The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Question for the Youtube Q&A

Comments

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
    Why not make the diversion perk into a stun of killer is hot directly??? Only it’s a one time use and will not affect the carry of a survivor I.e killer will only be stunned and not drop the survivor. I can’t see that setting up for some awesome fun plays 
  • ZyloWolf64
    ZyloWolf64 Member Posts: 2

This might seem selfish or greedy, but are there any plans for another free DLC chapter in the near/far future?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited September 2018

Will we ever see a killer that moves faster than the 'standard' killer speed of 115%? I get it's harder to balance that, but the speed could be offset by some drawback (eg. longer attack animation/cooldown)

• Creator
    Creator Member Posts: 360

Hello! Would you like to add a beta version of the animation of Memento Mori to the Leatherface? This is the one you once showed on the stream. He punched the back of the head with a hammer, and then pulled the chainsaw starter 2-3 times, and at the end performed a dance with her. If not, why? And is it possible to add at least one piece of animation, where he pulls the starter of the chainsaw? Without dancing with her at the end.

• uncledave
    uncledave Member Posts: 7
    Any chances to see “The Subway” as new location in upcoming chapters?
  • BigFudge
    BigFudge Member Posts: 239
    Are there any plans to change daily rituals? Maybe give the option for an easy or hard ritual with smaller/bigger rewards? It used to be so much more fun having a goal to work towards for a few matches! 

Love the game btw, thanks!!
  • RelaxedNerd
    RelaxedNerd Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018

Is there any plans to reduce the grind from the game, at this current state it is a massive grind to get all the perks on killer and survivor. For someone who is a college student it is hard to find the time to grind and get the builds I want.

• Happy_trapper010
    Happy_trapper010 Member Posts: 26

Will you be adding more maps to the already existing realms like Red Forest, Lerys Memorial Institute, or even to dlc maps like Haddonfield or Springwood in the near future?

• Guapscotch
    Guapscotch Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2018

There will be 13 killers and 14 survivors available in the game once The Spirit and Adam Francis are released. This adds up to 39 teachable killer perks and 42 survivor teachable perks. The current teachable perk system eventually forces you to spend bloodpoints on a teachable perk if you want other perks to show up for a character you are investing bloodpoints into. This has led to many issues for me, as I current have over 70 teachable perks I do not want or use at all for any of my killers or survivors that I was basically forced to invest bloodpoints into if I wanted any new perks from popping up. This will only get worse as more characters release, further diluting the choice of perks that I actually want to spawn in the bloodweb. Do you plan on revamping the teachable perk system to fix this growing issue?

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

would it be possible to have the post game chat be something i choose to join or display instead of automatically displaying it
    that chat window is the main reason i can only play this in short bursts no matter what side i am on, so often there is somebody slinging unnecessarily mean things at somebody so i have to race to close the chat box to avoid the negativity (which i am usually not fast enough for )

• clumsyturtle
    clumsyturtle Member Posts: 1

Are you guys working towards making prestiging more worth it for survivors/killers? I understand that you get blood on the clothes and also can POSSIBLY get rarer items in the bloodweb. But it kinda sucks that the blood can only go on the OG cosmetics. Can the blood possibly go on all cosmetics soon or in the near future?

• HeavenlyClassic
    HeavenlyClassic Member Posts: 38
    Remove the category cap .
    I assume u earn no more blood after maxed 
    This is irritating and robs me
    For example
    When killer decides to chase me near entire game,thus the chase is for naught when I've maxed but they still chasing.thus I earn a few in other categories and maybe black pip or no pip even tho I didnt ask to be chased while game. 
  • HOSTi
    HOSTi Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2018

Hi =) Rather, it is not a bug, a simple flaw, but still
    Why not return the old physics to Claudette's standard hairstyle? After the 2.0.0 patch, the hairstyle has undergone some changes, as a result, the whole tail is flopped in the back, static (immobile), and it looks not very pleasant, some people will not understand, but for me it's important how my character looks, whether it is worth waiting for this correction in closest hotfix or the next patch with a new chapter?

1 screenshot patch 1.9.4
    2 screenshot patch 2.0.0
    And
    Will there be other color variations for alternative clothing, such as a professional botanical apron?

• vSupaman
    vSupaman Member Posts: 1

I was wondering if you will be creating a permanent party option on PS4, as it's really frustrating to have to keep inviting every time a game ends?

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

After you implement some new changes to late game (for example the idea of 60s final chase) are you considering creating something similar for early game for example that first 60s survivors can't do gens and have to evade the killer/sabotage hooks or something similiar to make games last longer ?

• mike2835
    mike2835 Member Posts: 83
    Is it possible to add icons for your item add on's?   So you don't have to drop the item to see what ace in the hole gave you and risk someone swiping your item. 
  • some_shape
    some_shape Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2018

Hello devs, I’d like to know if you are gonna rework some perks that are considered weak at the moment, like surveillance, beast of prey and territorial imperative.

Removing the timer of surveillance and TI, as they limit those perks a lot, would make them a lot less situational (you could even remove the timer of surveillance but make the aura visible when you are away by 18 or 24 meters from the generators, if you considered it too powerful)

And changing beast of prey to activate at the start of a chase until bloodlust 1 would be a great way to help new players mind game

Btw, looking at survivor perks there is one that feels weak since launch, it’s Prove Thyself. Why not make it a reversed bbq n chili token based perk(you start with x stacks, x being the number of teammates that you have and removing a token whenever one of them is hooked for the first time)?

These changes would make them more viable (especially surveillance and BoP)

Thanks for your time,
    Some Shape.
    P.S. I created this username before Michael Myers was announced(I think it was in 2016)

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

Would it be possible to add the Item/Power add-ons to in the game UI?

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

Will Nea ever get her old P3 look back?

• AtomicDog71
    AtomicDog71 Member Posts: 1
    Any chance at some point killers could open lockers without wasting time slamming them closed? Once opened, just leave them open and let survivors close them during the course of the game.  
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

Are there any changes being talked about for leatherface? His chilli addons are still pretty worthless and he got hit hard with the tinkerer change.

• Psylocker101
    Psylocker101 Member Posts: 18

I have to start by saying that you are AMAZING, and that I quite agree that bold survivors and those who manage to hold long in chases deserve extra points, but as someone who plays stealthy ( and there have been a ton of matches where I avoided being seen by mere inches, and used my covers well to avoid detection while in terror radius, and never got into one chase ) I have to ask, is there any ideas or thoughts that will reward stealthy tactics a bit more? THANK YOU
    FYI I was not playing invisible Claudette during those matches.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

Any news about the "Concede" option - once doors are open - you talked about a while ago? I don't understand why it isn't coded yet since a same result can already be achieved by pulling the plug.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Is there any chance that you will create another killer that is viable in high rank play, that is at least on par with The Hill Billy if not The Nurse?

• SolAkira
    SolAkira Member Posts: 71
    I know this topic has been the center of a lot of Q&As but when can we expect something to be done about camping? It totally ruins the "fun factor" for me. It's not fair that if a killer has BBQ&Chili they can hook me and get a bonus and then camp me. Rinse and repeat the whole match until most if not all are dead. It's really annoying and unfun to sit there and not have a chance to be back in the game. The more I play the more I get camped as of late with the influx of new players. 

I don't really care about the buffs and nerds needs to perks really, everyone get used to them but what's the point if you're just gonna get camped? It makes even attempting to jump off the hook meaningless because they'll just hit you as soon as you touch the ground. 

I really like this game but camping is making me put it off for longer and longer periods of time. 
  • Dav105
    Dav105 Member Posts: 73

Now that looping will be less annoying for killers, can games be a little longer? Maybe add a new objective to the game? For example; you'd have to complete 5 gens and 3 decryption machines or something? (Identity V remake). I feel like extending the time of the trials would make camping/tunnelling/slugging a little less common as killers would have more time to kill. Thoughts?

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

Hello just wanted to ask you guys talked about looking into the false chainsaw animation awhile back and that it is something with hit detection any timeline for when we could possibly see a fix for this in the near future ?

• Bambosa
    Bambosa Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018

Do you agree that the fact that the majority of killers NEED Hex: Ruin to stall out a game vs high rank survivors tells you there is something wrong with the speed survivors are able to do generators. Without Ruin, 2/3 generators can easily be finished in the time it takes to find, chase and hook a decent survivor. Not that I camp or tunnel but the speed of games definitely feels like the reason a lot of killers turn to "cheap" tactics. I know you mentioned the "3 pillars" but none of that has any effect if the survivors just do gens while injured, if anything, killers will just use sloppy butcher instead of Ruin. So still requiring a crutch for any of the weaker killers.

Post edited by Bambosa on
  • Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

With all of the current detection perks and abilities that killers have, what ways do you suggest survivors try and escape from a killer without pallet looping?
    Around ranks 1-8, people get angry for pallet looping. Stealth isn't exactly an option due to all the means of detection. And mind games kind of have a skill cap on both the survivor and the killer ends.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Can you guys implement surrender options for both Killers and Survivors

Survivors - required vote yes for all survivors, only can do this when all survivors are incapacitated and on dying state

Killers - Only activatable when 8 minutes has passed

This idea came from identity V, it would end the game immediately, instead of wasting time let the killer hook everyone one by one, and not wasting time on finding the last survivor

I hate wasting time and using Whispers to find the last person hiding wasting everyone's time

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018

Dupe post mb

Post edited by Someissues on
  • GaymerGuy91
    GaymerGuy91 Member Posts: 11

Hello Devs,

Any ideas or future plans for a new game mode??

• Any plans to address long matchmaking queues at red ranks since it can often takes a while like after x mins expand the ranks of survivors the game searches?

• Doughnutsu
    Doughnutsu Member Posts: 1

Why can't Killers grab Survivors when they're healing on another? It seems odd we can grab at totems, doors, gens, hooks, hatch, vaults, chests and so on but I can't grab someone when they're standing right in front of me healing a downed player?

In SWF this is crazy powerful, you hardly exist in these situations aside from instadown characters.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

With the most recent major patch (2.1.0) Fire Up has become nearly useless. It used to be the only method of increasing one's speed in damaging generators and picking up survivors. Now, brutal strength also breaks generators (which is faster than Fire Up even with 4 tokens) and the change to pick up times negates any need for it. Fire Up was already a weak perk and has been indirectly hit with the nerf hammer, any ideas on changing or buffing it?

• SebastionSteel
    SebastionSteel Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2018

With the new mori for the Spirit being one of the more cinematic, are there any plans to revisit any of the mori animations which are fixed to either killer or survivor views for the previous killers ?

Post edited by SebastionSteel on
  • deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Would you guys darken the shade of some of megs cosmetics I bought the whole fog travelers set for her because you guys did a great job and the hairstyle is my favorite for meg but it’s really bright and I was wondering if you could darken it a tiny bit so I don’t get spotted so easily for a cosmetic I purchased 
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Hello Devs, 

Are there any plans on making a new hub/lobby?  It would be cool to have something that we could run around in... like a back yard with a bonfire that we could use to invite our friends and wait for a game.. is something that the team has spoke about? if so it's always fun hearing about possibilities from you guys ... keep up the good work!! 
  • theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

I have a feeling that way survivors see the game is a bit too much at least in chase.
    At the moment looping is so easy and risk free exactly because survivors can see the killer above and through a lot of obstacles so mindgame is not really possible.
    How about making camera close up on survivor's back while in chase and making it so he can't move his vision further then 45 degrees? That would make chases much more tense for survivors as they wouldn't be able to constantly see the killer above the loops making them essentially risk free.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

Will there ever be a killer or a survivor that will say words instead of sounds or screams/laughs?

• Any update on when the report system that was supposedly being tweaked will finally be done?

• HeavenlyClassic
    Create bloody variants for the store cosmetics for those of us that have p3 the character. 
    For example Feng,I have her newest cosmetics and their great but would love bloody version of it.
  • HeavenlyClassic
    Do something about the matchmaking. 
    It takes a ridiculous amount of time to find a match on ps4. Maybe add a lobby or option to join up with players regardless of rank because it takes like a whole game time worth if not more of waiting in between matches. That's a lot of time sitting in lobby 
  • HeavenlyClassic
    edited September 2018
    Can we get some pips at rank 1 so we dont instantly lose it after bad game ? 
  • HeavenlyClassic
    Have u considered increasing the perk limit at all? Like using 5 instead of 4. 
  • HeavenlyClassic
    I was wondering why killer doesnt get to use more perks than survivor seeing as how he is supposed to be a big massive one man team against many little guys. Tbh I think that'd help killer.
  • HeavenlyClassic
    edited September 2018
    SolAkira said:
    I know this topic has been the center of a lot of Q&As but when can we expect something to be done about camping? It totally ruins the "fun factor" for me. It's not fair that if a killer has BBQ&Chili they can hook me and get a bonus and then camp me. Rinse and repeat the whole match until most if not all are dead. It's really annoying and unfun to sit there and not have a chance to be back in the game. The more I play the more I get camped as of late with the influx of new players. 

I don't really care about the buffs and nerds needs to perks really, everyone get used to them but what's the point if you're just gonna get camped? It makes even attempting to jump off the hook meaningless because they'll just hit you as soon as you touch the ground. 

I really like this game but camping is making me put it off for longer and longer periods of time. 
    Especially when u taunt the killer after long chase xD they no care about losing they want u dead ha.
  • HeavenlyClassic
    Soren said:

Any news about the "Concede" option - once doors are open - you talked about a while ago? I don't understand why it isn't coded yet since a same result can already be achieved by pulling the plug.

This would be gud against survivors that just hide as if to make u quit 
  • HeavenlyClassic

Is there any plans to reduce the grind from the game, at this current state it is a massive grind to get all the perks on killer and survivor. For someone who is a college student it is hard to find the time to grind and get the builds I want.

That would be insulting to those who have grinded
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Colourblind mode?
This discussion has been closed.