NOED nerf/rework request

Options
Dwigtht
Dwigtht Member Posts: 462

NOED now is the most annoying perk. I have played killer with NOED and in some cases, you could get 4k by literally not doing anything during the main match and slug survs during endgame. 

As a survivor I am often running Small Game and cleansing 3 - 4 dull totems on average, but on some maps some totems are really difficult to find and cleanse. 

but this is not enough in most cases. And on the large maps it is too difficult to find NOED tot during endgame. 

I would like to request to keep NOED as a HEX totem, but make it visible during the main match as the other totems, like ruin or devour hope. 

So that, survivors will be able to spot and cleanse noed totem during the match. 

Make NOED like Devour Hope.

In the after match chat I see a lot how survs call killer "trash", "weak killer" and so on for NOED, 

but I have never seen any trash talk regarding Devour Hope. If survivors have not find that bright totem during the match -- this is totally their fault. 

So, making NOED totem visible and highlighted during the main math would also fix this social issue. 

P.S.: My favorite meme with NOED is Nurse with Insidious, NOED and Warden staying on the other side of the gates entire match  and waiting the gates to open. Then hit and hook first surv who opens the gate and active blood warden. 

After that, slug and hook everyone else. 

I am bad at playing Nurse and I literally do not do anything during the match and can get 1k - 4k during the end game.

Comments

• Hunter__
    Hunter__ Member Posts: 53
    Options

I have a rework for you. Take it off hex perk and make it last 2 minute like old school. Combod with new endgame then it could be fun.

;)

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

I would add notification for every totem destroyed, so survivors know how many of them are still somewhere on the map. But that notification would appear in every game, not just in game where NOED is in use.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

I already brought up an idea for noed by not making it a hex perk but a totem count perk instead.

• Once the final generator is complete noed activates. Noed has a base time of 60 seconds.
    • For every totem that’s unbroken when noed activates, noed receives an additional 10/15/20 seconds.

basically this change makes it on the survivors for how powerful noed will be. it rewards survivors for cleansing but at the same time still giving the killer a chance for a comeback.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569
    Options
  • SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Never had an issue with NOED personally. You do the bones, you don't get NOED. You don't even have to prioritise them over gens. Just remember the places you saw a totem, and break it when it procs. Yes, NOED can turn nasty, but that's a toss of a coin. Sometimes it's out in the open, other times it's being sneaky and in a really good hiding place. The killer does not get to place his totem, he doesn't get to find out where it is until endgame and so can't camp it. It's a useless perk till endgame, and even then it can be destroyed or already gone.

It's an effective perk, but only if you let it be. No perk that you can neutralise so easily, needs that much of a nerf.

There is even a survivor perk that rewards you for doing totems. I love using Inner Strength. I'd take it over spending 5 mins to heal in a corner any day. But that is admittedly, a personal preference.

I know it Can be irritating to do well in a match, only to be one hit downed near the exit gates but the coin is never always going to be tossed in your favour, and that's the way it should be.

Totems have been around for a good long time, and now we have a perk that rewards totem breaking with a quick and free health state, and while a totem counter would be cool, there is really not much of an excuse not to do them other than personal choice.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of NOED, but at the same time, it can easily be stopped by destroying totems. But, at the same time, if you're solo, you can't know for sure all totems are destroyed or not. BHVR should add a Totem counter beside the Gen counter so survivors can see how many totems are left on the map. They should also notify survivors the second NOED activates, similar to how Rancor informs the obsession when it activates. At least this way, survivors can decide to either get out fast, or attempt to find the totem. Most games I just go into the match with the idea NOED is waiting at end-game, so I'll always hunt totems, but the same can't be said for everyone else.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

It ran on a time-based feature before literally everybody just hid in lockers until the time was up.

Noed is fine the way it is

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Why would people ever run NOED then? It would literally be a 3 stack Devour that would only work once the exit gates are opened. At that point, might as well just bring Devour and get a couple hooks.

Totems are supposed to be high risk high reward, but the risk wouldn't be worth the reward if there's a visibly lit totem from the start of the game that does literally nothing except glow and crackle until the gates are opened.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Yeah after they completed their objectives and had only 3 perks all game. Not failed in theirs.

See what I did there.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

Ok, let's switch it to decisive. You fail in a chase twice in a short amount of time, you get rewarded by stunning the killer, even if he wasn't camping or tunneling and unluckily found you.

• Clevite
    Options

C'mon killers have been non stopped buffed since ruin nerf. Look they even eliminated the loop on ironworks. Killers are in a much better place then this time last year.

• Clevite
    Options

Decisive is an unbalanced and unfair perk. I won't defend it.

• Cheers
    Options

If decisive gets nerfed, a perk that I rarely use, I'll be glad to get a rework on Noed, another perk I rarely use.

• Clevite
    Options

We are in agreement. I like fungoose's idea for noed. Get a token for each survivor you failed to hook during game. Each hit when noed is active eliminates a token. When all tokens are gone, totem self destructs.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

yeah, your idea is horrible. There is a reason why people make fun of the quote "Hex: Ruin is a good endgame perk" - its because no Hex Totem ever makes it into the endgame.

rather a rework then:

Hex: No One Escapes Death:

Once all generators are repaired, this perk activates. All remaining Dull Totems on the map will be turned into Hex: No One Escapes Death Totems and the perk gains Tokens based on the number of available Hex: No One Escapes Death Totems.

When the perk has at least 3/2/1 Token(s), you unlock the ability to kill Healthy, Injured and Dying Survivors by your own hand. Doing so will result in the destruction of 3/2/1 Totem(s).

Each time a Totem gets destroyed, the perk will also lose a Token. Once the perk has less than 3/2/1 Token(s), it deactivates.

I know this sounds ridiculously strong uppon viewing it the first time, however, the more you think about it, the weaker and more balanced it gets.

This version of NOED works entirely differently to the current version - and it gets rid of some problems I have with the current version of NOED aswell, for example the perk only affecting one totem (= no proper punishment for those who ignored totems all game) or the perk always hitting at full strength (= no reward for doing totems, if at least one remains)

it now is what it currently is supposed to be: it plays around the totem mechanic and is stronger, the more totems are available.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

"Just do bones" is not an excuse for this perk and how it activates. If a single can do 3-4 bones ON THEIR OWN and still get affected by NoED, then that's not fair to that survivor. Some totems are pretty well hidden on certain maps.

NoED currently rewards bad play from BOTH sides, takes zero effort to activate, and doesn't give any warning for the most powerful status effect in the game. There are only 2 perks that do this: NoED and Devour Hope.

What I think would be a good band-aid fix until we can get a full rework of the perk is to give the Exposed status on it's activation, just like Myers Tier III, Ghostface's stalk, Make Your Choice, Iron Maiden, aka EVERY OTHER EXPOSED EFFECT.

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

So you want killers to protect totens plus gens? I love that joke.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    Options

If you do 3-4 bones, that’s good. It’s on your team to do the last 1 or 2. If they don’t, then you have NOED. It’s not “unfair,” you just didn’t find all the totems this time, and your teammates sucked. Move on to the next game.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Yes it does... because having to find and cleanse all 5 totems as a solo queue is ridiculous. There's no communication and no way to tell how many totems were cleansed, so every survivor is forced to search for all 5 totems blind.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited April 2020
    Options

as a survivor, I cleanse as many totems as I come across. if there’s NOED at the end, I know I did my part, so I leave. I play solo and yes it is really tough to find all 5 totems, so I always EXPECT there to be NOED. I’m never upset that NOED is active cause I always expect it.

basically, that’s just the game.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

? Being solo ain't an excuse for not doing totems you must have joined dbd pretty recently because memorizing totem spots ain't hard

• asparagus
    asparagus Member Posts: 133
    Options

Lol I had a nurse at the game, and me and my teammates(not swf) cleansed all totems, when the last gen popped I had been waiting at the exit gates for them to finish. I had opened the exit gates and there she was, everyone escaped and not even a single kill. I had texted the person saying why were you there all game, he replied “I was doing a challenge” but I had replied back saying “so staying in the exit gates all game is a challenge" but then I had realized that he had NOED and yet he lost, tf did he expect, to win?😂

I felt like he was gonna try and slug 1 of us btw

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

No I actually didnt and im a Rank 1 survivor. Yes, there are obvious spots where they spawn but again.. when all 4 people don't know who cleansed said totems, each of them are forced to look thinking all 5 totems are still up when someone could have already cleansed 3/5 of them.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712
    Options

do the bones ez

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options
    • Because Ruin Was the most annoying perk that nerf to death, so Killers use Noed.
    • Now Noed become the most annoying perk, Noed should be nerfed to death like Ruin
    • Then BBQ will be come the most annoying perk. So BBQ later should be nerf to death.
    • After that, the most annoying perk will be Nurse calling

See what I did there?

you could get 4k by literally not doing anything during the main match and slug survs during endgame. 

For me, sit at Gen for 2min then escape is also not doing anything during the main match.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

Go ahead and run NOED and walk away and do an errand, see if you come back to a 4k since "You literally have to do nothing."

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

Yeah, because killers never whine about how unfair the game is to them, right?

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Options

It's a hex; high risk, high reward. Break bones. Crisis averted.

I've had matches where I've broken 2-4 totems and still NOED pops: Tough.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

This is like the hundredth noed killed me post and I'm just alittle tired of them. It has so many counters SO SO MANY COUNTERS and people are just too fcking lazy to do bones.

Noed still requires the killer,find,catch,hit,and hook you and you can still be saved... noed... and stay with me here people can be defeated by walking out the powered exit gates.

Noed is only on when the gates are on... so leave.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225
    Options

As some very entitled survors say: "jUsT apPly PreSsuRe" i can say: "Just do bones"

case closed

neeeext

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578
    Options

I agree with you, I'm always doing bones, if there's a gen and a totem in the same area, I'm hitting that totem first. Some areas though are hard for me to find them because of the layout, but I break what I can. It's frustrating to see your team completely ignore them, then get mad when NOED slaps them.

• komaboma
    komaboma Member Posts: 56
    Options

or learn to stop complaining and actually ######### cleanse dull totems

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

Noed is good when playing survivor. Killer have 3 perks. How are there for real survivors that wants Noed nerfed? It is unreal.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

NOED definitely needs changed. Not sure what they could do, though.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383
    Options

Dude most of the time You can get like one hook with it before somebody does the totem. There is nothing wrong with the perk as it is. Easy to counter. If you get caught and ended up not doing the totems then that is on you.

• Speavy
    Speavy Member Posts: 58
    Options

Okey make noed lit up at the start of the game, Make it also being active as well.

Noed is not active as long as there is a gen to do. So no lit totem.

If you want to lit up Noed totem by the start. then give the power to the killer as well.

You see the totem, the killer use the totem its only fair. And trust me i think a 3 second chase by the start of the game with Noed active would be much more of a salt mine than now.

Noed is in a decent spot. Not broken, not very usefull.

Its punishing bad hook rushing survivours thats all.

If you found out that he has noed just search for the totem, usually the killer wont leave the hook. If you unlucky the totem near by the hook but still either the killer defends the totem or the hook. Cant do both.

And if you lucky the totem is somewhere far away and can be destroyed without pressure. The hooked survivour has enough time to hang there while the others search the totem.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

So when Survivors play with 3 perks all game it's skill, but when Killers do it it's a crutch?

• Kon
    Kon Member Posts: 76
    Options

yeah but this was a good change. imagine being a new player and every killer running ruin. that ######### wouldnt be the slightest bit of fun and theyd prolly refund the game within 30mins

• KayK99
    KayK99 Member Posts: 94
    Options

Stfu... Just stfu...

• Cheers
    Options

We've been told countless times by the devs that camping and tunneling is a legitimate strategy that they've got no intent on nerfing.

The point is, both reward you failing. You shouldn't be rewarded for making a mistake.

• Clevite
    Options

It's a crutch when you play a perk admitting you are going to fail to keep all 5 gennys from being done .

If you play it now and again, or the occasional meme build, well that is for fun.

If it is in your everyday build, well then you must constantly have survivors finishing gens on you, or why would it be an everyday perk.

If your referring to adrenaline, that you play because you are consistently completing your objectives, not consistently failing to do so.

If it makes you feel better, I think DS is a bs unbalanced perk.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

I agree with you partially. Since NOED starts working when the gates are powered, not open. Meaning unless you're a really bad killer or that somebody just walk into the hex totem. You're going to get a hook.

• Cheers
    edited April 2020
    Options

But who camps at high ranks? The last time I was camped was a week or two back in egc, and I can't even remember the last time I was camped with no reason.