Is Shock Therapy ever going to be reworked?

Options

Please just tell me now. Because a function that stops you from doing anything at all for a solid three seconds is complete $#!%. I lost a HATCH ESCAPE because I'm shocked? Never even knew that was a thing. Everyone hates the constant screaming from the Doctor, just about every function of this stupidly overpowered killer with free detection. Come on already!

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

The Doctor isn't overpowered, and not everyone hates going against him. I love going against him personally. He is just actually viable and can compete with survivors of all skill levels.

The entire purpose of his shock therapy is to interrup actions, that's what makes his power strong and unique. Removing that would make him completely useless. It's the one aspect that actually makes him strong in chases. And killers are supposed to be a threat in chases.

Not sure why he can interrupt hatch escapes though, that shouldn't be a thing.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

It only feels OP because you haven't learned to play around it. Doctor can be predicted and his attacks dodged - it's all part of learning to counter him. The best survivors know how to adjust their playstyle to suit the killer they're up against.

• XRuecian
    XRuecian Member Posts: 118
    edited March 2020
    Options

You have to play completely different against a doctor when it comes to looping, but that doesn't mean it cannot be done. He simply counters the normal looping procedures. If you are coming up to a pallete that you want to drop, and you hear doctor start to charge up his shock, then attempt to drop the pallet as early as you can, and if you think you wont be able to drop it in time, just keep running and take a turn away from him, and take advantage of the fact that he slowed himself down for nothing. His shock might result in stopping you from using a pallet or window, but this often only results in him getting a hit if the survivor who got shocked still sits around and tries to drop it for those two seconds instead of continuing to run without hesitating. When approaching a window, realize that he IS going to try to shock you, so run towards it and then just dart to the side and go a different way at the last second. You can bait him into shooting at the window and slowing himself down. Also, once a pallet is dropped, don't ever try to play around it, keep running to a new pallet, once a pallet is dropped around a doctor, you can't use it as a safe spot anymore.

A very good survivor at looping might find that doctor can be looped near infinitely in some places if he keeps trying to shock you when you get close to a pallet. Because the doctor thinks "Now he will drop this pallet, so i will shock him" and he will charge up his shock, but if the survivor is smart, he will think "The doctor is going to try to shock me here, so if i hear him charging, i can just ignore this pallet and run this loop one more time because he slowed himself down."