Toolbox are useless to repair, their only use is to sabotage

Options
Oicimau
Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Right? Except for brand new parts... maybe...

Comments

• Hunter__
    Hunter__ Member Posts: 53
    Options

Yes. They made toolboxes useful for sabo only. Or to do 5-10 % of a gen quickly. BNP'S basically do the same work of a basic toolbox in only a little less time.

with the nerf they need to bring back insta bnp.

Like start chasing a survivor. They stop next to an untouched gen teabag then instant gen pop. People would really freak out nowadays. I always thought it was funny. The ones that did that always died ;)

• RPGWolfGamer23
    RPGWolfGamer23 Member Posts: 126
    Options

Honestly, toolbox changes didn't effect anything, gens still get done quickly.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    edited March 2020
    Options

80 seconds.

It only takes 80 seconds for a survivor at base to complete a generator.

1-2 generators routinely pop at the conclusion of my first chase, game after game.

Toolboxes just made this even worse.

I'm glad their gone and they're useless to you now, have fun saboing hooks.

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555
    edited March 2020
    Options

I see that you aren't happy about about OP toolbox being gone... They are still decent on gen, not useless.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

You cant use a toolbox for 3 or 2 gens anymore, but you can still do 1 of gens as fast as in past. In past toolboxes were weaker, but with a lot more charges, and the best toolbox (Commodious Toolbox*) would shave off 19s of 3 gens. If multiple toolboxes are used and you dont run out of charges, you actually can do a gen faster now. :D

The new Commodious Toolbox can have maximum of 32+20= 52 charges. These 52s that you would normally spend on a gen are decreased to 35s (150% speed instead of 115%). Thats 52-35= 17s shaved off a gen. Thats only 2s less than the old toolbox. The main difference is that you cant do 3 gens with it.

The new Engineer's Toolbox can have maximum of 36 charges. The normal 36s of repairs are decreased to 18s (200% speed instead of 125%). Thats 36-18= 18s shaved off. The old Eng Toolbox was 80/1.25= 64s -80s = 16s. The old Eng toolbox could have 80x1,2+30= 126 charges to spend it on one and half a gen, now you can spend it only on 1 gen.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 581
    Options

Multiple toolboxes can finish a gen ridiculously fast. Useful in 3 gen situations, but I guess you have to save them.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

They had to after ruin nerf. They were pretty op after that

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

When the gen is nearly done and the killer is close you can use a toolbox to finish it.

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416
    Options

Not true at all they massively increased the speed but massively decreased the charges people just don’t understand that because they don’t get to use the toolbox the whole match otz tested it and found that the old tool boxes for a solo survivor cut out a total of 25 seconds from the average gen speed across all gens the new toolboxes cut out 20 seconds from a single gen

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

Nice answers. Except for the ones that are assuming I have a bias on this. It is just a topic to discuss if the toolbox are or arent useless to gen repair, nothing more.

Tks for the numbers. But, when I get the feeling in matches, its like I said on OP. When repairing, I save them for a fast end-repair. But my goal with them when I bring them in a match is just sabo, nowadays.

But, the numbers are a point. Let me have more matches in the future and try it out more. Tks ppl.