How is this ok? In any circumstances

Options
2»

Comments

• Joao_Bandicoot
    Joao_Bandicoot Member Posts: 286
    Options

If you not going to play "badly" you can avoid getting downed fast as a survivor as well.

I'm not judging the quality of any player on my post that you are mentioning, I just stated how much of the Killer objective was done and how much of the Survivors objective was done.

• AddictedToMosh
    AddictedToMosh Member Posts: 116
    Options

Can we please stop changing subjects? Some players in this thread are constantly diverting attention from the issue, refusing to address how broken generator speeds are. It doesn't matter if Otz got a 4k or not. That's not the point of this video. Stop acting like children.

• Nøti
    Nøti Member Posts: 12
    Options

so how are survivors able to make mistakes? because that's how killers down survivors so quick, they capitalize on survivors mistakes, being able to complete a gen before the killer can walk over to it is just stupid and doesn't take skill

• Nøti
    Nøti Member Posts: 12
    Options

also the game isn't necessarily about the fun in a 1v1 scenario, the games ment to be a 4v1 and it's treated that way, so if killers have to tunnel one person down to keep them from progressing gens they will seeing as they have no other option anymore

• AddictedToMosh
    AddictedToMosh Member Posts: 116
    Options

The Trapper is pretty much unplayable at red ranks, at least in my opinion. Setting up traps takes too much time, and they get closed anyway because most players are in SWF groups.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Seems like they 3 stacked on a gen which the items and or perks only make up the loss in gen time of them splitting up.

27x3 =81s so its still slightly less efficient than each being on their own one.

3 stacking on a gen while it seems fast its really statistically no different than normal as they still need to take the time to run between gens but the downside is they can be scattered more easily.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951
    Options

Hey all, just gonna point out the difference between a survivor going down in 27 seconds compared to a gen being done.

Survivor goes down: survivor failed to loop properly, did not throw down pallets, did not know how to navigate the map and because of that lost a chase.

Killer loses gen: Killer could not reach that side of the map in time to stop the generator from being completed.

See the difference? One is under the control of the player involving skill, and the other is just rng going "No WoRk HaRdEr"

• Danu
    Danu Member Posts: 281
    Options

Yes but the difference is typically start game is the least pressure for survivors as killer is in search phase, endgame is most pressure so it makes sense that gens would go faster in start than end for survivors, its not proportional and consistent throughout the game whereas killer applies more pressure endgame and should have a higher hook rate later game

• mmorrow8
    mmorrow8 Member Posts: 59
    Options

As someone who plays survivor 85% of the time but has enough experience for both sides I feel like I need to say some stuff. First off, SWF aren't really a big problem in my eye. I've had little to no problems killing them and when I play SWF all we really say is what killer it is and if the killer camps. We don't go all out and set up specific builds to piss the killer off. Secondly, if you can't apply gen pressure for the first few gens it doesn't mean you lose. If they don't have good gen placement they have a low chance of getting out as long as you've killed someone, and even if you haven't if you're a good enough killer you can pull it off. Plus gen speeds aren't that bad, it typically takes a minute or two to get one popped in my matches as killer. Third off, as killer I run perks that aren't all that aren't recommended for people with the same main but they work beautifully and I don't have to run it constantly to get 4ks. As survivor, I run the same build 90% of the time because the other perks either never work in my favor, or are extremely worthless in my opinion. Of course this is also based on play style so if I played differently I'd have different builds, which I've done for videos and it's about 50/50 when it comes to survival chances. Lastly, if you're playing a low tier killer and/or is on a unbalanced map then you have a lower chance of success based on what killer you are and whether the survivors are smart on that map or not. What I typically use is Spies from the Shadows, it's actually pretty underrated ngl and it's very helpful because one little notification can destroy the survivors in an instant. I also use Unrelenting, NOED, and I think Bloodhound. I keep on confusing the two with the wolf heads but whatever one makes the blood brighter, that's what I bring. (As a survivor main I used to complain bout NOED but I know how useful it can be sometimes, it's not always clutch because I can usually get more than half the people killed before EGC). The majority of the "Oh it's killer sided" and "Oh it's survivor sided" is based on view and personally I think that there are certain areas where it's killer sided and some areas were it's survivor sided, but i can definitely see both sides of the argument.

• Melted_
    Melted_ Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2020
    Options

lmao crutch perks aren't mandatory. that many survivors just suck to the point they think they need 16 crutches. none of them need buffed, either. they're strong enough as they are now. thinking they need a buff leads back to you not being good

• SteveStevenson
    SteveStevenson Member Posts: 3
    Options

It just looks like they got a gen and he tunneled them down like most killers. If he was a good killer I would feel for him but damn. The hook monitoring was real. However to respond to the issue people are concerned about, just put gen pressure on and then you don't have to worry about it.

• InTheBushes321
    InTheBushes321 Member Posts: 72
    Options

Maybe because he's in the top .1% of killers? The question is "how does an average killer deal with this", and this answer is, "they don't", which is why this game is losing killers.

I can't believe people are stupid enough to respond with "but it's a 4k" or posts like yours, ignoring the fact that this guy is an extremely skilled streamer and likely one of the best killers in the game.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

To me, it shouldn't even be possible to complete a gen in less than 60 seconds.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

Survivors have a million ways to avoid all that. You make it sound as if pallets and loops and perks don't exist.

• doodledot
    doodledot Member Posts: 70
    Options

Holy ######### I never saw so much ######### complaining in my life. Normal people when they don't like a game they quit playing it. But no, all of you hop on your flip phones and started sweating on the forums. Just shut the ######### up

• DoingGens_You
    DoingGens_You Member Posts: 10
    Options

Otz is literally one of the best killers in DBD. If he decides to sweat he can usually 4k unless the survivors are gods.

• Oberon
    Oberon Member Posts: 84
    Options

The most puzzling part of this comment is that you think people use flip phones...

• Hex_Hex
    Hex_Hex Member Posts: 11
    Options
  • Oberon
    Oberon Member Posts: 84
    Options

I was under the impression that the only flip phones with internet capability were the Galaxy Z and the Motorola Razr... And I don't think everyone is going to be spending $900 and $1500, respectively, on flip phones...

• Okoru
    Okoru Member Posts: 144
    Options

Yo

survivors don't HAVE to run these perks to live. Survivors run these perks because they're the most OP survivor perks. There are plenty of people not running the standard 4 perks and still very successful.

• TheLoner
    TheLoner Member Posts: 1
    Options

What if you don't want to have to play optimized killer builds? What if you want to experiment and try to find something that you enjoy? A build should be one possible way to play the game, not a necessity to win.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

You can experiment but then don't complain if gens might go too fast. If I get tunnelled after unhooking, I can't complain if I don't run ds.

Good builds aren't a necessity to win but they are the best possible way of winning. Most games you can be ok with bad builds but if you face a good team on a bad map then don't complain that you got gen rushed when using your average build.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

how can that be the killers fault when he literally didnt even had the chance to walk over there and defend it?

27 seconds is insane, there is literally nothing you can do against that as killer.

"just apply map pressure", am i right?

and lets be honest, if that team had been a decent team / if it had been a killer that is not godlike like Otz, they would have had quite an easy round of DbD.

• Mister_xD
    Options

which, again, has nothing to do with the main topic.

the topic is that they repaired a gen in 27 seconds. the outcome of the match is a completely different story - and ive seen the video, they literally threw the game.

• Young_A
    Young_A Member Posts: 13
    Options

Keep in mind there's 4 survivors doing gens meanwhile there's one killer,I'm just pointing this out because a killers job is legit to kill, what else is he supposed to do? Go guard his totems? Even with survivors being afk or hiding there's still 3 people as to the one killer.. I love it like that and wouldn't want to see it change I love the asymmetrical aspect of dbd but I feel like people forget that that does make things harder for the killer. Also not trying to hate, just food for thought type thing

• devilmurderer34
    devilmurderer34 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I agree, when i'm playing as survivor almost every game i get found first and then tunneled and camped. i try to run builds but it just leads back to me getting tunneled and even with DS it only gives me like and extra minute before i get caught and hooked again, and the game is so laggy with the servers that it makes it hard to hit DS.

• Teshie
    Teshie Member Posts: 19
    Options

Because Killers play solo against 4. Also not fair? Killers need 12 hooks while survivors need 5 gens.

• frostthejack
    frostthejack Member Posts: 9
    Options

Killer here. Grow up. That looks like a good have to me. Are you seriously complaining that survivors managed to get gens done?

• Sasorii19
    Sasorii19 Member Posts: 27
    Options

It's called get good and run Noed like a bum

• Thanatos_x
    Thanatos_x Member Posts: 201
    Options

In theory survivors would only have to spend 135 seconds on gens and they would all be done. And that wasn't even all 4 survivors on one gen lol, it was probably only two honestly. But no, gens are fine. Just get better at the game lol, why wasn't he using Corrupt Pop Discordance and Thrilling Tremors I mean clearly he doesn't know how to play smh.... Don't cry about gen times if you don't use x perks every single game! Self righteous killer mains sigh

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I mean I completely agree that this video proves nothing, and that this is no proof at all that killers are underpowered, but how does this show that this game is fairly killer sided?

• shmox11
    shmox11 Member Posts: 2
    Options

So you have never played against Billy when 3 of you were on a gen? First person gets downed before they knew what was happening.

2nd is downed a couple seconds after that after he lights up the chainsaw again.

3rd is trying to help other downed member and gets cut down.

Now if is completely up to the 4th person to try to stay hidden while saving the team. I've had games end up like this within the first 3-5 mins of the match.

I'm not a good player but that stuff is just dumb. " Wonder who the killer is?" Chainsaw noises..." Nvm, I'm down. He is after you now...I'll just crawl away and lay here hoping someone will help"

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175
    Options

It does in that it doesn't seem like there's a problem.

• Mister_xD
    Options

so by the same logic:

if i use the strongest killer with their strongest add ons and the strongest offering, screw up somewhere in the game and only end up getting a 2k, that means all of what i just used is perfectly fine and balanced, as i got 2 kills - the devs balance goal.

or when i massively screw up and only get 1 kill, that means all of what i just used is underpowered and needs buffs, as the balance goal is 2 kills.

see the flawed logic there?

the outcome of my game does not determine the power level of the things i used.

its the exact same with this scenario: the outcome of the game does not determine whether the gen popping 27 seconds in was balanced or not.

thats two entirely different stories.

• CrispyChestnuts
    CrispyChestnuts Member Posts: 175
    Options

Lol nice straw man you're arguing with, what'd you name him?