How many killer mains do we still have?

Options
USELESS
USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Say the killer you main and why you didn't gave up(I'd need some motivation to still playing as killer)

Comments

• Dahliasdollie
    Dahliasdollie Member Posts: 46
    Options

I main nurse. The only reason i didn't give up is because i like being on my own, and not on a team

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
    Options

Your reason is not worst than the killer you play but if ur doing good ok

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67
    Options

Wraith. I stick around because i'm not gonna let some brats ruin my fun. If I can overcome all their second chance perks, the gen speeds, and every other advantage to come out on top, then I am decisively better. And if I can't I at least make sure the match was memorable. Not everyone escapes, and they'll all have a few new scars for their next match.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

I mean, I prefer to play killer than play survivor so I guess I'm a killer main. Though I play both. Anyway I main Legion. Why? Eh, for the memes, for glory, and since I already P3'd so might as well.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,972
    Options

Not a killer MAIN per se, but I mostly play Trapper and Michael. I find Trapper to be the most fun, especially when I can catch like 2 different people in traps while they're trying to sneak around.

Michael is just spoopy and jumpscaring people in fun

• LostxPanda
    LostxPanda Member Posts: 7
    Options

I like leatherface got him to p3 and hes fun. I stick with him because hes underrated and most self groups will try to bully you and and homie excels against every altruistic groups.

• Deagle0105
    Deagle0105 Member Posts: 44
    Options

I main Michael because im just a big fan of Halloween series and he is the only reason i bought this game in the first place,playing killer recently hasnt been any fun for me if not stressfull and i think most of us killer main will agree with me,anyways i hope that you dont give up on playing killer because of toxic,tbaggers,perk abuser,etc etc.Just play the game and have fun cuz who knows one day this game close and you cant play it anymore!

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206
    Options

I enjoy playing killer and watching survivors get ######### (I.E Outplayed) and then proceed to complain and blame the game/me for it.

The tears of toxic survivor mains fuels me to keep playing.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Former Nurse main, after her nerf she became boring to me and I now play all kiler's except Billy, Leatherface, and Michael. I'm slowly giving up but the reason why I'm still here is because there is still potential for killer to become great again

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961
    Options

I mostly main killer. It's miserable, but I like a challenge.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

We dont want any mains...play both sides pls

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

I main every character in game , does that count? Lol.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

The main reason I main killer is because the friends I started playing with back in the day have stopped playing =(

When I play killer I usually alternate between Freddy, Doctor and Wraith.

Freddy to just wipe the floor with survivors and feel powerful.

Doctor if i'm just chillin'

And Wraith to meme. Stay cloaked with Rancor, NOED and BW until the 4th gen pops and then let the fun begin!

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Used to play 50/50 now primarily play killer cause I dont want to wait in a survivor que 5min+ for a 10-15min game

• Big_Trash_Panda
    Big_Trash_Panda Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2020
    Options

Billy: What can I say there is nothing like zooming around the map with his speed, getting the odd snipe, zoning people out at pallets, the one hit downs as you try to react to their dodging the chainsaw plus the trying to do flicks if your feeling adventurous. So I see the Billy as some one you can still have fun with if even if your having a bad game.

Basic M1 Killers where you mostly hold W as you follow the survivors (maybe with the odd mind game thrown in there) and spending alot of time just walking back and forth between gens I get bored of and I can not play those killers as much as I play Billy. Exception when I am feeling super lazy and don't want to put any effort in then basic m1 killer is for me.

Even with that said i'm playing killer less and am now being more choosy which games I accept (which also adds to me playing less killer), I am re-lobbying alot more now, looking out for those keys alot more, blendettes, swfs (exceptions for people that I like) and people who have the play by the survivor rule book mentality I send back to the survivor que. Hell sometimes ill just go on a relobby mission over and over till I get some familiar names of people I recognise and have good previous good relations with.

As Killer I can do that cause what will it cost me ? 10 seconds to get another lobby.

And if there are any survivors who got a problem with that, well I suggest you think why there is a such a shortage of killers on as you wait with your fellow red rank survivors for 5, 10 even 15 mins to get a green/purple rank killer. Cause a whole bunch of killers have come to the conclusion it ain't worth it.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited February 2020
    Options

I've been playing for 3 and a half years almost at this point and when I started killer was a LOT tougher due to much more broken maps and survivor perks not to mention double pallet jungle gyms. Killer is the easiest its ever been for me in the last year or so barring a few busted maps.

I get the feeling a lot of the killer claiming they're leaving are relatively new and dont understand that the balance of this game sways to and fro from time to time.

I will say I would rather just be playing survivor solo because at this point killer just feels dull and by the numbers. I dont really get any satisfaction from a game wether its a close 2k or a tight 4k.

Lobby times are busted and baby killers are still lobby dodging though so w/e

As long as we keep getting new killers with interesting mechanics (not Legion) Ill probably stick around.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

The most funny part its when playing as Trapper people fall in same trap 3 times around the shack. I was rolling of the floor becuz of laught 🤣

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

I play both roles but mainly killer 90% due to:

As solo you can get competent players or not.

As killer you are responsible of your own fails.

As killer I have the sensation of being the role who is always having fun most of the time cuz as survivor maybe killer doesnt pursue you.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Im mostly Pig, Spirit or Ghostface. After 1000h+ I do play less. I think its ok to play less after 1000h+ xD. Now I play solo survivor only when multiple dailies stack together, because devs made the hatch killer sided, and gates can spawn together. Some high mobility killers (Billy / Wraith) or max stealth killers (like Ghostface) can make it impossible to escape alone. I dont like to gamble, so making the hatch killer sided devs killed my mood to play solo survivor. I was survivor main in past.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Solo survivor has definitely been a victim of a bunch of the recent balance changes.

The wait times are so long and one survivor messing up can completely throw the game. I wouldnt even be bothering with survivor at all without the rift challenges when i could probably get two matches of Apex Legends in the time it takes for one dbd match.

I hope this ranking change they are working on means less idiots urban evading around the map all game not doing gens in red ranks.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 893
    Options

I have my bad nights...but its not a daily horror show for me. I enjoy playing killer :) given I even play killers that are not top tier.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Trapper / Mr. Puddles main.

i play cause killer is fun. yeah some matches are BS but majority are fine. just sucks when you get a genrush group...

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364
    Options

How is this not a good indication of a Killer sided game 😂

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

matches are bs how? People still get mad at survivors surviving and gen rushing ? Killers can wipe people super quick. If you guys have a problem with gen rushes then I feel killers need a good nerf to go with it. 4 people don’t come into your game to be your 4K every game. How is that fun for everyone else? I still think this game is super killer sided for sure.

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

Entitled ass people 😂 this game has taken a killer turn and killers need less. I don’t believe survivors need buffs.

• Jigsaw_pprentice1993
    Jigsaw_pprentice1993 Member Posts: 225
    Options

I main the pig because i like her stealthing amd her ambush is highly underrated

the reason i main killer is the hunt is so much more fun especially if you face good survivors, and making a play using your power feels so much more rewarding then a spin into dead hard as survivor

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

Killers don’t need their damn 4Ks every game. I don’t know why this game doesn’t revolve more around that. It shouldn’t be that if a teammate goes down the whole team goes down. You have to remember the 4 survivors are real people too.

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

how many dr mains am I gonna see today 😂

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

I just really believe killers need a good nerf. Solo survivors don’t seem to have a chance yeah I’m gonna stand behind that. I just don’t know what my teammates are gonna do and it’s easy to work these guys as a killer. Drs every other game 😂

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

I could only deal with playing killer 3 times today, the other 20 were easy peasy survivor games.

I love the way there are numerous powerful perks for me as survivor but hardly anything in the medium bracket for killer.

Let me know when killer becomes fun, I normally go and do jobs around the house whilst I wait in the survivor queues.

• BulletsNonstop
    Options

It kinda feels like everyone’s running around with Moris? 😂 that needs to be more like an after 2nd hook insta kill kinda thing. Or just get rid of it.

• xGodSendDeath
    xGodSendDeath Member Posts: 320
    Options

I'm a rank 1 killer on PS4. I used to complain constantly about all the unfair, broken stuff that survivors have, but I've learned to embrace sweating my balls off every match. I'm 3/4king the majority of my matches and love the salty messages I get. It's unbelievable how many butthurt survivors I have to block from messaging me

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Nurse, but I also play a variety of killers. I still have a lot of fun as killer. I don't give up because I don't really have a reason to. Survivors can bring 2 Commodius/BNPs with an Ormond offering and I can still 4k because lol Nurse.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

yeah just pressure all 4 off the gens at the exact time with a killer that has no map pressure / oneshot ability! why didnt i ever think of that...

oh and since you asked: BS matches would be the ones that are over in ~5 minutes cause they genrushed the fck out of you. ya know - multiple toolboxes, coordinated gameplay, maybe not a top tier killer... all that leads to nothing but frustrating games - games you are quite literally unable to win.

genrush is definitely a thing that needs to be looked at - for the overall game's health. its hardly fun as a survivor when you genrush the poor killer and they get one, maybe two hooks all game. and its certainly no fun for the killer, i can assure you that.

killers may seem strong in low ranks, though the higher you go the more you will realise how weak the vast majority of killers actually is.

without a good map pressure tool or an amazingly strong chase tool, the killer is basically useless - well, against good survivors that is.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050
    Options

I don’t understand why people would choose to only be a survivor (or killer for that matter). The easiest way to learn how to counteract a killer is to play as that killer to learn what its capabilities are. For example, I didn’t know that the spirit couldn’t actually see people while she was shifting around until I played as her.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

I don't main too many killers anymore as I no longer have fun as killer anymore

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 660
    Options

i still play killer because i love playing as demogorgon and smacking people. :>

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,166
    edited March 2020
    Options

I play both sides, but my Killer levels outlevel my Survivor levels.

I consider my mains to be Doctor and Oni.

Doctor has always, even before his rework, been the Killer I enjoy most. I rarely get angry when I play him. He's just fun to play.

I started playing Oni as part of a running joke between me and my old chemistry teacher (why do I keep saying "old" when it was literally last year?). However, I actually began enjoying the psychopath samurai, and began playing him as more than just a meme that only my friends and I will understand (not that any of them even play the game, because they don't).

As for why continue: I like the thrill of the chase. Sacrifices mean nothing to me as long as the chases are satisfying. And I swear I am not a psychopath myself. I just enjoy freaking/weirding people out.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
  • vigthepig
    vigthepig Member Posts: 44
    Options

Huntress, Clown and Hillbilly are my 3 mains.

I am still with it because to be honest i still have fun playing the game and killing survivors.