Chains of Hate DLC March 10th CONFIRMED

Options
Spirez
Spirez Member Posts: 674

Comments

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

We don't need an extra week though? It's just unnecessary...

• Chop
    Chop Member Posts: 32
    Options
  • TFjawbreaker
    TFjawbreaker Member Posts: 43
    Options

I agree as well. I’m hoping the new killer is balanced and not too strong/weak, I’m just speaking on my play style. This new chapter seems very exciting and I don’t want them to rush if it’s not as polished as they’d like it to be

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

My guess, it's taking longer to get through console certification.

• Mistikus
    Mistikus Member Posts: 1,348
    Options
  • ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

What I find kinda lame about this is that the next tome is also next week.... could have been nice if we had either the new DLC or the new Tome this week to have something to do.

Are the cosmetics also kidna moved with the DLC or is that not related at all?

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

Im disappointed, its time to play civ

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Sounds good to me! Obviously I want to play it ASAP but if waiting an extra week means a more polished experience then I'm all for it

• Mistikus
    Options
  • theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

So extra week. Makes me wonder if this extra week will somehow affect the typical, BHVR style, not trigger happy change within 2 weeks after every killer release that drastically changes how killer performes.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited March 2020
    Options

Well, ######### me, i am busy all day the 10th and tomorrow I have just about enough time to play.

I hope the delay at least is worth it :T

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,021
    edited March 2020
    Options

Well it does get pretty annoying when the community is left to speculate a release date for a content drop that really, should have a release date by now. If they really did plan to release the DLC a week later, I find it odd that they said nothing until the last minute. It’s also very likely that little will change between now and next week.

People are allowed to be angry and express it, especially when the developers lack the co-ordination to keep the community well informed. It’s pretty much standard nowadays.

• K1LLR0CKNR0LL
    K1LLR0CKNR0LL Member Posts: 176
    Options

You guys at BHVR do what you have to. So excited for Deathslinger!

• JakConstantine
    JakConstantine Member Posts: 118
    Options

Not a surprise though considering they needs to be balancing with the new upcoming stuff. Deathslinger needs a buff, sabotaging hooks needs a balance, new matchmaking needs to work etc. Hopefully some of the changes will be put in the PTB before it becomes live so we can test them out first.

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165
    Options

whaat? bhvr delaying an update? that's like... unheard of

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

Its not that i think its because we are use to when a new patch come out its extremly buggy and i think they extra week wont matter for that issue

• Shirokuro
    Shirokuro Member Posts: 182
    edited March 2020
    Options

A lot of people have suggested that the devs should stop making new content and only focus on fixing bugs for some time but unfortunately that's not really happening since the game needs new content to keep the player numbers up.

So I guess this is a good way to keep both sides somewhat happy. New content is still on the way but having an extra week to tweak things and fix bugs will probably make quite a difference.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806
    Options

Y'all can choose to wait a bit more time for the update to be properly released without bugs and broken things, or don't wait and generate more complaints amongst the community. I'll have to go with the first option myself.

Go outside until then, have some fun with friends and family.

Smh.

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136
    Options

This is the best you can do imho. I know that waiting sucks and everyone can't wait to get their hands on the new killer, it is always better to wait a few days longer for maybe some more bugfixes or a little better designed features.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Post edited by Heroiq on
  • Shirokuro
    Options

People like you annoy me twice as much to be perfectly honest. Many have been asking for 'Project Health' for ages but since that's not really an option, this is a step to the right direction and people are allowed to be happy or at least optimistic about it.

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363
    Options

Am I the only one happy with this? Didn't play as much as I wanted this weekend so I wasn't able to collect near 1000K bloodpoints, I have time for that now :)

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

@not_Queen But aren't you afraid to release both the challenges and the DLC the same week might create some issues ? Like a really long queue killer time or people DCing because they are not versing the new killer ?

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

If an extra week after PTB actually ends up helping in the long run, great, but I take it with a huge grain of salt. Weird how the community is so optimistic of this extra week and how much good it will do for the game when the devs have said they are doing things before and near enough failed to deliver, not always, but it happens.

• Shirokuro
    Options

Very mature.

The only times Bhvr has postponed something so far (afaik) is when they've had problems so obviously there's been nothing godlike yet. Now they'll get more time to do other things even if the actual new content is already ready to go.

Besides, nothing is probably gonna be god quality in your eyes if your attitude towards the devs and supporters is like that.

• Ardjet
    Ardjet Member Posts: 85
    Options

You know, I'm not surprised this annoys you. It goes well along the lines of how many in this community approach pretty much everything. The game is buggy and unbalanced, queue times are too long, content is bad, updates are late, everything is unacceptable and doesn't align with your entitled plans, etc. One can't help but wonder why people who argue like this even stay? There are other games out there, and absolutely nobody is stopping you from playing them instead.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

Skins probably won't get pushed back. We weren't likely to get anything new this week anyway (we usually don't on launch week) so we'll probably just get something new the day after on the 11th, I'm guessing.

They could still be pushed back but I don't see a reason or need for them too.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Maybe we could at least know about any planned changes please? 🥰🥰🥰😘

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

I also were really hyped for the release and i got really sad after i heard that, but they have their reasons. Like the other already said, i rather would wait some more days than get too many bugs or something. That being said, no one should get mad because they delay it.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

This is exactly why they don't give exact dates for anything. No one ever officially said the new stuff was coming today. Yes in the past it's been like that. Nothing legally binding is forcing them to release today. They never promised it would be out today.

A week is not a long time. I've been at about 1.5 million bloodpoints for awhile (counting unclaimed dailys and tome challenges) but ive also been leveling my last 3 survivors to level 40.

Regardless, while i don't think an extra week is long enough, i feel they need extra time between chapters for health reasons. This is not a huge deal.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited March 2020
    Options

I think it’s great that you guys are pushing the updates back so you can catch more issues before the release. It’s better to wait a week but have a stable patch than rush it out the door and have a bunch of gamebreaking bugs plague it.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

Lol so true. Sound bug?!?!?! Nah we’ll focus on that pixel because selling this chapter is far more important.

• BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Options

Man i love this game and have for years but if it doesn't get some excitement injected soon in the form of something new (breakable pre-thrown pallets ain't it), fix the massive list of bugs, and find a way to shorten queues I think this ride is about over!! Please tell me im wrong! Hoping I am. :'(

• Mistikus
    Options

did they pushed back skins with the fvery first rift it might be the same case here but only time will tell