Leatherface's Blackface Should Not Be In The Game

Comments

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Attributing voting rights to a black cosmetic you find offensive for no reason other than 'it's black, he's white, racism confirmed.' The only progress that would come from this would be backwards.

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464
    edited April 2020

And once again....

So then by your rather "special" outlook...only Asians should be Feng and Yui and Oni and Jake and Rin. Only Blacks should be Claudette or Tapp or the Hag...only Africans should be the Wraith. Only someone from Lebanon can be Zarina. As some killers try to remind me..."it's just a game, dude."

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

@Bhunivelze

Get off the internet

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    edited April 2020

I'd also like to point out that the OP created their account 26 minutes before creating this thread.

I do not honestly believe the OP intends for an honest and open discussion on the issue since they're deliberately ignoring sound discussion by many of the posters here.

I guess the original intent was successful even though the original post had nothing to do with the actual intent of the individual...

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

The more this goes, the more I'm thinking this too.

Some white knight hipster in his parents upper middle class house crusading for those poor oppressed people he claims to stand for. Completely oblivious to how racist his little "white savior" act is making him look.

• Rivyn

But you trivialize the Civil Rights movement by attempting to attach an extremely small, and in my opinion, petty topic to such a huge historical movement, just to gain some validity.

You're in the minority here on your opinion. Just look at the thread, you're not making any progress. You can either buckle up and move on, change your view on the matter, or continue pushing against something that doesn't exist.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

And clown is a nazi because he uses gas on people. I think dwight might be Jewish so that is extremely racists.

Also need to get rid of deathslinger. Shooting unarmed black people is not okay especially in the age of blacklivesmatter.

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319

I've read your previous responses... You are literally making a claim that Leatherface wearing a black girl's face is racist because of visuals ALONE. You are completely ignoring the rest of my and many others' posts about CONTEXT.

Let me ask you this, if an Asian, Indian, or Hispanic killer was wearing a black girl's face, would that be racist to you?

How about this, since you're using history as justification.

If a black killer was wearing a White, Asian, or Indian face, do you believe the Whites, Asians, and Indians have the same amount of justification to rant like you're doing?

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

That's about the most uplifting thing I've ever read on this forum.

Maybe we should have one of these topics every week, so we can all come together to voice how ridiculous it is.

Unity through laughing at stupidity or something.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Ok

• SpaceCoconut

It's funny that this is the first comment you decide to reply to even though my first one was on topic and provided evidence against your thought. If you wanted to have a discussion over DM you wouldn't have created a thread where a public discussion could be held.

@MandyTalk @Peanits I do not believe the OP wishes to continue this thread. Should it be moved to Feedback or closed?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

I very often see accounts with the post count in the single digit, just to complain about something.

Yes, i missed the discussion you posted.

Still, that's only 2, over 3 years.

Still very little.

And yes, it matters cause this is different than a country allowing gay people to marry.

This is a business wanting loads of players and cash to keep it running, grow big, feed families etc.

If, like you say, black are in a (vast) minority here, and they were to remove a face for ethnicity reasons, there's gonna be so many complaints to the devs for simply taking away one of their cosmetics for such a reason.

And then there will most likely be a new fear of more cosmetics being taken away, including ones that are paid for instead of earned.

Even if they'd get a return of Auric Cells, they would still be forced to give up a cosmetic they like without getting their (actual) money back.

Removing it for the very few who are upset by it seems very impractical from a business standpoint.

• AlecSander
    AlecSander Member Posts: 67

Can’t hook Claud/Adam either cause that counts as lynching.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

I support op. There is too much racism and sexism in this game.

Clown the nazi who throws gas at people.

Deathslinger the racists who shoots unarmed black people.

Majority of the slowest killers in the game are female (nurse, huntress, hag and spirit all have speeds below 4.5) are devs saying women cant be as fast as men?

Jane's booty is too big. Sexual objectification.

I could go on and on.

• DeadHardMan
    edited April 2020

So your entire claim on "Blackface" Leatherface being racist is dependent on you and "many" others being triggered. Ok so, why exactly does "Blackface" Leatherface trigger you so much?

And before you say "It's because of historical reasons!". You can't say that. Why? Because you denied and ignored many other posts giving you context of why Leatherface is wearing the face, but all you said was "it's a Blackface, it's racist!". So why should I listen to you ramble about racist context?

So tell me, without using historical context/accounts, why do you think Leatherface wearing Claudette's face is racist?

Is it just visuals? Do you just dislike a white person being in a power role over a black person? What is it?

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Jakeface is offensive towards Korean people

Dwightface is offensive towards introverted people

Megface is offensive towards people that have lost a parent

Why are you people so obsessed over race? Its unhealthy.

• AlecSander

Actually,what YOU cannot understand is that it is not in any way blackface.There was a definition for blackface posted above,but how convenient that you missed it.

• AlecSander

You’ve also said that you’ve never seen the movies.Hmm.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

You do not want a discussion. You want an echo chamber. Several very legitimate and very true points have been made, people have tried to be polite, and yes some people are a little angry, but its unrealistic to expect civility when most don't like it when someone casually infers they and their family are racist apropos of nothing resembling evidence. Instead of engaging in this 'discussion' you so desperately want, you ignore valid points that don't line up with your view and back handedly insult people.

A discussion, a REAL discussion, requires that parties genuinely make an attempt to see something from both sides long enough to compare them in order to make an informed decision. You have no desire to do this, instead you dismiss, ignore, insult and throw away very valid points as 'strawman'.

I'm not going to engage you in a discussion, you do not want one, you want people to agree with you. Or you are indeed, as suspected by many, a troll. It's rare, but on this one occasion I hope that its the latter, because it is hard to believe someone is being so intentionally insensitive while they preach sensitivity on a trivial matter.

After 38 years on this planet, I don't need a random stranger on the internet to decide if I'm racist or not. I am fully aware of who and what I am and no argument you can throw at me, will ever convince me I'm a racist simply because I don't agree with you.

At this point I'd rather just report the thread for being inflammatory and insulting, then move on. Good luck on your quest.

• Dolls
    Dolls Member Posts: 395

Why is this troll thread still alive?

• THEFREAK420
    THEFREAK420 Member Posts: 138

So its okay if he wears the white people's faces though? But not claudette's? Why is she special? Because she's black? Please. Slavery in the U.S. Ended 155 years ago. Get over it. I wore her face proudly until i got the prestige face. She's usually the hardest survivor to find because of all the brown and dark clothes people put on her. Blendette's face was a well earned trophy. If it bothers you that much then you just might be a super sensitive snowflake and should quit playing.

• AlecSander

yet you still continue to ignore the facts.I can go back and forth.

• Todgeweiht

Ok tumblr

Nazi Clown

Where do you get this from? Clown isnt even german, he is based in an american pedo serial killer.

Racist deathslinger

Uh, he shoots everyone equally.

Majority of the slowest killers in the game are female

Ironic you say that, because female killers are also some of the best killers of the game (Hag, Nurse, Spirit), despite their slowness.

Jane's booty is too big. Sexual objectification.

Ah, yes, because shirtless david isnt sexual objectification at all.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
  • Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Do you really only see race in everything?

leatherface wears the face of his victims. In the movies you probably don’t see him wearing a face with darker skin because that was not necessary to show. LF does not care about the skin tone. I am pretty sure the license-holders agreed to the cosmetics in-game and did not see it as racist also.

you really are going too far with you accusations and assumptions. If someone was saying it’s not okay for white killers to kill black survivors in this game because that’s racist you would hopefully see that this claim does not make sense at all, right?

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736

Lmao y’all gotta stop feeding the trolls, I come back a few hours later to a 200+ reply thread. This thread needs to be closed

• Todgeweiht

I see, its just that after seeing this thread I am completely baffled. Some people take everything a personal attack.

• DeadHardMan

So basically you can't answer the question without sounding like a racist/hypocrite. Got ya.

Also when I mentioned historical context, I meant that you ignored context on why Leatherface wears Claud's face and you just responding "It's blackface, it's simply racist but I won't explain why!"

Also if you're ready to answer the question, I would be much obliged.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited April 2020

Ok but what if a black man wants to play leather face? Black face does not apply when we are all already roleplaying. I know my leather face Claudette face is worn proud when I catch one of the neon green pain in the butt survivors and has not to do with racism.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Your comparing this game to the event that made the USA? Ok lol I can’t take you seriously just delete the game kiddo it’s obvious your to sensitive for the internet..go play some civilization

• SpaceCoconut

Civ is racist too.

They'd be better off playing outside on the plastic slide at the nearby park.

• Mooks

No it’s not an argument, it was a question..

Would you feel in any way different if it was shown in the movies? Again the license-holders were very probably not against the cosmetic because it fits the lore. They did not show it in the movies because they did not need to. They never claimed in the movies that LF would not wear black faces.

your assumption that the cosmetic is in any way racist or the accusation that many people are (unknowingly) racist just two name two.

(Convenient thing you ignored the last question btw)

• Rivyn

You've been answered numerous times as to why your thinking is faulty, yet you remain stubbornly opposed to it. That's fine, a change of view can't be forced. If you're unwilling to see it from another side, that's on you. I'm still unsure why you're continuing this thread, other than to stir the pot, seeing as the majority of responses are against your train of thought. Unless you have nothing better to do. In which case, I say you jump in game and wear your 'racist' cosmetic, then ask if you're racist for doing so in the post game chat.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

If anything, they should add a face for every survivor so none are left out.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Stop trolling. Nobody agrees with you. The exclusion of Claudettes face would trigger you as well

Just....leave the forums with the little dignity you have left.

• Zaitsev

Annnnnd there you go. Now youve gone and insulted homosexuals. What little credibility you had is gone

• Elena

Okay before you attack me, I'm not defending this person for their arguments about the racism thing.

However reading through the paragraph you just responded too, I didn't see anything homophobic. It is true, there is a possibility that people in this forum are male, female, black, white, asian, gay, lesbian, bi, etcetera. I don't think they were insulting homosexuals (despite bringing it into the topic of racism).

• Mooks

it did make as much sense as your original post, but thanks for proving my point.

also no, I am not a straight white male.

you were the one to bring the argument „he does not wear black faces in the movies“ btw. Multiple times. It doesn’t matter, the lore stays the same.

but you obviously don’t want to discuss anything and only pick out single words to respond and ignore the rest.

• Zaitsev

They said, "the chances of someone gay in this thread are high". How is that not homophobic?

Now, as a man engaged to a man who dresses up as a woman, I could find that offensive. Thats insulting to my sexuality and insulting to straight people.

Am I actually offended? Not really, but it does anger me a little.

And to the person Im responding to. No Im not going to attack you. My contributions to this thread are over. Ive fed the troll long enough

• Zaitsev

Not just possible for a gay person

High

Apparently people who disagree with you are gay.

• Elena

It's not homophobic because it's true, you're just misinterpreting it that way. There is a possibility that there are gay people on this forum too. I'm bisexual myself so I don't take offense to it. That being said, saying "the chances of someone gay in this thread are high" is a homophobic statement is incorrect, because there's always that underlying possibility.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

White people don't have a problem as far as I know with leatherface wearing white faces. That's not at all what you were saying. You were saying that white people would cry racism if claudettes face got removed and it wouldn't matter. Because white people can't be victims of racism.

As far as you believing that context doesn't matter I would argue that it most certainly does. Someone wearing a Beyonce face or an Obama face because they are fans or idolize is NOT racist and certainly not blackface. As the definition of blackface ascribes intent of mockery.

Context should ALWAYS matter.

• Zaitsev

Its Claudettes face. Yknow how Leatherface makes a mask out of peoples faces? No racial connotations. He has one for each OG survivor

This discussion has been closed.