Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Wiggle us useless........

Why have a feature in a game if you have a 4 percent chance to get off. It is useless.

So many players have wiggled all the way only to get on a hook anyway.

And on top of that the wiggle feature tears up a PlayStation controller.

I think the wiggle feature should be giving a remake , percentage should go up were it is worth wiggling to get free so that the survivor have more than a 4 percent chance , which by the way who ever came up with that is well an moron.

There nothing to gain for the survivor except on a hook after all the wiggling and now there controller is damaged....

I have heard of story's of players hands having blisters on them, to this is the 4 controller I have bought it is senseless for devoted players to DBD to go threw this torcher...

Any of the other players have anything to add?

Comments

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

Are you talking about wiggle or struggle? Because wiggle is not percent based, its more luck. Perks help it such as Boil Over, Flip-flop and breakout, but it's more based on how close you went down to a hook. Players taking hits and stuff like that will increase your chances of wiggling out.

If you are talking about struggle, there is no escape, another player must save you. I am going to assume you mean "Kobe" off a hook, as in when you are still in the first stage of being hooked. There are perks and offerings that assist in this, but its not meant to be a absolute thing.

It's supposed to be something you can't really accomplish. Otherwise why wouldn't everyone just Kobe on first hook so their other survivors wouldn't have to worry about saving them?

• kucerka
    kucerka Member Posts: 186

Why it would tear up PS controller? I have the same controller for 5 years, I play basically daily and it's still fictional like brand new 🤷🏻‍♂😁.

• DYNAMICskills7
    DYNAMICskills7 Member Posts: 129

I hope it’s a option and not force changed one day. I prefer the joystick and people don’t know you can just spin it 360 degrees repeatedly instead. While pc on the other hand is annoying for bad keyboard players.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited March 2020

Last time I did not wiggle a Trapper with Agitation got everyone slugged before hooking me.

Btw you don't have to break your controller or keyboard to wiggle, a gentle movement is enough.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

Just so we're clear, I'm only making a note of it to bring to the team, it's not a confirmations that it will change.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

Most pc players macro space or A+D to not break our fingers and electronics

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Y'know the wiggle is locked to a certain tick rate right? Calmly circling the joystick on console is equivalent to your Mario Party style palm blistering spinning.

Same with tapping to not die. Although a small lag spike will completely ######### you over so that one is valid.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Just wait until tomorrow, op.

• kld3169
    kld3169 Member Posts: 101
    edited March 2020

I changed mine from keyboard Spacebar to mousewheel to not die after second hook. (Tapping) I just have to move the wheel at a constant medium speed to keep the "claws" off.

A & D seem just fine for me regarding wiggle.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Understood but both PS4 and Xbox may see this as a massive quality of Life adjustment. I have replaced more controllers because of this game as i'm sure as have others.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

Wiggle is extremely responsive on PS4, for me.

Using the joystick for wiggle can be done gently and still achieve the desired result. Also, it doesn't strain your joints and is reliable..

Pressing buttons (for me) is more prone to error and lack of recognition in-game.

• greekfire774
    greekfire774 Member Posts: 170

@Peanits absolutely no offense, but it's definitely something that needs to change. I've broken 2 controllers joysticks just from trying to wiggle free, and both controllers had shotty A buttons due to the struggle on hook. Both of these issues really need to be addressed and if a post was made directed towards Xbox and PS4 players asking for their opinion, I guarantee you would have dozens of similar situations that have happened.

• greekfire774

@Peanits to put that into perspective for you, that's literally $120 I've spent just on controllers due to a mechanic in your game that has broken my controllers. It's pretty obnoxious to be fair about it and I'm sure you would be equally upset if you were the one put into that situation. Went weeks without gaming both replacements because i couldn't afford controllers immediately. It's just not cool.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I agree that we should have more wiggle options on ps4 but you absolutely do not need to smash your joystick to wiggle. If you're breaking your controller then you're being too rough.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I agree on changing the button on Console. The only thing that really sucks about wiggling, is that there are times when you're at 99% and if the killer were required to stand directly in front of the hook to actually hook you, you could break free. A lot of times I see myself get to 99% and the Killer is still on the left or right of the hook and they're able to Target and select hook and it teleports them in front of the hook and then finishes the animation. I've seen this with lockers to, the killer doesn't have to be directly in front of the locker to Target it and open it. They can start from the left or right of the locker and then it teleports them to the front of it.

• greekfire774
    edited March 2020

@brokedownpalace different internet connections cause different issues with some people. I don't have completely flawless internet. I have good internet and I am always green bar but even I have trouble getting the game to even register that im struggling or that I'm wiggling. In those instances it is only natural to try and get the thumbstick or A button to work and over time it takes a huge toll on your controllers. Your personal experiences with this aren't everybodys experience.

• Jackel
    Jackel Member Posts: 23

Both wiggle and struggle are useless, I get that wiggle is to keep killer from base ment , but alot of times it is useless, and I know alot if player who fell the same....

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

You literally have to barely move the analog stick to wiggle at full speed. Youre just a clunky moron who rages and breaks controllers. Get over yourself

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Since we can’t be there in the meeting when you present the idea, would you mind sprinkling in a little bit of pleading on our behalf? Thank you kindly! 😉

• Jackel
    Jackel Member Posts: 23

I've had it were the killer downed me half way across the map I wiggled all the way ,

I got 99% and what do you know hook in the basement anyway....It need to be reworked.....

• greekfire774

@Zaitsev buddy I'm red rank on both sides every month. Probably stomp you any day of the week in here. Calling me a moron over a legitimate complaint is obsurd. Get you're uncontrollable anger in check over a game bud. You're the one who's literally acting like a pissed off, jumped up jerk. Get over yourself kid.

• greekfire774

@Zaitsev the fact you comment on one comment without ever reading my first comment and clearly having no context is, well, pretty lazy on your part. It's not hard to read and actually process what's been said before you comment. It's actually super easy.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I was about to say this. If wiggling is breaking your controller, you're doing it wrong.

• CornMoss
    CornMoss Member Posts: 538

Can u explain why we cannot have completely custom controls on console? It kinda sucks as I want to get more optimal button inputs while playing killer

• Zaitsev

Oof. Somebodys fragile masculinity got triggered. You dont need to break the controller to wiggle ffs, therefore, its not a "legitamate" complaint. The mechanic works fine. Also, being rank one isnt an achievement bud. Its not hard, especially as surv.

• Zaitsev

Also two comments defending yourself? Idk man, seems kinda like a moron to me.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

the only thing i agree on is that the wiggle feature tears up a PlayStation controller it actually does when you have the same controller for too long. i had to buy 3 new controllers last year

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Just a tip, you can roll the stick in a circle for the same effect, wiggling is very frustrating but rolling the stick around the edge of the thing it's in works just as well.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I thought everyone would agree that button mashing for wiggle and struggle are tedious and unneccessery?

i am playing with a controller on pc and even though my stick and buttons didn’t break (yet) I still think a rework should come (press and hold the button? Automatically but skillcheck-based? Anything other than what we have now..)

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Having played alot of arcade games when I was a youth putting my palm down on a joystick to wiggle once in awhile is not problem but I can see that if someone isn't used to that, the struggles would seem useless. The only joystick I ever wore to a nub was my gamecube due to resident evil 4 action sequences.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

I agree, we should just remove wiggle altogether and every time a killer picks us up we should just instantly jump back off!

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

I fully agree that struggle is pointless, wish it was more of an automatic thing... But wiggle totally works with team work.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Wiggling is not suppose to guarntee an escape, it is just there to prevent the killer from carrying to the basement.

However, if you want more bang for your buck, try Tenacity and Flip-Flop combo. Tenacity allows you to position yourself further than 8 seconds from a hook, and Flip-Flop shaves off 8 seconds from the wiggle meter, roughly. :)

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

You don't have to do that. Literally just spin your control stick. You don't even have to do it quickly. It works great and doesn't damage your controller.