The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Which killer do you think is underrated or better than people think?

Which killer do you think has more potential than people give them? For me i would have to say the Pig, she's fun to play and really strong with STBFL.

Let me know down below!

Comments

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Wraith

Opposite end Spirit since the sound bug

• kawaiikannibal
    kawaiikannibal Member Posts: 74

I'm not sure the general consensus on the Plague, but I never hear her being talked about when people seriously talk about DBD but I think she's pretty nifty. I get stomped as a survivor and I've never had a bad match using her.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

Myers essentially does everything Ghostface can do except he can't have survivors constantly take away his stealth. I say Myers. He can be devastating with Monitor/Nemesis/PWYF

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Deathslinger...? I've seen many streamers/youtubers decry him as a lesser Huntress because they both have ranged attacks, but his doesn't damage survivors unless he reels them in successfully first, and he has a shorter range. Unlike Huntress however, he can quick shot survivors which gives them much less time to react, so while a Huntress can simply down a survivor with a shot through a window, her charge up time and slowdown in movement speed make doing so more difficult in comparison to him simply tapping m2 and nailing them with m1 immediately afterwards. Just imagine if Huntress was ready to throw a fully charged hatchet the moment you pressed the m2 button? He doesn't telegraph his attack for as long as she does, so I'm sure that when he does go live, people have had more time to play as and against him, and with a few minor tweaks, he'll prove to be much better than the current observations make him out to be.

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

Oni and Leatherface.

Oni In his power is arguably the 2nd or 3rd strongest killer in the game, he shuts down a lot of loops and strong windows and can chain down and snowball insanely well with Infectious+Monitor.

Leatherface is enhanced incredibly well with PWYF+Nemesis combo, and most people never expect it, so you can run around the map at 130% and get free downs at quite a lot of loops, if you know how to play killer well.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Pig 100%, when you watch the pig mains play they're insane, chases rarely last long, and her ability pushes most people off loops if you just crouch.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

Myers is also 105 at the start of the trial, and for 2 or 3 gens if the Survivors have Spine Chill. He also loses all of his stealth for the remainder of the trial once he hits tier II. He also can’t crouch. He also can’t lean. He’s also phucking gigantic.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Wraith easily

• Pig all the way

Her power needs to be less harsh against her, but being able to mute your terror radius is huge! (hence why you can play Ghostface well without even stalking)

Her dash can also be used at loops very effectively, it just takes practice.

Her only issues is the Rbt rng.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Clown definatly.

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

I have a lot of succes playing Legion recently on red ranks.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited February 2020

Pig. I had a handful of times play her thanks to red offerings and everytime I had 4k and I had fun while doing it.

The last point is missing by the most other killers for me currently (besides Ghostface and the Legion because of my memories of them).

Maybe that's a sign to buy finally the pig :).

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

trapper for sure.

• Rareware0192
    Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360

Wraith would be my choice. A lot of people put him near the bottom of tier lists but I think he can be played really effectively with the right use of add-ons and perks.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Trapper and hag. There's plenty of mediocre ones. Good ones are scary.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Legion.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Pig and Clown are killers I do better with compared to how people rate them, perhaps also Wraith.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Yes! Nurse is still the best killer in the game, but her nerf did more harm than good to her. Her nerf literally cut all of pressure, and she now suffers a double/triple punishment for using her power. I have used and gotten 4ks with her but she's more boring and frustrating to use because she has to suffer a longer cooldown in which she controlled

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555

Pig, all day I will claim that she's the most underrated

Plague is underrated too, but now that she will get a rotten apple on base game, I think people will get how strong she is. Legion too, they are fun and dont deserve to be on the same rank as Clown.

And finally I'd finish by saying that Nurse is the strongest. The nerf she got just made a "selection" between good Nurses and bad Nurses (even tho it's not very nice for baby Nurses, i'll agree, but the skillcap is even higher than before with her now.)

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Legion for sure. I've heard how awful he is, but I noticed that I always died when I played vs one. Got him with shards, two games in, both red ranks, 3K merciless, 4K merciless, gens never finished. Has incredible slowdown potential, combined with what I've already learned about pressure makes him very potent in my hands.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Before docs rework it would have been him..now however..hmm..oni..he actually rewards good use of his power and is very good at pressure once he gets his power fired up

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited February 2020

Anyone with a tracking perk. The biggest issue with starting a chase is first finding one. And people seem to favor one hit down abilities.

Edit for clarity; Some examples: Legions feral frenzy, Oni blood orbs, Hag when she's not hook camping, Freddy using snares outside a chase, etc.

Post edited by Tactless_Ninja on
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

I second this. Michael's snowball potential is terrific.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited February 2020

This wasnt a "little nerf" she is almost unplayable to any new player.

Also I dont think you can call "2nd strongest killer" underrated. People dont play her because she is hard to play and extremely hard to learn, not because they think she is weak. If you want to learn Nurse, you have to prepare for losing every game, ton of bugs, fatigue all the time and losing 10 ranks.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

Clown. It seems the majority of people sheep that he's terribly weak. He isn't; he has very unique mindgames; techs; chase tools at his disposal, so that once you master him, he is a very scary killer to vs and a very fun killer to play as.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

Wraith, I 4k all the time at rank 1.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2020

Legion. I find them a bit too reliant on duration addons, and the 4 second stun for missing a hit (which on Legion seems easier for some reason) is too much of a punishment, but that aside they can be very strong thanks to their insane map pressure. Plus they are fun af and get a ton of bloodpoints.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

Demo and Plague, Demo has a lot of depth for what you can do with him, and plague can be very scary if you run the right perks on her, I play plague without apple add-ons and I can still do pretty well when people don't cleanse, when she starts with a fountain in this next patch she is gonna become A LOT stronger.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Hag or Wraith in the right hands will wreck a lobby.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Amanda, she's the only killer who can slow the game down decently, depending on her RNG.

Then, she has an Ambush mind game that works on 50% of all tiles.

Plus, survivors can boop the snoot which immediately makes her the best killer in the game. Change my mind. 😁

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

The Legion. They may not be that great, but god damn, they're fun as hell.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Trapper 100%, I'm a trapper main rank 1 3k+ every game, and if I don't get the 4k it's cause I don't slug, I preffer to do a race to the hatch.

People actually want to give me more basic traps since the beggining of the match... I'm like... Ok...

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

This is early to say and I could easily end up being wrong, but I'm gonna go with Deathslinger. Not because he's gooood persay, but I think the calls of him maybe being the weakest Killer are kinda overblown IMO.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Wraith

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

Pig. I often see her get called a lower tier killer and she’s far from it. I love pretending to use my dash attack to make people vault into my hit. She’s great.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377

I’m going to have to say Legion on this one. Against good players who stay injured and loop well, maybe not so much. Against the rank 15s I get because of matchmaking? Heck yeah! If you’re a good M1 killer (not that hard to be!) then they’ll most likely be afraid of you and spend most of their time healing whilst I’m getting downs, regressing gens, farming them for bloodpoints with Feral Frenzy. It’s an all around good time. Amazing at getting iridescent emblems too!

• Reworked Doctor and Demo gorgon are two big options for me. Doctor is so much fun to play now thanks to the fact he doesn't has to change at a snails pace his stances, his range on the shock still sucks but is much more rewarding in my opinion and much better in chases due to his better potential at interrupting certain animations.

Demogorgon is just really fun and great at ending chases.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Demogorgon is underrated to hell

He has shred, which can actually launch him off hills and into survivors. This can also be used to get through windows from hill

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Nurse and Pig.

Nurse is almost as good as ever, the main difference is how insanely harsh you are punished for missing blinks, no more chain blinking wildly knowing the survivor cant break the chase.

Pig is quite good but requires better planning and more brains than other killers, for example one complain I see a lot about her is "I hooked someone near a box and 15 seconds after unhook the RTB was out, make it so the first box is never the right one", well maybe you shouldnt use the RTB in that case and wait to down someone in a place a bit further away from boxes also patrolling boxes crouched yields very good results, usually people are concentrated on them and dont see you coming.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Nurse. Good Nurses still dominate, but your average Nurses dropped off as they got used to 5 / omega -blink.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited February 2020

I dropped off of Nurse too early... Like when they changed how she blinks to being more accurate early because it was frustrating to re-learn what I already took so long to master. I used to be an excellent Nurse too, but after being away from her so long, and after the more recent changes/nerfs, I'm not sure I want to take another 30 hours re-learning how to play her. Granted, It will likely be worth it, but meh... I'm having plenty of Fun right now playing Doc and Plague, so idk....