Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Tome II - Reckoning, Level 3, challenge Dr. Jane question

It says Finish healing 1 health state (s) of other Survivors and escape the trial as Jane Romero.

Does that mean Survivors should heal me 1 health state or I finish healing them and escape the trial as Jane Romero? I played a match, and I got healed 1 health state by other Survivors against The Doctor. I didnt heal any other Survivors.

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@oTechnic

The description for some challenges are quite vague, if it says "finish healing 1 health state" than it's implying either you heal yourself or heal another Survivor to do this.

When I did this, I healed myself and a Survivor half-way and still finished the challenge, so because of the vague wording of the challenge, it could also mean you being healed yourself. If this is not the case, than that's just a misconception and/or a bug with the challenge.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Since it says "other survivors", I would imagine that it means you have to heal another survivor. However, it specifically says "finish healing 1 health state", which might mean you only have to complete the interaction, not perform it in its entirity. If I were you, I would bring We'll Make It and heal someone to full health after unhooking them, just to be safe, since that should guarantee you the challenge however you interpret it.

• BetaBytes
    BetaBytes Member Posts: 19

i healed two survivors and nothing happened... i'm not sure how to finish this challenge...

• Fibijean
    edited March 2020

How did you heal them? What perks/items did you use? Was someone else helping you with the heal? Did you escape afterwards?

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

I used a syringe which heals ONE FULL HEALTH STATE and escaped and nothing. Another game I healed a survivor fully and then the killer quit and on the screen it said ESCAPED and nada. It's either bugged or it wants some VERY specific criteria met. @Peanits any idea?

• Fibijean

Escaping due to a killer disconnecting doesn't count for the challenges. As for the syringe, is it possible that they were already partially, or even slightly healed before you used it?

• FireHazard

I think it specifically wants you to heal them through normal means, not through an add-on for example.

It probably doesn't detect the use of the Syringe OR it doesn't count it entirely, since that would be too easy I guess. Keep trying it out with perks like We'll Make It for a hook save and heal, if it still doesn't work than come back and let us know.

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 544

I figured as much, (and got it to work the "normal" way), they just need to be a little more specific with their descriptions I think. Like heal one health state "by your hand" or some such. I figured the syringe would work since in the description it actually says "gain one Health State" which was the criteria but I get it. It's just frustrating to go through a lot of trouble to find out you didn't get it. My post was kind of a warning to others and to vent a bit.

• FireHazard

I think "by your hand" could also be misinterpreted in some way, making some Survivors believe a Syringe would do the trick. I think a simple warning below like "Syringe's don't work on this challenge" would suffice, but that's entirely optional. I just think the descriptions shouldn't be so vague is all, since some players still misinterpret them to this day.

And yes, I understand how that can be annoying. That's usually caused by the challenge bugging out or the criteria not being met, despite the condition being done in-game. Next time when you get a challenge like this, you should just do it twice to make sure it counts. You shouldn't have to do that, but it'll save you the trouble of going into another match to do it again.