Toolbox Sabotage needs a nerf

The Perk Sabotage has a much-needed cooldown, but toolboxes? Survivors can bring those into the game to their hearts content, without wasting a perk slot, and sabotage hooks back to back making it impossible to hook people at times. I don't think it's dangerous enough for survivors to break hooks. I've had a couple games now where a survivor with sabotage denied me of multiple hooks within SECONDS. It's just way too fast, way too easy, and with very little danger. I'm not sure how it should be nerfed, but it desperately needs it. I don't think I'm the only one facing this problem (or maybe I am, I don't know). It's too fast, too easy, and disproportionately hurts the killer by giving them a 'new objective' (Protect your hooks). And Slugging only works so much. Picking a survivor back up often makes it impossible to get them to a hook.

Comments

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I didn't see sabos so far, maybe just one or two tries. Toolboxes have limited use, I think the brown and yellow ones just have 3-4 uses and sometimes you need to sabo two hooks to deny the hooking. I think from the current rate, it is quite ok, because it is rare. And when you hit someone while sabotaging, he can only restart with toolboxes (perk would be on cooldown, so this is a high risk), but the charges are gone, stealing you one possible chance to sabo.

The only thing I'm really afraid of is organized sabo squads. Combining the perk and toolboxes to use the perk whenever it is ready and toolbox in the meantime would kinda give infinite sabos (at least for the duration of one match). And if the two closest (maybe with Bond or Empathy) get organized to go for the sabos while the last one still keeps pushing gens, this could make it almost impossible to hook someone.

I just saw a streamer team going for sabo + No Mither for 2 days, and got killed most of the time. But probably No Mither isn't the best perk to "abuse" the new sabo. It will definitely be an annoying game.

• XRuecian
    XRuecian Member Posts: 118

I have had a few survivors sabo hooks right after i downed someone. At least 4 or 5 times they have tried, and only once has it ever worked. Most of the time you can just reach a different hook without a problem. Or, if they sabotage the hook before you even pick up the other survivor, just leave him on the ground and chase the saboteur for 30 seconds, and then the hook respawns. 30 seconds goes by really fast, you can usually use that time to get a hit on the saboteur then just go back to the guy on the ground and hook him. If the saboteur stays around, or they sabo even more hooks, it's still not technically a loss for you. That's two survivors that are not doing gens, you are effectively wasting two peoples time, instead of just the guy you downed.

Or hell, if you down someone and a sabo shows up, just drop the guy you were carrying and fully commit to chasing the saboteur right away. Now they have one guy on the ground and one guy in a chase. They will have to send a THIRD person to pick up the guy off the ground. That's three people not doing gens, instead of the usual two when you hook someone. It might feel bad not getting to hook the first guy when you down him but it still successfully is wasting survivors most precious resource: Time.