Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Camping

8BITLORD
8BITLORD Member Posts: 27

I equally enjoy survivor and killerino. What do you guys think of camping tho?

I personally feel it can be a viable tool at the right moments.

Comments

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

camping is a subjective term. its in relation to other survivors.... if they're close, you're 'guarding the hook'. if they're far away, you're 'wasting your time'.... 'camping' is just a dirty label made for survivors to shame killers into doing what they want....

• DreadfulProton
    DreadfulProton Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2018

@deadwolfwalking said:
    camping is a subjective term. its in relation to other survivors.... if they're close, you're 'guarding the hook'. if they're far away, you're 'wasting your time'.... 'camping' is just a dirty label made for survivors to shame killers into doing what they want....

Yes. And "toxic" is a misused label killers use for survivors who use the tactics made available by the devs to out play the killer. There are legitimate reasons to camp as killer for sure. But camping your first hook with no one else near you is not only a waste of time, but rightfully labelled as camping. The glorious moment when the pig downs the first survivor, tea bags, then camps, should in no way be frowned upon lol.

• deadwolfwalking

@DreadfulProton said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Yes. And "toxic" is a misused label killers use for survivors who use the tactics made available by the devs to out play the killers. There are legitimate reasons to camp as killer for sure. But camping your first hook with no one else near you is not only a waste of time, but rightfully labelled as camping. The glorious moment when the pig downs the first survivor, tea bags, then camps, should in no way be frowned upon lol.

you're absolutely right....

• DreadfulProton

@deadwolfwalking said:

@DreadfulProton said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Yes. And "toxic" is a misused label killers use for survivors who use the tactics made available by the devs to out play the killers. There are legitimate reasons to camp as killer for sure. But camping your first hook with no one else near you is not only a waste of time, but rightfully labelled as camping. The glorious moment when the pig downs the first survivor, tea bags, then camps, should in no way be frowned upon lol.

Yes, I know.

• deadwolfwalking

@DreadfulProton

thats where this forum becomes beneficial.... instead of reworking necessary and vital components of a game that we all love, we can discuss things and maybe come to an understanding that certain ppl need to change.... not perks or maps or items....

• DreadfulProton

@deadwolfwalking said:
    @DreadfulProton

thats where this forum becomes beneficial.... instead of reworking necessary and vital components of a game that we all love, we can discuss things and maybe come to an understanding that certain ppl need to change.... not perks or maps or items....

Well, that's just fundamentally incorrect. The benefit of the forum is to share ideas and help the devs with balancing the game. Most ideas are terrible but it's the gems that devs definitely consider.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@deadwolfwalking said:
    @DreadfulProton

can't change anyone, but shows who can play well together.

• deadwolfwalking

@DreadfulProton

balance in this game is a pipe dream. never happen.... too many variables.... it will always favor the killer or the survivors.... its nice to think about balance.... its a great concept. but at the end of the day, somebody is getting ******....

• Zanfer

@deadwolfwalking said:
    @DreadfulProton

balance in this game is a pipe dream. never happen.... too many variables.... it will always favor the killer or the survivors.... its nice to think about balance.... its a great concept. but at the end of the day, somebody is getting ******....

Indeed, every game you go into is going to be different. If you are the killer you are most of the time going against 4 different survivors. As survivor you can always be going against a different killer. Those types of variables also make every game mostly different.

Now there are exceptions to these due to low que times at certain periods of the day in certain timezones, but my point is that in a dbd game, anything can happen depending on those variables. Someone will always get ************** and that is that.

• deadwolfwalking

@Zanfer

but my thought is - if enough survivors and killers come to the realization that we need the other to play this game, maybe we won't be so quick to walk all over the other one each time the opportunity presents itself.... i know empathy is a survivor perk.... but its amazing how few survivors actually have it.... and killers too, for that matter....

• Zanfer

@deadwolfwalking said:
    @Zanfer

but my thought is - if enough survivors and killers come to the realization that we need the other to play this game, maybe we won't be so quick to walk all over the other one each time the opportunity presents itself.... i know empathy is a survivor perk.... but its amazing how few survivors actually have it.... and killers too, for that matter....

totally agree with you. we all love this game and I never understood why one side fought each other. Whenever I play survivor and I die to the killers hand. I give him props cause he was suppose to kill me and that is his goal in the end of the game. As killer I want to kill people. If I kill people than I kill people.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Camping is sometimes necessary but is also a lot of the time counter productive, unless you really dont like a particular survivor.

Personally, I dont really care about camping as long as the first hook with like 5 gens left isn't a camp. If you wanna do it, go for it I understand the need to snowball to win the game. It's no more cheesy than camping in any other game honestly.

• DreadfulProton

@deadwolfwalking said:
    @Zanfer

Wanting everyone to come to an understanding seems like more of a pipe dream than balancing the game.

• deadwolfwalking

@DreadfulProton

i guess they're both equally un-achievable then.... maybe a healthy blend of both would work as well....

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Camping is alright.

Facecamping is not alright. It's kinda crappy that killers can facecamp early on. Whether or not it succeeds, it ruins the game for that individual and arguably the killer as well.

There needs to be more done. BT is not enough. There have been a few good suggestions so far on the forums, and I hope the devs try one.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

This subject is as old as the game....so let's end it here:

1) Players take it personal when they shouldn't
    2) It's a killers choice to camp, doing so frees other players to complete objectives
    3) It has never been "bannable"
    4) Nothing needs changed

• Undying_Zombie
    Undying_Zombie Member Posts: 40

I personally do not like doing it. However if I feel in the situation I have to I will. For example if the gates are powered and I have someone on a hook. Odds are I am going to keep that person on the hook and camp them. Not always but a decent amount of time I will.

There are also times when people just swarm the hook. I do not consider that camping when I am not able to leave due to how the survivors are playing.. But some people do consider it camping so I am listing this. Do not give me a chance to leave the hook? Then that is on the survivors for not trying to be stealthy at all.

Then there are those who lead me back to the hooked player while I am chasing them.. Its like.. ######### you doing, you are killing that hooked person you know that right? XD

• Zanfer

@Visionmaker said:
    Camping is alright.

Facecamping is not alright. It's kinda crappy that killers can facecamp early on. Whether or not it succeeds, it ruins the game for that individual and arguably the killer as well.

There needs to be more done. BT is not enough. There have been a few good suggestions so far on the forums, and I hope the devs try one.

Yeah it is ######### if it happens, but it doesn't happen most games.

• SquirtleSurgeon1
    SquirtleSurgeon1 Member Posts: 70

@FSB75 said:
    This subject is as old as the game....so let's end it here:

1) Players take it personal when they shouldn't
    2) It's a killers choice to camp, doing so frees other players to complete objectives
    3) It has never been "bannable"
    4) Nothing needs changed

It is personal when the killer ONLY face camps you and only you then doesn't do it to everyone else.
    also yes it does let other complete objectives but when there's only 3 that are able to it slows the game a lot.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04&t=2s

For anyone that comes in here claiming camping needs fixing or was unintended.

• SlipperyFunTime
    SlipperyFunTime Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2018

@deadwolfwalking said:

@DreadfulProton said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

What is this "rightfully labelled as camping" nonsense? Anytime a killer hangs around anything, whether it be a particular gen or exit or hooked survivor, that killer is camping. The only question is whether people should feel entitled to complain about camping as if the killer did something wrong. In my opinion the answer is NEVER. A survivor should never complain about camping as if the killer did something wrong. The killer isn't there to be an artificial intelligence for the survivor and make sure everyone has a good time.

This is a competition. The killer is not the friend of the survivor. The killer doesn't need any opinion by the survivor on how he should camp "correctly" or not at all.

If you flip the situation the absurdity of this is clear. Would a killer lecture a survivor that he looped too much, or at the wrong time? Do killers make up goofy words for the "sins" of survivors, like calling anyone who uses a flashlight a "flasher" and then whining like babies every time someone uses a flashlight? You know, as if using a flashlight is a sin and the survivor should feel guilty. Do killers justify disconnecting because of an A-hole "flasher" or some other such nonsense? In other words, the survivor didn't play the way the killer wanted the survivor to play, therefore WAAA!

Worst thing about this game is the entitlement survivors have about camping/tunneling. Survivors need to get it through their thick skulls that camping/tunneling are not "wrong-play sins." They need to get it through their thick skulls that killers can camp/tunnel whenever and however they want. If by some miracle the survivors accepted camping/tunneling as legitimate tactics for killers the toxicity in the DBD community would go down by at least 80%.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018

@deadwolfwalking said:

@DreadfulProton said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

What is this "rightfully labelled as camping" nonsense? Anytime a killer hangs around anything, whether it be a particular gen or exit or hooked survivor, that killer is camping. The only question is whether people should feel entitled to complain about camping as if the killer did something wrong. In my opinion the answer is NEVER. A survivor should never complain about camping as if the killer did something wrong. The killer isn't there to be an artificial intelligence for the survivor and make sure everyone has a good time.

This is a competition. The killer is not the friend of the survivor. The killer doesn't need any opinion by the survivor on how he should camp "correctly" or not at all.

If you flip the situation the absurdity of this is clear. Would a killer lecture a survivor that he looped too much, or at the wrong time? Do killers make up goofy words for the "sins" of survivors, like calling anyone who uses a flashlight a "flasher" and then whining like babies every time someone uses a flashlight? You know, as if using a flashlight is a sin and the survivor should feel guilty. Do killers justify disconnecting because of an A-hole "flasher" or some other such nonsense? In other words, the survivor didn't play the way the killer wanted the survivor to play, therefore WAAA!

Worst thing about this game is the entitlement survivors have about camping/tunneling. Survivors need to get it through their thick skulls that camping/tunneling are not "wrong-play sins." They need to get it through their thick skulls that killers can camp/tunnel whenever and however they want. If by some miracle the survivors accepted camping/tunneling as legitimate tactics for killers the toxicity in the DBD community would go down by at least 80%.

See but the funny thing is some killer players actually do all those things you listed minus the calling them a “flasher” part (they use the word toxic instead) so I don’t understand why you seem to think the survivors are the only entitled ones. 
  • AlexAnarchy
    edited June 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    SlipperyFunTime said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@DreadfulProton said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

See but the funny thing is some killer players actually do all those things you listed minus the calling them a flasher part so I don’t understand why you seem to think the survivors are the only entitled ones. 

4 entitled survivors for each 1 entitled killer..simple math : P

Survivors are not the only, but they are by far the most.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    SlipperyFunTime said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@DreadfulProton said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

See but the funny thing is some killer players actually do all those things you listed minus the calling them a flasher part so I don’t understand why you seem to think the survivors are the only entitled ones. 

So nobody should be complaining about entitlement anymore considering both sides do it. It just looks stupid at this point. Almost forgot :P
  • AlexAnarchy
    edited June 2018

So nobody should be complaining about entitlement anymore considering both sides do it. It just looks stupid at this point. Almost forgot :P

gasp Never ever forget the : P at the end!

• Lumi83
    Lumi83 Member Posts: 66

camping is a legitimate strategy. sometimes it pays off most times it doesn't.
    personally it bores me. I have used it a few times at the beginning when I was new to killing.
    most killers don't even camp these days anymore, except for newer killers. there are of course those killers who do camp, but they are a minority.

I think the bigger issue is the immediate unsafe unhooking off of survivors when the killer is still in the area.
    or survivors that hover around the hooked person when the killer is obviously camping, instead of doing gens.
    and of course then we have the suiciders who get that little bit salty at getting camped that they don't even think of giving their team a chance.
    camping wouldn't even be a thing if survivors responded to it properly.

If i get camped when playing survivor I just struggle to the end to give my team the time they need... if they are smart, they'll do gens. then GG and on to the next game.

• Frockz551
    Frockz551 Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2018

One thing that annoys me about camping is that it is a VIABLE STRATEGY and even the devs say this yet killers get punished for getting a 4k if they camp because of the emblem system. This doesn't make much sense to me, as a killer, your job should be to stop the survivors from escaping regardless of how long it took you to do it or how many gens they completed. The only thing that should matter is that you killed the survivors, regardless of how you did it. I've had a 3k and only gotten a black pip because I would have a survivor hooked in basement while the exit gates are powered and therefore, I camp and 1 or 2 or sometimes even 3 will just rush the hook to try get some altruism at which point i down them and put them on a hook ( if they dont have BT or DS or some other bs crutch ) and only get a black pip.

• SlipperyFunTime
    edited June 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    AlexAnarchy said:

@ThePloopz said:

SlipperyFunTime said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@DreadfulProton said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Worst thing about this game is the entitlement survivors have about camping/tunneling. Survivors need to get it through their thick skulls that camping/tunneling are not "wrong-play sins."  They need to get it through their thick skulls that killers can camp/tunnel whenever and however they want. If by some miracle the survivors accepted camping/tunneling as legitimate tactics for killers the toxicity in the DBD community would go down by at least 80%.

So I have played hundreds of hours- as you people probably have. The killers rarely bring toxic nonsense into chat. You would think the ratio of cancer the survivors bring compared to the killers would be 4 to 1. Not even close. more like 40 to 1. The survivors really are the problem when it comes to bringing their toxic entitlement to chat. Sure, killers and survivors have aspects of the games they don't like, things they should probably take to the forums to promote change. But when it comes to the in-game chat it's all about survivors and their entitled BS, usually because the killer didn't play they wanted the killer to play.

Just because killers and survivors both have their complaints doesn't mean there is any equivalency between who brings the toxic cancer into the game itself. Hands down survivors are the problem here. It's hard to even have a human conversation in the game chat considering the amount of butthurt, crybaby cancer about "waaa you camped/tunneled" coming from survivors.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    @SlipperyFunTime it doesn’t matter who has more both sides are toxic so both sides get blame
  • SlipperyFunTime

@ThePloopz said:
    @SlipperyFunTime it doesn’t matter who has more both sides are toxic so both sided get blame

Yeah, it matters who complains most because I don't want to hear whiny crap in game. I don't want to hear it as survivor or killer. I have played hundreds of hours of both. Rarely do I come across a salty, angry killer blaming the survivors for how they played. Rarely do I get a rage-quitting killer. But from survivors it is an endless stream of butthurt rage in chat and rage-quitting in game. Again, its not a ratio of 4 to 1, more like 40 to 1. The survivor entitlement about camping/tunneling is about 80% of the toxicity problem in DBD.

• ThePloopz

@ThePloopz said:
    @SlipperyFunTime it doesn’t matter who has more both sides are toxic so both sided get blame

Yeah, it matters who complains most because I don't want to hear whiny crap in game. I don't want to hear it as survivor or killer. I have played hundreds of hours of both. Rarely do I come across a salty, angry killer blaming the survivors for how they played. Rarely do I get a rage-quitting killer. But from survivors it is an endless stream of butthurt rage in chat and rage-quitting in game. Again, its not a ratio of 4 to 1, more like 40 to 1. The survivor entitlement about camping/tunneling is about 80% of the toxicity problem in DBD.

I’ve had many rage quitters in my time playing and some but not as many moris spammers. Stop trying to give free passes. Both sides are responsible. Honestly it just sounds childish.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Frockz551 said:
    One thing that annoys me about camping is that it is a VIABLE STRATEGY and even the devs say this yet killers get punished for getting a 4k if they camp because of the emblem system. This doesn't make much sense to me, as a killer, your job should be to stop the survivors from escaping regardless of how long it took you to do it or how many gens they completed. The only thing that should matter is that you killed the survivors, regardless of how you did it. I've had a 3k and only gotten a black pip because I would have a survivor hooked in basement while the exit gates are powered and therefore, I camp and 1 or 2 or sometimes even 3 will just rush the hook to try get some altruism at which point i down them and put them on a hook ( if they dont have BT or DS or some other bs crutch ) and only get a black pip.

Thats why i think the emblem system was stupid for the killers. I honestly loved the victory cube for the killer. If the killer did his sole objective and killed the survivors then he deserves to rank up. End of story. The means on how that is achieved do not matter. It was the survivors that needed a new ranking system as bloodpoints were simply not a good metric.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

Camping is a legit strat, however, it only pays off against super altruistic teams. I have seen numerous times where a rocket scientist Leatherface decided to camp and I see my teammates crouching nearby instead of doing generators.

If you know that there is a leatherface as a killer in your game then there is a 90 percent chance that they will play like this and you can safely just repair generators and get out. That is why I never see high rank leatherfaces because they tend to just sit and camp and the survivors are not dumb enough to try and dance around the hook and rescue.

• SlipperyFunTime
    edited June 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    SlipperyFunTime said:

@ThePloopz said:

I’ve had many rage quitters in my time playing and some but not as many moris spammers. Stop trying to give free passes. Both sides are responsible. Honestly it just sounds childish.

Do you people have any sense of proportion? And what is a "mori spammer"? Ridiculous. Again with the entitlement, telling the killer how to play. Both sides are not equally responsible for the cancer that is DBD game chat. Not even close.

@SadonicShadow said:

@Frockz551 said:

Thats why i think the emblem system was stupid for the killers. I honestly loved the victory cube for the killer. If the killer did his sole objective and killed the survivors then he deserves to rank up. End of story. The means on how that is achieved do not matter. It was the survivors that needed a new ranking system as bloodpoints were simply not a good metric.

I completely agree that the killer should be rewarded for kills, not how the kill is achieved. The killer is the killer, ffs.

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

Patrol camping works and is ideal if the survivors are being too altruistic. Otherwise its just a poor strategy which doesn't give you a lot of points or a win against experienced survivors. Personally, I prefer slugging over hook camping.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    @SlipperyFunTime a mori spammer (idk if this is the official term for it but this what I call it) is a killer who usually on the last survivor will keep starting and stopping the mori over and over. Not killing them just starting and stopping the animation. So tell me where was the entitlement in that? I’ll wait. Or was that me telling a killer how to play? I’ll wait happily for that one.
    Post edited by ThePloopz on
  • SlipperyFunTime

@ThePloopz said:
    @SlipperyFunTime a mori spammer (idk if this is the official term for it but this what I call it) is a killer who usually on the last survivor will keep starting and stopping the mori over and over. Not killing them just starting and stopping the animation. So tell me where was the entitlement in that? I’ll wait. Or was that me telling a killer how to play? I’ll wait happily for that one.

As I said, "what is a mori spammer"? You don't even know if that's the right term for what you're referring to. You basically made it up. Also, sounds to me like starting the animation but not completing it wouldn't stop the survivor from bleeding out. That may be annoying but it's not like the killer can hold the game hostage or anything, eventually the survivor will die, one way or another. Besides, I've never even come across such a goofy thing. Starting but not completing the mori? This makes no sense for the killer unless, as you say, they do it on the last survivor to be annoying.

What you and Brady keep missing is that I'm talking about the cancer that is the community members being toxic to each other. Being irritated by camping/tunneling as a survivor (especially when it works well) and being irritated by looping/body blocking/flashing etc as a killer is to be expected- this is a competitive game. That doesn't mean people have to be jackasses to each other and turn the chat into whiny complaints. Again, it's the survivors overwhelmingly who complain in chat, who show ridiculous levels of entitlement.

Also, disconnecting is a b**ch move, regardless of whether it's survivor or killer. Just like the complaints in chat, this is overwhelmingly a survivor problem. The rates of rage quit disconnects isn't 4 to 1 survivor to killer, it's more like 40 to 1. So many entitled survivors who get butthurt when the killer doesn't play the way they want. That is why I say the toxicity in the DBD community would go down enormously if survivors adjusted their attitude and stopped bringing their cancer into chat.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    @SlipperyFunTime I’l make this very easy for you to understand. Both sides are toxic. Both sides should not be toxic. Both sides should stop being toxic. Instead of that you decide to focus on one side and call them out even though both sides are toxic. Which calling one side out rarely ever works and I know if I was a toxic player and I saw this I’d say screw this guy he’s just another player who blames survivors for everything and I’d just continue or be even more toxic moving forward. People like you who do this are part of the reason toxicity doesn’t decrease 
  • ThePloopz
    @SlipperyFunTime also if you don’t understand a term someone uses don’t assume it’s entitlement because it just makes you look bitter and salty
  • SlipperyFunTime

@ThePloopz said:
    @SlipperyFunTime I’l make this very easy for you to understand. Both sides are toxic. Both sides should not be toxic. Both sides should stop being toxic. Instead of that you decide to focus on one side and call them out even though both sides are toxic. Which calling one side out rarely ever works and I know if I was a toxic player and I saw this I’d say screw this guy he’s just another player who blames survivors for everything and I’d just continue or be even more toxic moving forward. People like you who do this are part of the reason toxicity doesn’t decrease 

Yeah, you probably would double-down on your crap behavior. After all, you have failed to understand the basic idea of my post. In some braindead fashion you have decided I am complaining that survivors complain- and pointing out in the same braindead fashion that both sides are "toxic." I explicitly corrected you but it's like you can't even read. You just trudge on like a zombie. Unbelievable.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@SlipperyFunTime said:

@ThePloopz said:

Yeah, you probably would double-down on your crap behavior. After all, you have failed to understand the basic idea of my post. In some braindead fashion you have decided I am complaining that survivors complain- and pointing out in the same braindead fashion that both sides are "toxic." I explicitly corrected you but it's like you can't even read. You just trudge on like a zombie. Unbelievable.

Duuude. Your like, puffing out red hot fumes maaaan... like, just embrace the raaaainboooow. Hate is for like, hate stuff people.

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Comparing camping and tunneling to looping is stupid... they aren't the same at all.
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited June 2018

@Lumi83 said:
    personally it bores me. I have used it a few times at the beginning when I was new to killing.
    most killers don't even camp these days anymore, except for newer killers. there are of course those killers who do camp, but they are a minority.

You've clearly haven't played on console.

Anyway, camping is a fine strat. Camping & face camping are too different things. Kind of a ######### move if you facecamp, but people only find it a problem because you are indeed ruining the individuals experience. (I'm talking about facecamping those innocent, non-looping sweethearts who don't clickityclick your way into hell). Remember, if you were immobile and had no way out, your frustration would be evident too. You guys just don't face the problem of not being able to conduct to gameplay (i.e being immobile on a hook and not be able to do anything, literally, anything but sit there and watch you camp)

Facecamp that annoying prick tbh I'm all for that, hell I've been facecamped for being a douche ingame towards killers and I just say gg afterwards cause he had every right to.

I'm just gonna make this clear: I find killers, not all, but most usually go: "Camping is a strat! It's fine! Survivors need to stop complaining", follow the typically, "Do something about pallets! Fix Survivors! This game is annoying for Killers!" and most don't realize their behaviour with camping is no better than those pesky survivors. Yes, camping can be compared to looping as the gameplay isn't essentially a fair, enjoyable gameplay for the opposite sides. Still a viable strat, but like I've said before, they aren't necessarily respected ones. I way more respect a killer who managed to 4 KO all of us survivors with each survivor having been 3 hooks + no camping involved whatsoever than one who camped me first-hook. Or respect a survivor who escaped without barely any looping involved and more-so jukes.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

It can be used to a killer's advantage

Say if you notice that the survivors are a SWF team, or are just very altruistic, you can bet that they will be coming for the save, so some people would camp, some killers that can would fake leaving and come back (Which is still camping according to survivors)

Either way, this can catch them off guard, or if they do not do generators and instead keep trying to rescue, take a hit, heal and then go back, it would waste valuable time.

I always suggest, if you come across a killer that you know is camping, then stick around the killer for a little bit for some easy Emblem points, then go do generators. You may not get those altruism points, but you get points in 2 other categories, plus you don't run the risk of being the next one to get camped.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018

@ThePloopz said:

What’s unbelievable is you called me brain dead yet obviously didn’t get my post or what I was trying to say lol I’m so done with you just continue with your useless posts kiddo. Stay salty ✌️
  • SlipperyFunTime
    edited June 2018

@Brady said:

@Lumi83 said:

You've clearly haven't played on console.

Anyway, camping is a fine strat. Camping & face camping are too different things. Kind of a ######### move if you facecamp, but people only find it a problem because you are indeed ruining the individuals experience. (I'm talking about facecamping those innocent, non-looping sweethearts who don't clickityclick your way into hell). Remember, if you were immobile and had no way out, your frustration would be evident too. You guys just don't face the problem of not being able to conduct to gameplay (i.e being immobile on a hook and not be able to do anything, literally, anything but sit there and watch you camp)

Facecamp that annoying prick tbh I'm all for that, hell I've been facecamped for being a douche ingame towards killers and I just say gg afterwards cause he had every right to.

I'm just gonna make this clear: I find killers, not all, but most usually go: "Camping is a strat! It's fine! Survivors need to stop complaining", follow the typically, "Do something about pallets! Fix Survivors! This game is annoying for Killers!" and most don't realize their behaviour with camping is no better than those pesky survivors. Yes, camping can be compared to looping as the gameplay isn't essentially a fair, enjoyable gameplay for the opposite sides. Still a viable strat, but like I've said before, they aren't necessarily respected ones. I way more respect a killer who managed to 4 KO all of us survivors with each survivor having been 3 hooks + no camping involved whatsoever than one who camped me first-hook. Or respect a survivor who escaped without barely any looping involved and more-so jukes.

Look, every side has complaints. That is fine. There will always be arguments about how to better balance the game. The issue is who uses those complaints to justify disconnecting in game and throwing tantrums during the in-game chat. That is my problem with survivors- for they do a lot of this and it is what makes this community toxic. The ragequitting killers and killers who throw tantrums in chat about how survivors play should be about 1 to 4. But that's not how it is. That ratio is more like 40 to 1. In hundreds of matches over hundreds of hours as both killer and survivor I rarely see killers throw tantrums or rage quit. It happens continually from survivors. That is the issue.

Also, I can't stand it when killers support the idea that camping, in any form, is somehow bad for the killer to do. That implies the survivors are justified in this rage-quitting, tantrum-throwing behavior. They are not. The entitled survivor is the cancer of DBD and killers should never apologize for camping/tunneling, just as survivors don't have to apologize for flashing/blocking/looping etc. But again, one side overwhelmingly uses their complaints to justify DCs and tantrums, the other side rarely does.

• AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118
    edited June 2018

@DreadfulProton said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Yes. And "toxic" is a misused label killers use for survivors who use the tactics made available by the devs to out play the killer. There are legitimate reasons to camp as killer for sure. But camping your first hook with no one else near you is not only a waste of time, but rightfully labelled as camping. The glorious moment when the pig downs the first survivor, tea bags, then camps, should in no way be frowned upon lol.

Just a thing, when has teabagging been an useful tactic?, apart from infiurating the killer.

• Juya
    Juya Member Posts: 63

@AnIntellectualClone said:

@DreadfulProton said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Just a thing, when has teabagging been an useful tactic?, apart from infiurating the killer.

You answered your own question...

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@AnIntellectualClone
    @ThePloopz

Ploopz is rigjt, not all people t-bad for toxic, some do it to piggyback off killers automatically assuming I’ll intent, and getting the killer to be mad while tunneling, followed by VERY lengthy looping.