Taking games hostage after doors are open

I keep having more and more games on PS4 like this the higher rank I go:
-Gates are open
-Escape hatch is open
-Every player is either dead or escaped [Aside from 1]
-I message them directly asking him where they are
-They then reply telling me to "Disconnect."
-I am forced to sit INDEFINITELY until the survivor leaves..........

There needs to be an immediate fix, like killing the survivor(s) instantly if they refuse to escape within 5 minutes of the gates being open. I wasn't even watching the gates nor the hatch, I just wanted the game to end.

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    I’m surprised it’s been this long and the devs haven’t addressed this yet. Once the gates are open there needs to be a timer to leave to prevent this type of nonsense. 
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    I think that in situations like this, a timer for 3 minutes should start. If the final survivor doesn't escape in that time while both the exit gates and hatch are open, their aura lights up like a christmas tree, the killers TR is set to 0, oh and if you're caught you lose all of your earned bloodpoints. Either that or just give the killer a button to concede which ends the game immediately, doesn't give survivors escape points, or allow them to keep their item. 

Get out while you can or risk losing your bloodpoints and items. Especially since your options are open and available but you choose not to leave.
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Ages ago, NOED used to be a perk and not a hex.
    Then Survivors cried and got it changed.
    Now why would the Survivors want to be able to disable a perk that one-shots them, at the end of the game when they should be leaving, eh?
    Maybe because they want to be able to bully the Killer without fear of getting their asses kicked for as long as they want.
    I highly doubt the devs actually thought about that little detail when they made NOED able to be disabled by the Survivors.
    NOED needs to be changed back to a normal perk, and then that would make a massive difference to Survivors holding the game hostage afterwards.

• Jigsawn
    Jigsawn Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2018

It really needs to be fixed. 1 out of 3 hatch situations turns into a hostage situation or a hatch standoff. If Exit Gates are open, Hatch should not open. If X amount of time has elapsed since Hatch or Exit gates open, survivors aura is revealed. After X more time, survivor is Exposed. After X more time, survivor is killed automatically. I am sick of having to disconnect or stubbornly remain in the game until the hostage survivor decides to end it, especially if you are playing as a Killer without any tracking perks - finding 1 stealthing survivor in the whole map can be impossible.

Conceding should not be an option, forced death should be instead. If the Killer can concede, toxic survivors will always force this to happen instead of escaping. They don't care about points, they just want to waste your time as much as possible.

• DemolitionDan
    DemolitionDan Member Posts: 21

I've heard rumors that the Devs aren't going to make NOED a perk [non-hex] again. But honestly, why listen to the survivors when it comes to a killer perk? Simplest fix would be to remove the hex totem for the perk, and highlight their auras once the gate(s) are open or there is only one person left.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@DemolitionDan said:
    -Gates are open
    -Escape hatch is open

There needs to be an immediate fix, like killing the survivor(s) instantly if they refuse to escape within 5 minutes of the gates being open. I wasn't even watching the gates nor the hatch, I just wanted the game to end.

This is the reason why I actually need more time to derank than to climb (even if you only single-pip). Kinda ridiculous if you think about that

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@DemolitionDan said:
    -Gates are open
    -Escape hatch is open

This is griefing at it's best... screenshot everything and report that SOBs.

• DisturbedZ
    DisturbedZ Member Posts: 59

@Blueberry said:
    I’m surprised it’s been this long and the devs haven’t addressed this yet. Once the gates are open there needs to be a timer to leave to prevent this type of nonsense. 

I agree put a timer on it and double the points for killer in this time. I have had a few of those survivors as well just hide somewhere and not come out. I go afk, bathroom/drink break. If you beat me you beat me no need to be hostile and make me not want to play anymore.