.

Why do I have to spend 500+ hours in this game so I can THEN start to have fun? It's not fun being new to this game, going against Rank 2 Killers/Survivors when there's absolutely nothing that I could've done due to lack of resource/Perks.

Having to spend hours on characters that I have absolutely no interest in just to get a single Perk that possibly could be horrible in a build is honestly garbage tier design.

If there was a way that I could just unlock every Perk in the game through a paywall, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I want to have fun. I don't want to be stressed and annoyed over the game just not being fun due to tedious grind.

Games are for fun. Just let people have fun.

Comments

• SxfetyPin
    SxfetyPin Member Posts: 9
    Options

To anyone who could say,"BuT pAY tO WiN."

It could just be level one of every Perk. It doesn't need to be max everything.

I'm just tired of every game being a job. I just want to have fun and experiment with my friends, rather than feel like a detriment to everyone else's experience.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

I agree to some extent.

I can live with having to unlock perks by leveling a character. The thing i would change is once a perk has been unlocked it should show up for every character by default and should not require you to spend more bloodpoints to obtain.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options

The grind was a TURN ON for me. I could't stop playing till I had every killer P3 all perks. Now when i have everything, im waiting for another chapter, to max the new killer. It took me 2000 hours if someone is intrested.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

I like the grind with new chars. Its a chance to be forced to try new builds and improve getting out of confort zone.

• SxfetyPin
    SxfetyPin Member Posts: 9
    Options

Yeah, you can have that. I just want a way to skip the chore. I want to play the game and enjoy my time.

Even if it is through a paywall, I'd gladly skip every inch if grind in this game.

The grind isn't fun. Only limits and frustrates me.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517
    Options

The grind isn’t that bad with all honesty, you can unlock a teachable perk pretty easy if you set yourself out to do it. I believe the main issue is prestiging needs a better reward for the grind

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

I think all the tier 1 perks you acquire should stay when you prestige a character.

• Dad
    Dad Member Posts: 19
    Options

Isn't that the point of the Kill Your Friends feature?

I thought everything was unlocked in that mode?

Get a group together and have the fun you're demanding without paying for it.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,395
    Options

I think we can make all perks just have 1 level (maxed out obv.) and it would help a ton. The grind would still be there, it just would not be as gigantic as it is now.

• soshidow
    soshidow Member Posts: 104
    Options

You realise that the time you spend enjoying the perks you have is the time that will unlock new perks to enjoy, so you can experience them all over time.

and if you're thinking "no! i want to play with very specific builds right now!" well then that's not going to require every single teachable so it wont take as long.

• Williamz
    Williamz Member Posts: 143
    Options

Eventually it will get to a point where there will be too many perks and they will and should have to go back to the way it was back in the day. Instant unlock fully of a perk.

• Forge
    Forge Member Posts: 33
    Options

They need to reduce the cost of things in the blood web. It should be 1,500, 3000, 4,000 and 5,000