Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Would this be a good perk combo for the Deathslinger?

Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

The perks are Furtive Chase and Make Your Choice.

Best Answers

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Peasant

It's an OK combo, but that's about it.

For Killers that rely on ranged attacks like Deathslinger and Huntress, you'll want to use some combo's like Nurse's Calling, BBQ & Chili, Whispers, even Unrelenting has some use since you can break the Deathslingers chain by pressing M1, which is than recovered 30% faster by Unrelenting.

Make Your Choice would be OK on Deathslinger since you can insta-down the Survivor with the exposed effect, and Furtive Chase is... decent, since you do get a 16 meter reduction with all 4 tokens. The downside is that you lose this reduction when the obsession dies, so that's mostly why Killers like Hag or Myers don't use it.

An alternative...

It's best to use Monitor & Abuse on Deathslinger if you'd like a more stealthy sniper approach with Make Your choice. M&A reduces his Terror Radius by 8 Meters out of chases, and since Deathslinger is a ranged Killer it benefits him more, since you won't really go into a chase until you get fairly close, so you could (in theory) long range snipe the exposed Survivor, reel them in, and than get a fast down.

Furtive Chase is a gamble, if the obsession is the one that goes down a lot more than the other Survivors, than you'll have to slug him to prevent your stacks from dissipating. In my opinion, it's better to go with M&A if you'd like to use this combo.

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416

Furtive chase will always be useless

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Combined with m&a can actually give you a 0 terror radius.

• FireHazard

Yes, but his argument is that the "obsession dies" part is why hardly anyone uses it.

If you use it right, than yes it would be a good combo. But it's like the STBFL concept, you need to avoid hitting and/or downing the obsession to preserve your stacks.

• Mo4ntus

No monitor boosts you terror radius by 8 while in a chase

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843

I did the math:

You need full stacks of Furtive. Combined with Monitor, it only subtracts it to 16 meters.

And remember, this only occurs WHILE IN A CHASE!

• Peasant

Guys, the focus here is that Furtive marks the hook rescuer with the Obsession marks and Make your choice exposes the rescuer. Would the Deathslinger actually benefit from being able to reliably know who was exposed, since he can reel in exposed survivors for a 1 down melee with his gun?

• Mo4ntus
    edited March 2020

A normal killer will be able to tell who saved anyways and if that was the issue you might as well bring nemesis so their aura is revealed when they save too and at that point you’re dedicating 2 perks for make your choice

• FireHazard

Yes, if you make a build around it... say Furtive Chase, Monitor & Abuse, Make Your Choice, and Nurse's Calling, than you could benefit from this in some way.

The issue is that The Deathslinger doesn't have increased range add-ons, nor does he have the range to nab someone with the exposed status effect after making the proper distance to activate it. You could argue it would waste time to walk away from the hook, than walk all the way back with a 4.4m/s... if it's on a small map, than yes it would be great, a big map though? No, I only see this crippling you because of your inherently slow movement speed.

If you only care about the two perks (Furtive Chase and Make your choice)...

Than yes, on a small map it would be pretty good. On a big map like Mothers Dwelling? It would just hinder you because of your inherently slow movement speed...

Also, you can't harpoon someone who's farther than... idk... 16 meters I believe? So you'd have to get fairly close, you'd have to pray you keep and eye on whoever unhooked them, hope nobody comes by who might confuse you into thinking THEY'RE exposed, etc. If you're not focusing on the combo, than it can be helpful yes, but I just don't see it taking priority over other perks for ranged Killers, at least from a personal stand-point.

But if you use it, than Medium Maps and Small Maps is where this combo benefits most.

• Raglar
    Raglar Member Posts: 3

how? furtive chase only works on chases, that's why it's a ######### perk

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

edited

I wasn't aware that Furtive Chase only activates IN a chase and not out of one, so pairing M&A with it would only hinder its effects... so using Furtive Chase in any Stealth Scenario is kind of pointless when you look at it from a Stealth Killers view.

Post edited by FireHazard on
  • Peasant

I just find "basically Ghostface . . . with a gun." extremely entertaining.

• FireHazard

I mean, that's all GhostFace is... a gunless M1 weirdo.

With 0 Terror Radius on Deathslinger you can basically sneak up on people with Nurse's Calling and snipe them, pretty W I L D !

• PhaloxY
    PhaloxY Member Posts: 10

Guys, remember that Furtive Chase only works while you are in a chase. This does NOT pair well with M&A in my opinion..

• Peasant

My only question would then be, when you have 0 TR does the red stain vanish?

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

No, unless you have the undetectable status effect than the Red Stain will NOT vanish.

In a chase it's meh, out of one your Deathslinger has 16 meters with M&A, which actually means in a chase you just have 8... so... yeah, I wasn't aware it only works in a chase which doesn't make a lot of sense?

So no, don't use Furtive Chase, use M&A if you want a stealth Deathslinger.

• FireHazard

Yes, thank you for letting me know.

I found this out from the comment before your comment, hence why my recent comment says "Yeah, I wasn't aware it only works in a chase which doesn't make a lot of sense?" Which it doesn't, that's an odd addition, but I suppose it's so you don't have 24 Meter Killers with 0 Terror Radiuses from this fictional combo.

So yeah, don't use this combo it's counter-productive. I guess it's called "Furtive Chase" for a reason, but it's still an unorthodox condition.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

@Peasant

Look, if you're looking for an answer to this combo than I personally wouldn't use it. It was my mistake for not knowing it only masks your Terror Radius IN a chase, but it's still a fairly bad combo anyways in my opinion.

If you're using a ranged Killer, than use perks that focus on tracking like BBQ, Whispers, Nurse's Calling, etc. If you REALLY want to use stealth deathslinger, than you can pair M&A with Make Your choice. You'll still need to get close to your target, keep track of who unhooked that Survivor, AND if they're injured or not to know if the perk even did it's job...

Personally, I wouldn't use it, but it's entirely your choice of course. If you want a solid build for DeathSlinger, than use something like Nurse's Calling, BBQ & Chili, Brutal Strength, and Whispers OR the new Hangmans Trick... depending on how far the Aura Reading is in the live version now.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

You could add Nemesis to a have a 4s aura reading on the unhooker, helping you find them if they try to be sneaky.

• FireHazard
    edited March 2020

That, or you can use Nemesis AND Dark Devotion for a pocket 0 Terror Radius.

You can reel the obsession in, hit them, than reload and go for someone who's injured or something with 0 Terror Radius. Nemesis is just there for an alternative Undetectable status effect bonus when you switch Obsessions from a stun, which I believe breaking Deathslingers chain WILL do... but i'm not 100% on that.

• Mo4ntus

How do people still not get that monitor boosts your terror radius by 8 while in a chase

• FireHazard

I'll edit the comment above so members stop saying that.

If you look at my recent comments after that comment, you can see that I found that that Furtive Chase only works IN a chase, which would be counter-productive to how Furtive Chase works if you pair M&A with it, since M&A Increases your Terror Radius in a chase while Furtive Chase decreases it in a chase, making it only 16 meters through out the match with 4 full stacks on Deathslinger...

Which might be useful I guess? But it's not really useful if you're going for a stealth Killer tbh.