Killers need a buff

Options

I’m posting this because it’s just not fun to play killer anymore. I had hope for this new update but sadly deathslinger turned out to be garbage. A ton of fun to play but not viable at all in the red ranks which kinda forces me to put him aside like all the other bad killers. It astounds me that they decided to nerf one of his perks and buff one of zarinas perks. The devs only listen to survivors for some reason and now the game has just turned into a bully simulator for survivors. It’s no longer fun to play and after this update, I’m going to stop spending money on this game because I don’t want to award behaviour for their terrible idea of what “balance” is. I have no idea why they nerfed ruin either but I guess to them it’s “perfect” so there is no use in talking about it since these devs are completely inept at actually doing something good for their game. They are the reason dead by daylight is slowly dying. Thanks behaviour, you took what was once one of my favourite games and destroyed it.

Comments

• XRuecian
    XRuecian Member Posts: 118
    edited March 2020
    Options

Probably just like most other dev teams when it comes to games, they don't play their own game. Probably especially not competitively. They likely play little casual games once in a while. They seem completely oblivious to what the actual balance of the game is like at the competitive level. Somehow they deem it OK to put several abilities on one killer like freddy, who has a very rich and interesting kit, yet leave trapper, wraith, and clown as killers who almost don't even have a killer power at all against a competent team.

People have been complaining for months/years that the clown wraith and trapper need love, but what did they do? They buffed doctor...?

Not that doctor didn't need a little help, too, but why was doctor higher on their priority list when there are clearly killers who are suffering way way more.

Instead of tweaking the killers that need a buff in small little patches, they make us wait 3-6 months for a full rework update when all we needed was a few small buffs here and there that shouldn't have taken more than a few weeks to put out.

People complained that Gear Head was too weak... and they nerfed it instead of buffed it?

They are driving their game off a cliff, all while laughing at our feedback and saying we don't know what we are talking about.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

They dont care about us killer mains . Lets just quit the game.

• Humanarian
    Humanarian Member Posts: 230
    Options

And remember, kids: without the Killer players, this game does not exist! :3

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921
    Options

In my opinion, I don’t think Killers are too weak. I think Survivors are too strong. Survivors don’t feel even feel half of the stress Killers feel while playing their games.

Though, some Killers should still get their designated reworks as they’re pretty outdated. And devs, stop restraining Killer perks by leashing their potential. Just let’em be.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

Every killer that's came out after legion has been nerfed after the ptb. There afraid to release an actual viable killer. Spirit slipped through the cracks, but she's slowly getting nerfed more and more too. I'm sure Billy, GF, and Freddy will receive nerfs/reworks to there base kits soon too because survivors aren't having fun against those killers. Killers are suppose to be OP and have the power role, but yet it damn sure seems it's the other way...

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Killers need more encouragment to stay, and the game needs rebalancing to make them the power role again.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

Some Killers need some QoL changes, but killers arent weak at all. Players just need some skill and game sense, but youre the perfext example of whats those players mindset.