Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

After more than 1000 hours, I quit.

Every game is nothing but tunneling, camping, and/or slugging at five gens. It's so predictable and boring. I literally do not even see the point in making saves anymore. Survivor wait times are a minimum of five minutes for me, and the first time you're down, the game is over. I wanted to try to stick out this Tome in case I ever came back, but I'm done. This community is so toxic and the game just isn't fun anymore. Challenges have completely ruined the survivor side of the game and there's no going back, sadly.

Good luck to all of you who are sticking with it. I'm sad to walk away after so long, but it's a miserable experience as a solo survivor now.

Comments

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464

I don't see much tunneling or camping or slugging either but in the trash ranks all they do is camp and tunnel the entire game.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I am sorry that you feel that way. I understand this game can be frustrating but you have to do what is best for you.

I hope you will return one day and have fun again.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

Tunneling and camping are rampant on PS4, which is where OP plays too, I think.

Even before the Ruin nerf, I dreaded getting too high in rank because there's so much camping & tunneling with red ranked killers there.

• toxcitynacl

From my experience on Xbox...not much camping or tunneling at the Purple Ranks (hasn't been at Red for awhile)..maybe 2 games out of 50.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

It's similar (in my experience) on PS4. Purple ranked killer matches tend to be more interesting, with camping & tunneling tactics less frequently used.

Either way, I've been having the same general experience overall in solo on PS4, so I can sympathize with OP's burnout. But I'm glad not everyone is going through it!

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

Pallets and looping so you dont end up there in the first place.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Your reply literally makes no sense context wise...

Person A (op) complains about being camped/tunneled/slugged.

Person B (you) says "blame the devs for not nerfing gen speed and survivor perks"

Person C (me) says "some killers will tunnel/camp/slug even if survivors had no perks and 9999% increased gen times"

Person B reacts "just learn how to loop so you don't get camped/tunneled/slugged"

• just_a_noob
    just_a_noob Member Posts: 247

I always thought camping and tunnelling were the worst in green and yellow ranks. I’ve never really had an issue with it in red/purple ranks until just before ruin got nerfed. There might be the odd game but it didn’t happen often. It’s the one of the reasons I would grind to get to red ranks. Now I can’t even find a red rank killer. I’m just getting matched with green/yellow/grey rank killers.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

It makes perfect sense. You are saying we need these perks to counter these activities when we dont. You just need to play better and use the available pallets and loops to prevent getting caught.

But yes if you do get caught its no surprise you are camped/tunneled because its an effective way to get rid of someone.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

No it makes no sense. I replied to your "killers/tunnel/slug camp because gen times" statement. I said people will always camp/tunnel/slug even if gen times were increased by 9999% because some do it as they enjoy it. Therefore telling me "don't get caught" makes no sense as I merely mentioned that many killers camp/tunnel/slug anyways and not just because of gen speed.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

I dont care about being tunneled, camped or slugged. Well, slugged is boring, but the rest is not. I just need to get better, so I laugh and move on to the next match. (Sometimes I memorize the killers nickname to mori him if i get him in a future match as killer, but only in days im in bad mood).

The main thing is that if you have a low queue time between matches, you wouldnt care so much about dying quickly in a match. Thanks God the Brazilian server queues are fine, some minutes for survivor and instant for killer.

But, the way is improve your skill as survivor. So you can get tunneled but you can laugh a lot looping, 360, dribling, stuning the killer in a long chase.

Remember, dying is not losing in this game. In the other hand, killing nobody isnt either losing. Having fun is the thing, as killer and as survivor.

GG and move on.

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364

Survivors DO NOT NEED nerfs wow. Gen speed time goes I believe killer needs a nerf as well to slow down the game. Do you even consider how fast teams of 4 can get wiped as well? One hit knocks and if losing one survivor then survivors are at a huge disadvantage. Every survivors actions matter. It’s not fair to survivors right now because of all the killer abilities that allow them to slam people with ridiculous melee range, sneaky abilities, whatever. It’s insane. It’s not a fun experience for survivors doing 5 gens anyways as it is a chore to do them. I wish the game was more than just pushing LB and RB a bunch of times on vaulting, repairing whatever. It’d be cool if we could find things on the map that belong to specific methods of escaping. But seriously, the killers can all around be OP as hell. They’ll inevitably find someone and someone will almost always go down. I don’t think survivors are given enough of a chance to play after they get caught ONCE just as much as gens get done really fast. So screw off man. Doing gens feels like a chore anyways. How about you be happy people play survivor for you being the killer. Be happy someone’s playing the game still. Because after playing solo survivor I don’t feel like looking for a hatch every game because my team goes down 1 minute into the game. Don’t act like survivors can’t get slammed too just as gens can. Nerf killers.

• BulletsNonstop

Dying IS losing most of the time because it can happen early on and so little points can be gained. Killer ABSORBS the damn points.

• BulletsNonstop
    edited February 2020

Map design is a problem - why do places you’re running the killer through always seem to be a dead end? Blocking off abused windows when that literally means you’ve created a place survivors can vault through where killers are then forced to have to go all the way around? No, they can go through them too, so why are you blocking vaults from “abuse”? Especially when killers have insane melee range to lay people the hell out across vaults? I think fixes need to be done to killers. Not survivors. Why would toolboxes need fixing when killers have Moris? Can’t survivor death be swift? Why shouldn’t gens? People need to stop.

Post edited by BulletsNonstop on
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I guess the ruin change is still backfiring. I wonder what'll happen when sabo and toolbox changes will go through

• LordEmrich
    LordEmrich Member Posts: 258

You shouldn't be going by their rule book regardless. Killers aren't here to appease Survivors; only to make their lives a living Hell.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

You had a fair amount of fun. Thats ok.

• BulletsNonstop

how is that even true when 4/5 people in each lobby are survivors? Survivors aren’t here to appease killers either. Without them you wouldn’t have anyone’s live to make “a living hell” so please...

• BulletsNonstop

They ought to make it harder on killers

• BulletsNonstop

this games for people who got sick of getting their ass whooped by counselors in Friday the 13th playing Jason.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

If sabo takes hold i dare to think of what que times will be like for survs. No killer is gonna want to deal with that. That is just not fun.

If they want killers to hang around i suggest they seriously think hard about the changes and how they would impact their game.

Chasing good survs and then finally getting them only to be denied the hook by a 1 second sabo? All this will do is force killers to use hangmans and slug, which is fun for killers that have information perks on what is happening, but horrible for survs.

• Fengmin200
    Fengmin200 Member Posts: 64

I would like to know your opinion (with the new Doctor) !!

For people who say "bye bye" or whatever, don't forget that; the fewer people there will be, the more the game will fall (more updates, nothing)!

I have not yet clicked, but with the nurse's nerve, and Gorgon .. and now this Doctor completely cheated ...... it will be hard for you

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Same, game is already mindbogglingly easy, and Devs keep babyproofing it further

(see shack wall)

• LordEmrich

Because 4/5 people in the lobby are there solely for the Killer to kill. Nothing more. I trapped you in my complex so you play by my rules not the other way around. You are literally only there to appease me and my bloodlust.

That's the biggest issue with this game. The Survivors get all the advantages when on reality they should have zero advantages. I've never seen a horror movie where the victims defeat the Killer this easily.

• RobMeister88
    RobMeister88 Member Posts: 351

Then go play killer or go play some civilization, for a refreshing change.

In all honesty though if slugging is so frequent then run Unbreakable and/or No Mither. Besides, jungle gyms and killer shack still exist.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

And killers dont want survivors to do there objective which is gen

• toxcitynacl

Newsflash Bucky...this ain't no horror movie. If you actually made it like one where 99% of the survivors all died every time you would have ZERO survivors playing this game and where would you be then Paco? I guess playing Roblox. And if all treated this like a horror movie pretty sure you wouldn't really like the outcome. Why do gens? Killer probably likely to be hanging around those to try to kill me...ain't going near there...so instead your best bet is just hide and hide good and hope he goes away....I guess after the 6th hour of so of you looking for the four "do nothing but hide" survivors you'd get just a little bit bored now wouldn't ya?

• LordEmrich

It's not a horror movie...it's just a game based on horror movies, with Killers based on horror movie Killers, with licensed horror movie Killers, with Survivors placed in a horror movie scenario.

And yes I know if this game wasn't ggez for the Survivor side they wouldn't play cause they don't actually want a challenge. They just come to DbD to take a break from being completely obliterated over in Call of Duty or Fortnite. They know they can no brain this game and get to Rank 1 and feel like they h actually accomplished something.

• toxcitynacl

But you don't want survivors to carry anything into the game--no flashlights, no toolboxes, no keys, no maps, no med kits--and you at least implied not to have any perks either. You just want a bunch of potatoes you can just slaughter left and right...and what this tells me is you are simply not very good at playing killer. Maybe you should try your luck at survivor since it is apparently so easy...maybe you'll have better luck.

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206

This is what happens when you take away ruin and other mechanics which acted as a band aid to the gen rush phenomenon, killers stop playing so nice and begin to do whatever they need to do in order to win or not get outright bullied.

Every since ruin has been gutted, the amount of killers who downright camp, tunnel, slug, or BM has increased drastically (at least for me). We killer mains, did try to tell the developers that this doesn't only affect the survivors positively, but negatively as well. But did they listen? Of course not.

• SurvivorsAreRuined
    SurvivorsAreRuined Member Posts: 75

The survivor perks don’t need a nerf they help keep you off their behind because Killers can catch up to someone so easily, do you even realize that with the current speed and having exposed and Mori’s how easy it is to keep survivors down? I think it’s funny they nerf toolboxes so bad to where they’re almost unusable. From 130 charges to 24 for the purple toolboxes? That’s not an excessive decrease? What about Mori’s? How about they don’t show up in every bloodweb tree for every level? Killers being able to mow people down so easily isn’t fun for survivors either. You want to fix DCs give survivors more survivability. Map design can help with taller bushes to hide in and higher than knee high crates to crouch behind. Cmon devs. From a solo standpoint it’s unplayable. But then people work together and everyone that plays killer complain about survivor informational perks’ information being relayed to other people.

• SurvivorsAreRuined
    SurvivorsAreRuined Member Posts: 75

You using fix gen time as an excuse to camp hooks is inexcusable and unacceptable. I’ve seen plenty of killers get all 4 while dealing with this gen speed that seems so fast to you. I don’t see it as fast enough. I think it should be faster the less gens there are to do because it then becomes easier for killers to patrol gens. Only fair.

• MarksmanSpecal
    MarksmanSpecal Member Posts: 117

Dont know, where to start...

I´m playing this headache for more than 3k hours, playing both sides, and when playing killer, i play all of them. So neither a survivor or killer main, nor a nurse main or so.

1. they nerfed ruin, cause it was unfun. Now even a monkey is able to hit skillchecks, so the typical 5-hours-Dwight is as dangerous as a survivor with 1 k hour. Not, because he can loop forever, but he can hold M1. This - imho - stupid decision to kill ruin leaves no chance to be friendly, cause the gens are just flying.
    2. map-size: the - insert any bad word here - maps are too big, if u arent playing Nurse, Billeh, or any other mobile killer. and, there are a lot of maps with hardcore-timewasting obstacles. Ironworks of Infinite with the funny window, most farm maps with absolutly safe pallets or other stupid windows.
    3. the result of 1. and 2. is, playing killer is more annoying and stressful, than it was before. U r forced to play more lame, to slow the gens down. Means, if a survivor runs to a timewaster, i have to cut the chase. For example, Nea got unhooked by Jeff. I go back to the hook, wanna chase Jeff (cause no tunneling) and Jeffs heads to a timewaster. Means, i have to stop chasing him and switch targets. Guess which scratchmarks or blood on the ground i´ll find. Happy tunnelers day for Nea. With old ruin up, most times i brute-forced this loops, because i had the time to do so. Now, i definitly do not have any time.
    4. Slowing genspeed also means to try to get the survivors away from gens. If i chase Nea, Jeff, Dwight and, let´s take Jake (cause he´s my main) are pumping gens. 33 seconds, when they are working at one gen. Looking at the example regarding the unhook, how many survivors are away from gens? Just Jeff, cause he got chased, and for a short amount of time Nea. So, once again, 3 survivors are working. But, if i tunnel Nea, wait, until BT runs out and down her, and than chase Jeff, only 1 survivor can hold M1. Remember, Nea is downed, Jeff is being chased, lets say Dwight works at the gen and Jake has to leave the gen to heal Nea. Is it fun? No. Not for a killer, not for survivors. @ScottJund said it perfectly: do killers need ruin? No. But old ruin gave killers the possibility to play fair.
    5. Of course there are scumlords, who enjoy camping. Same goes for the clickyclicky-t-bag-faction. U have morons playing killer as well as playing survivor, with the only intention, to ruin your game. If someone gets camped, just hold M1 and dont be too althruistic. Dont give a camper the pleasure to get more than one kill. Cant remember when i got camped (after all gens are done, of course, but there´s not much a killer can do except camping or at least proxy and hope to trade). Btw, playing both sides in red ranks for nealry 3k hours. Camping at red ranks is just a depip for the killer, so why should someone to this?
    6. Try to play both sides to get a bett4er understanding, not only for the mechanics, but also for the complains. While playing survivor i ´m really annyoed holding M1 for 80 seconds, it´s just stupid. Playing killer i feel the vomit rising when i see toolboxes or so.
    7. Last but not least: no one of us is here to appease the "other side". No DBD without killers, same without survivors. Just nerf killers a lil bit more and enjoy the lobby times ... Everyone should just remember his or her goal: fix gens and open the gate; or hunt down and kill survivors. It´s really that easy. Three objectives for two sides make a video game.
  • LordEmrich

I never implied they couldn't have perks. I just don't see why they need to bring in items when items can be looted through the maps. I'm a great Killer. I'm not one of those Killers that sees 4 toolboxes or flashlights and lobby dodges. It personally doesn't affect me one way or the other. It just makes no sense when you look at the scenario they're in.

And, no, I'd never waste money on a game that allows you to play as the villain/monster/killer and choose to play as the normal boring human. I can do that in GTA Online if that's what I wanna do.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328

And I've never seen a game where one side was guaranteed to fail per default. Do you know the difference between a game and a movie?