The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Which killer do you think is underrated or better than people think?

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Tossing my hat in for the clown.

I like when I toss a bottle and the survivor just swerves away from the gas entirely. You really have to end chase quick with him but with the right amount of hustle he's not too shabby.

I like his simplicity though. No gimmicks. No traps. Just a man and his bottle. Honk honk.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I think Legion is incredibly strong because it seems 99% of survivors Self Care after every hit or just will not play injured, period. I'm at the point where I just immediately walk up to the hook now to get out of the game because I'm not going to be the only person doing gens while my teammates spend 4-5 minutes each Self Caring. Nope. Buh bye.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Legion: He's not D tier but not SSSS, Way better then bubba and clown since he can actually apply pressure and get a easy free hit

• I love u say piggy as a pig main i approve

but i think bubba he is not as worse people say

the times i play with bubba i manege to do very well with him

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

If I had to guess, if Demo’s play rate is so low it probably has more to do with the fact that the Stranger Things Chapter costs more than the others so less people own him. But I do see him played a lot more than I do with The Clown, who after beginning to play dbd I went almost two months without seeing used, and had absolutely no idea what the hell was happening when I finally did. I see him more now, but I think it has to do with the new cosmetics won in the rift.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170

A few survivors have told me I'm trash and to kill myself cause I got a 4k with legion so ima go with him based on the amount of salt I got 😂

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Increased chapter cost would be a very strange reason since you could just buy Demo individually from the shop for 5 bucks.

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

I've seen people ######### on Wraith and I have to say he is strong. His stealth game is good if you know to not always run around like crazy and his looping is decent. When I silence his wailing bell it gets real nasty and the avalanche of salty survivor comments.

• Dannly
    Dannly Member Posts: 19

Definitely. She's definitely annoying to play though. Having to wait for your blinks to come back while survivors outrun you feels really bad.

• MegaGamer_01
    MegaGamer_01 Member Posts: 172

Wraith is incredibly underrated and in my opinion is overpowered with the right addons. Very recently played him to goof off and make fun of him but ended up getting a double 4k with no noed. He's one of my favorite killers now but I hope people soon see who he truly is

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Hag.

Players have always debated over her due to the 110% speed but she can shut down loops while in a chase and has great map pressure once setup.

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Member Posts: 58

Legion for sure. I play a lot of Legion with quite a bit of success in red ranks on PS4. I'm not saying they're top tier or anything, but they're not trash like many people seem to think. Still holding out for some Legion buffs one day....fingers crossed.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

I have answers for both.

Now, i wouldn't go as far as to say Pig is underrated, just not given the love she deserves, ambush pretty much just removes small-medium loops from the game, which gives quick downs, which gets you multiple hats in play, which stops gens, which gets you enough time to start snowballing. She's tied with Myers strength wise imo.

Now i'd say everyone agrees Hag is strong, but imo, she's equal to, if not better than Billy(undecided because Coldwind... exists). She can disable any loop in 2.5s or less, is always camping, if survs do decide to crouch everywhere or at least a fair amount, she gets some decent slowdown & of course, can chase multiple survivors at once, letting her go from 0-100 in moments, while Billy at least has to have a survivor within Infectious range.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

Bubba. He always 3k-4k in his basement.

• MrGummeBear
    MrGummeBear Member Posts: 94

I would say Wraith people under estimated how good he could be.

I make people DC with him all the time.

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392

So few mentions of the Hag.

She is one of the most dangerous killers in the game, and she has MASSIVE snowball potential against careless survivors who sprint to hooks.

All I have heard is people say she is a camping killer, which I see how they come to this, yet foolishly run straight into the obvious trap by the hooked survivor. She might be slower than other killers, but a well played Hag is a terror to be avoided.

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Hag, 100%.

I don't think she's top tier but she's better than low tier, for sure. Completely changes the way Survivors have to play the game, too, which I'm a big fan of.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Clown or Plague.

A good plague will absolutely ruin your game.

• 4k0c spirit

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

If you want Demo at all then you probably want the other Stranger Things characters too. Buying individually probably doesn’t even occur to most people.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

You don't see people play Hag because she's super boring. Everyone knows she's a great killer but there are few people who actually enjoy playing Hag.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Plague can be very opressive with the right build. Most survivors seem to get that and cleanse against her now.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Legion by far. He's solid B tier

• InTheBushes321
    InTheBushes321 Member Posts: 72

Literally no one with any game knowledge thinks Oni is bad. He's a very strong killer. In some senses, he is stronger than Billy.

I agree on Demo though. He's easy A tier when played properly, and he applies a lot of map pressure with good/frequent portal placements and a good build.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Hillbilly. I don't know why everyone thinks he's so weak.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

The clown and Trapper. I always do very well with both. IMO all Clown needs is faster reload time and remove the slight decrease in speed when throwing a bottle. Trapper boy is fine with me for the most part at the moment. Being able to reset traps without having to pick them up + his traps not being able to be sabotaged is a first good step. I'd like to maybe suggest he starts off with the brown bag add on as base instead of 1.

• sahidoaisow
    sahidoaisow Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2020

not many people play oni and demogorgon which is weird bc their powers are honestly quite good

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Wraith and while controversial hag

wraith can get a lot of free hits and his power allows you to catch up with survivors. some perks and addons can also make catching up to survivors so easy that they dont make it to the next pallet.

hag is considered good but not top tier and that's were i think people are wrong. If you have a good mindset while playing her and are good at placing traps in places survivors will go she is incredibly deadly even against swf groups. The amount of times i lost with hag after her rework is nothing compared to the amount of games i have won as her which is easily over 100 and again this is after her rework, i was still pretty good with her despite how slow she was before it.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    edited February 2020

I have to say Plague.

Ironically I hated her.

Then i played her randomly again and she worked out lol

(I'm not gonna say Pig because she can be powerful at times ;P)

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I would remove the word "little", but pretty much that.

• ImLeslieKetamine
    ImLeslieKetamine Member Posts: 119

Hag is so underplayed and I think she's a top 5 (give or take a bit) killer.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

you cant insta double blink, you have to just float behind your target a little while it charges.... I would call that little myself.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

The main reason why i think that it was a big nerf is actually the gutted map pressure. You blink alot only for distance and you waste three seconds doing nothing every single blink. Her chase potential stayed the same.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

She is the definition of proxy-camping. If she abandon her trapped area then 1) she lose time setting new trap area and 2) she is m1 killer until new traps are set. It limit choices she can make. If players choices are limited, indeed she can fall into super boring killer list. Also, add flashlights and swf who can in seconds disable all her traps without any harm.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I should also add that nobody knows how to play her either. Yeah SWF bully Hag but they bully every killer that isn't a good Nurse. You need to know when to set traps, remember to set traps as you go etc. If you want to play her right you have to be a bit sweaty and boring but it's very effective once it gets rolling. A good Hag with decent map pressure is nearly unstoppable.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I find Hag to be hard with the Ruin nerf. She has to get her setup to be effective, whereas Trapper can change games with just a couple good traps; Hag needs most of hers out, due to her lower speed.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Wraith doesn't get enough credit for what he can do. I've seen a lot of good Wraiths and they're scary when they start snowballing.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

Before his buff, I would have said Doctor, since I've mained him since day two of my playing the game. Now a lot of people seem to have some difficulty against him. He's still not overpowered, but he's not someone who you can push around as easily as people believed before.

But now I have to say Oni. I started playing him a lot because of a running joke between me and my old chem teacher (who's last name is effectively the same), and I can safely say that, yeah, sure, Hillbilly has his instant down fright away, but he can't track like Oni can. He can't bump into objects with no penalty like Oni can. He can't do an almost instantaneous instant down lunge like Oni can. Without add-ons, he can't steer as well as Oni can. I find Oni's speed much more managable than Hillbilly (although those last two might just be me not having played Hillbilly in almost a year, but the difference between the two is insane to me).

I can understand Demogorgon's underration, but if you know how to play it, it is ridiculously powerful. If you're getting close but know they'll drop the pallet before you can hit them, charge your shred. It'll be gone in a quick second. Demi needs a lot of changes, but it's not as pathetic as people make it out to be.

Also Hag, because I know how powerful she can be, but I've not played her in a while and it shows.

• Demogordon_Ramsay

You'd be surprised how many people are still saying that Oni is just Billy who has to collect fuel for his chainsaw.

• Demogordon_Ramsay

There’s plenty of reasons you would buy Demo individually. Maybe you don’t play Survivor. Maybe you don’t like the new Perks. Maybe you never watched ST and don’t care about Steve or Nancy. Maybe you don’t want to financially support BHVR any more than you have to.

Plenty of reasons.

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

Yea this. I use to buy the packs then I realized its cheaper to just buy the Killer by themselves since I don't play Survivor.

• Mrjuice
    Mrjuice Member Posts: 94

I would say clown and pig. Pig's dash can be used in some shorter loops. You can almost guarantee a hit if they don't leave the loop. Clown if played really well can be deadly to. Placing his bottles in position where survivors have to get through to go to a loop is really strong.

However, there are some games that I feel powerless when playing these killers. I believe this is mainly due to in the current state of the game, if a killer doesn't have high mobility (applying map pressure), you will have to rely on mistakes that survivors make in order to start the "snowball" and win the game. (while playing almost perfectly as killer)

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

All killers are strong. Ranking them is just a relative comparison. That said...

I cant see why ppl calls Clown weak, cause hes stuning strong with the good use of his bottles, and I have sweet games with him. His power is way versatile: force survivor to go another way (as a dead zone), stop looping, revealing nearby survivors when hooking (throw the bottle up the top of a high tree or wall), reveals survs position (same as before), etc. A power that makes chases way shorter and stops loops... this is strong.

I also cant get why Wraith is called weak.

And Pig.

And... any killer!

The only reason a killer can be seen as weak is that the person calling him weak just doesnt know how to master his power and a perfect build altogether.

I main Nurse, but for now i am in grief about her cooldown, nevertheless i am beggining to get used to it. She stills the strongest killer... but all killers are strong.

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364

I want to see more demogorgons they’re so much fun radius music is Awesome!

• Yeah but people play him and then lose horribly and get bullied by survivors usually when they do lose- and then swap back to their spirit or their freddy lol.

Same thing with nurse, you would see more nurse's but people don't like feeling helpless.

Matchmaking and rank doesn't care about your skill with nurse vs other killers, so you are expected to just be a master at nurse immediately. This is what causes such an imbalance in the pick rates a lot of the time, at least one of the major factors anyways.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

...Legion.

They're not nearly as bad as the knee jerk reaction leads you to believe. You just cant play them sloppy/cheesey.

Frenzy, hit as many nearby, if none, get super close to target and turn off. M1. Repeat. Using Thana and sloppy/nurses it slows the gane down a lot.

Plus you get a SHITLOAD of points for running and stabbing people.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I love it when people laugh about clowns chase potential.

He stops loops. He doesnt avoid pallets like nurse, but he straight up brings you to a crawl. Which is the worst thing to happen if you're trying to loop/mindgame. Add on that if it's the super blind you cant see ######### meaning clown likely has you.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Pig and Wraith. Both are great if you really know what you're doing.